Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 07:51 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,163,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Be specific...thanks.
Considering the first point isn't accurate, I don't believe I should have to delve any further.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 07:52 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,163,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Reason #20: Ron Paul is an anti-trade isolationist.
Reason #21: He is anti-military.
Reason #22: He is a certifiable lunatic that should be locked up in a rubber-room, along with McCain.
Humor post of the day.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:56 PM

674 posts, read 695,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
He’s pro-Wikileaks, pro-OWS, and his views of our military presence in various parts of the world. He's way too isolationist for me. I don't agree with his pro-life views, but I don't worry too much about Roe v. Wade being overturned any time in mine or my children's lifetime. So he can be pro-life all he wants. Really, that's about all I can disagree with him on. I REALLY don't like the fact that 911 truther's back him and he doesn't denounce their craziness... but again, you can't turn down politcal backers when you wanna be president, I guess.
Ron Paul has stated that he doesn't believe in the 911 conspiracy theories. This is his way of "denouncing" the crazies without spending any unnecessary time. The Ron Paul umbrella has a lot of different people under it. I think it's a better use of time to try to encourage more people to gather under the umbrella rather than going to extremes to push people out.

Ron Paul says 9/11 was ineptness and NOT "an Inside Job" - YouTube

Old 12-20-2011, 09:33 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,844,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stateisota View Post
This list is BS.

Paul has his own things he supports but the article forgets Paul supports what people want in a state want to do with their state, rather than impose federal regulation on them.

He would never impose a ban on abortion via the Fed, he will leave it up to the state's decision.
ZERO Difference.

Old 12-20-2011, 09:38 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,917,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
ZERO Difference.
How? Are you saying that by default every state would automatically ban abortions if one did it? Based on what I see today with the gay marriage situation, thats obviously not true. Honestly I support gay marriage, however I do like to see our democracy working in a way that is allowing different states to make their own decisions, while their citizens react to it...and potentially drive change in the other direction. That is how things should work...not everyone is always going to agree, so it is nice to see a fluid democracy in action. We wont get the "right" answer over night, and personally I think the back and forth helps to hash out details and compromises.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
How? Are you saying that by default every state would automatically ban abortions if one did it? Based on what I see today with the gay marriage situation, thats obviously not true. Honestly I support gay marriage, however I do like to see our democracy working in a way that is allowing different states to make their own decisions, while their citizens react to it...and potentially drive change in the other direction. That is how things should work...not everyone is always going to agree, so it is nice to see a fluid democracy in action. We wont get the "right" answer over night, and personally I think the back and forth helps to hash out details and compromises.
Denying Millions of American women the right to chose is idiotic, it saying women in one state have the right to medical procedure but in the state next door they do not, stupid and unfair in the extreme. FYI, the state is not different that the Feds, government is government, you are not going to be allowed to vote on it any more than at the Federal level. The point is we are ONE Nation, and issues that affect an entire sector of our society should be handled at the Federal level so that ALL of those affected are do so in the same manner logically and fairly. Paul's idea is not his, nor is it a new one, I have heard this idea/plan for many years now, it is a backdoor way to attempt to get around Row vs Wade, it will not happen, far too many people see it for what it is and will not accept it. Paul looks at the US as a lose confederation of states/countries where each should be allowed to simply run things as they see fit, no matter how crazy that would get when it comes to issues such as this. That flys in the face of the fact that we are ONE Nation and should have balance in our laws and regualtions when they affect Millions of Americans. The reason Paul is rejected is that while his ideas may sound good to some on the surface when those ideas are thought out enough to understand the impact they would have, thinking people realize his ideas would be bad for the Nation. Paul lives in a world where he believes if left to our own devices we will simply do the right thing as with businesses and pollution, but the reality is that enough would not so that we would end up living in a sewer or worse. Idealisim is a fine thing to think about, but it does not work in practice and never will so long and man is what he is, it is why systems such as Communisim cannot work, there will always be the greedy and those that want power over others, and so long as we have those traits idealism cannot work. Americans have already rejected Pauls ideas twice and they will do so again. You have until May at best, and then the dream will end, for the final time.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:20 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,159,227 times
Sure, those are good reasons not to vote for Ron Paul if you're a die hard leftist.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Sure, those are good reasons not to vote for Ron Paul if you're a die hard leftist.
Unfortunately your statement does not explain away all the diehard righties and moderates that also think many of Pauls ideas are not the answer

Old 12-21-2011, 01:09 PM

37,942 posts, read 17,717,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
So since Ron Paul believes in compulsory childbirth that makes him a control freak, eh?
When it comes to individual rights the individual is the control freak for their own rights. You always have to fight for them since government takes rights away.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:13 PM

37,942 posts, read 17,717,655 times
Quote:
Reason #20: Ron Paul is an anti-trade isolationist.
Ron Paul is for free trade not managed trade. he is a non in terventionist. Funny how the same people have to lie about Ron Pauls position on the issues. Just shows they are running scared.

Quote:
Reason #21: He is anti-military.
He is for a strong national defense. He has read the CIA and D o D report on how our occupation of sovereign nations has made us less safe. Why don't you read the report and become informed instead of spreading misinformation and lies?

Quote:
Reason #22: He is a certifiable lunatic that should be locked up in a rubber-room, along with McCain.
What is certifiable about freedom and liberty comrade?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections