Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 06:54 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,844,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I thought I said it like Paul was a liability. I guess sometimes I don't say what I want to say. Does the title of the thread intimate that I think Paul will cause Obama to be re-elected?
No Roy. But what you are saying, which I have said myself, is that if Paul does not get the nomination, which is likely, and his suuporters do not back another candidate from the GOP then Obama will win. Which is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 07:09 AM

4,058 posts, read 4,099,049 times
For the million and one time, we, Ron Paul supporters want real changes, not replacing Obama. We do not like to vote on lesser of two evils.

We, Ron Paul supporters actually love the country more than Political party. Maybe many of you should try that instead continually supporting the status quo.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:13 AM

674 posts, read 1,050,126 times
If the GOP is serious about winning the election - they know who to nominate.

If they chose not to, and Obama is indeed re-elected for his final term; then we can all share in the positive and negative aspects of his last four years, all with equal responsibility.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:23 AM

4,058 posts, read 4,099,049 times
If people want real change, then you know who to vote for - Ron Paul.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:44 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,802,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Yeah yeah we have seen/read/heard/ all of the "worship" and catch phrases..

[sarcasm]"blah blah Ron Paul is God"[/sarcasm]
I really hate it when people compare Ron Paul to God. He is good, but he is not Ron Paul.

Old 12-17-2011, 07:55 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,978,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Anybody here remember old Ross Perot? Old fool drew enough votes from Bob Dole to elect Clinton.

the man is Ron Paul and after hearing him talk about foreign policy the other night I fear him as president I heard him say today that he is keeping things open Will he actually make Obama the newly elected President?
Sorry Roy, but if history reminds me, Perot might have
won if he didn't drop out. I'd check those stats if I was
you. Both Clinton and Dole sighed relief when he
dropped out.

Paul might win Get over it.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:30 AM

1,332 posts, read 989,696 times
Personally I hope Ron Paul DOES run on a 3rd party ticket.....and here's why;

1. we need to get away from the idea that there are only democrats and republicans. The government we currently have needs to be re-vamped. It's no longer FOR THE PEOPLE...it's FOR THE POLITICIANS and whatever $$ they can line their pockets with.

Why should we limit ourselves to only 2 choices?? It is better for the PEOPLE to have another choice and, in a way...it puts the dumbass democrats and the equally stupid republicans on alert that WE ARE WATCHING. What it lets them know is that they need to represent US..the ones who voted them in...because there ARE other choices.

2. I think if Ron Paul were to run and got even 20% of the vote, it would put Washington on notice that they are no longer dealing with a herd of SHEEP who aren't paying attention and just blindly following along.

Not only that, but Ron Paul has some GREAT ideas, and the other 2 parties who seem to think that it will be business as usual....will HAVE to take notice that there is growing dissent amongst the electorate.

Following the constitution is not a bad thing. Limiting government and stopping them from taxing or regulating us to death is not a bad thing. Minding our own business in the world and taking care of HOME first is not a bad thing....and the rest of the nitwits running presidential campaigns need to pay attention to that.

I think Ron Paul would take from both parties....especially independents, and those who want a new direction and are sick and tired of the same old same old. I think Ron Paul as a thrid party candidate is GOOD FOR AMERICA, and I think he echoes the sentiment of MILLIONS of Americans. I may not agree with everything he has to say...but I DO trust him, and I DO believe he is not your average politico. He is a serious...sincere man, and all need to listen to what he has to say.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:48 AM

16,731 posts, read 8,096,984 times
The more people that get involved the better it will be for the people of this country. The 2010 election had very low turn out and you see what has happened. A third party would give more people the passion to get involed. The Repub. are trying to keep the turnout low so that is why a third party is being talked down by the GOP and there corporate allies.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:39 AM

51 posts, read 44,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No Roy. But what you are saying, which I have said myself, is that if Paul does not get the nomination, which is likely, and his suuporters do not back another candidate from the GOP then Obama will win. Which is true.
What a great argument for all republicans to vote for Ron Paul! Because it's him or Obama.

Many republicans maybe are prepared to sacrifice more wars and more deficits in order to get rid of Obama?

Old 12-17-2011, 09:57 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,385,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceInOurTime View Post
What a great argument for all republicans to vote for Ron Paul! Because it's him or Obama.

Many republicans maybe are prepared to sacrifice more wars and more deficits in order to get rid of Obama?
Romney has a much better chance of winning the general election than Ron Paul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections