U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 10:11 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,210,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
We may not agree on much, and we sure do not agree with who we want to win in 2012, but you right on this one. The Paul fans will not listen to ya, I assume you are seeing it also, to me it makes them a liability to the GOP not an asset.
I thought I said it like Paul was a liability. I guess sometimes I don't say what I want to say. Does the title of the thread intimate that I think Paul will cause Obama to be re-elected?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
1992 more than 1996.

But, anyway, I think the Ron Paul supporters are really blind when it comes to this.
Clinton only ran against Dole one time and that was in 1996. I didn't want either of them to win that year but wanted Perot even less.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:13 PM

14,969 posts, read 14,210,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Clinton only ran against Dole one time and that was in 1996. I didn't want either of them to win that year but wanted Perot even less.
OK, but Perot had a bigger impact in the 92 Bush vs. Clinton election. That was my point.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
Ron Paul has said over 50 times he will not run 3rd party and I think he will stay true to his word. Let use some logic here which avoids the OP like the plague, a 3rd party run does nothing to advance his message. Due to the fact as Paul has stated and anyone with a ounce off common sense knows you can not win unless you are in the 2 pathetic parties. The deck is stacked to ensure that the 2 parties never ever lose control.

Paul wants his message to carrry on and a 3rd party run that might have helped Obama get elected will be remembered by the {R} party. Did the OP and others forget that his son Rand is a Senator in the {R} party? Who do you think will carry the torch if Paul does not get the nod? Do you get it now? only the MSM and other idiots think Paul will run 3rd party.
I would accept Rand Paul this time and anything his father does won't change my mind about him. However, I did hear Ron say today when asked if he would support someone else that he had to keep his options open. That tells me that I don't trust the old bugger.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:17 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,266,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I agree with just about everything you've said here. I face a similar conundrum. I really like Huntsman the best, but I am supporting Romney.
I wouldn't mind seeing Huntsman move up. His record is more conservative than Romney's, at least on paper. And like Romney, he could probably beat Obama. That's an option I keep forgetting about.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0marvin0 View Post
Ron Paul is a man of honesty, intelligence, and principle. Something lacking in all the others.
Those attributes just don't win elections especially when the man with them talks like Paul about foreign policy. Actually they would work against him in that area of government. Yes, anyone with a brain would like those things about him and I certainly hope he doesn't turn out to be a liar about the third party thing.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
This is a problem why? I am all in favor of Paul running as an independent and doing just that
Sure you want to see independent Paul win the election for Obama. I sure as hell don't agree with you at all.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:29 PM

14,935 posts, read 13,324,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
This is a problem why? I am all in favor of Paul running as an independent and doing just that
With Jesse Ventura as his vice presidential running mate.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:35 AM

6,954 posts, read 4,420,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I would accept Rand Paul this time and anything his father does won't change my mind about him. However, I did hear Ron say today when asked if he would support someone else that he had to keep his options open. That tells me that I don't trust the old bugger.
Once again, who did Paul endorse in 08 ? Answer Chuck Baldwin. How did that work out for Chuck. Answer he mustered only 180,00 votes. What happened to the millions of Paul supporters? They stayed home,voted 3rd party or held their nose and voted for McCain.

Old 12-17-2011, 05:30 AM

1,706 posts, read 830,548 times
I dont think Paul will take Republican votes. If anything he will hurt Obama if he runs as an independent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections