U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 03:07 PM

4,999 posts, read 3,876,732 times

Advertisements

"I know there are some people who would like to make this nation a secular nation, who want to take God out of everything that exists in this country," Romney said. "They try to say it's unconstitutional."

Romney: More prayer in schools – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

How many people out there are prepared to pray to Joseph Smith?

P.S. Somebody tell Willard this is a secular nation. If you want a theocracy, move to Saudi Arabia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 03:20 PM

8,950 posts, read 10,160,819 times
I wonder how Willard would like it if the prayers were chanted in Hebrew and left out the Jesus dude. Would that be acceptable?

Old 12-16-2011, 03:22 PM

30,542 posts, read 33,365,250 times
"religious ornamentation".haha. WHY?

Old 12-16-2011, 03:27 PM

733 posts, read 528,406 times
We should ask Romney if he means praying to the God he worships... the one that lives around Kolob and has dozens of goddess wives and fathered Jesus and Satan as spirit children, or does he mean the God of Aristotle?

Old 12-16-2011, 04:48 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,362,914 times
More prayer ? Someone needs to tell Romney there is NO prayer in schools. The "moment of silence" is quite sufficient.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:49 PM

12,050 posts, read 11,121,611 times
From a purely strategic standpoint, Mitt shouldn't talk about religion. It's going to be remind the people who care about it that he's not "one of them".

Old 12-16-2011, 04:50 PM

20,978 posts, read 16,227,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"I know there are some people who would like to make this nation a secular nation, who want to take God out of everything that exists in this country," Romney said. "They try to say it's unconstitutional."

Romney: More prayer in schools CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

P.S. Somebody tell Willard this is a secular nation. If you want a theocracy, move to Saudi Arabia.
You do realize that it is 100% Constitutional to pray in school, don't you?

Mitt is an American citizen and entitled to his opinion.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 14 days ago)

18,857 posts, read 12,145,326 times
Quote:

Romney: More prayer in schools – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

It would probably do everyone good.

When I was a kid (in public schools), we always started the day with the Pledge and a prayer. I do not think that this adversely affected anyone.

Give it a rest. Political correctness has proven to be complete BS. There is no harm whatsoever in the pledge and a prayer and only uptight, easily offended, pain in the a*s liberals would object. These are the same people you would never invite to a social occasion, as they are always pissed off and unpleasant toward others. If these same liberals would have been spanked, compelled to pray, have jobs when they were kids, and learn some discipline, they would probably be conservatives instead and not be so unhappy with thier lives.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:13 PM

8,005 posts, read 4,181,930 times
Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT!!

Seriously, if you haven't got a clue what the hell you're talking about, just shut up and people will assume you're not a complete moron.

Where do people get such stupid ideas about the Mormons? I swear, nobody ever gets any of the facts straight about any aspect of what they believe.

Thank you for amusing me with your stupidity.

Here's I'm going to throw out one too -- call it an idiot holiday: Catholics worship Horses and goats.

Bye now.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:00 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,849,950 times
Quote:

Romney: More prayer in schools CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

I don't believe Mormons pray to Joseph Smith. Sheesh, what stupidity gets posted on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or