U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2011, 12:22 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,401,098 times

Advertisements

I have been hoping for a sane turn around in the affairs of this country and in our government, and i had all but given up hope until i discovered Congressman Paul.

I will never give up hope completely, and i will continue to pray for our leaders and our nation, that Gods will be done in the lives of us all ... But this is my last vote. After this if Dr. Paul does not win the election i am done with politics for good. I will simply sit back and allow people to have their way and i will not struggle or fight against it, i will quietly and peacefully go off into the night and accept that this is Gods will with patience and long suffering.

I never believed that Christians should seek to have power in the world through politics, but i have seen what was happening in this nation and i felt like i had to at least try to work for positive change in this world for us all, but i am seeing that these efforts are seemingly more futile every day. And i don't want to be the next person they declare to be a terrorist because i represent freedom and liberty among a people who no longer care. Also, ever since i started back at supporting Dr. Paul and getting back into politics, i have only caused myself to remember how bad things are and it doesn't help my mental peace to continue to struggle for liberty when no one even wants it anymore. I believe in liberty, and i really want it for myself and my children, but if the masses want to give it up, then i will have to accept that and just hope that maybe they are right and maybe a BIG government with absolute power can be trusted this time - or maybe not.

God bless you America, and may he have mercy on us all ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvXgndQRzC0

Quote:
RING THEM BELLS!

Ring them bells, ye heathen
From the city that dreams
Ring them bells from the sanctuaries
’Cross the valleys and streams
For they’re deep and they’re wide
And the world’s on its side
And time is running backwards
And so is the bride
Ring them bells St. Peter
Where the four winds blow
Ring them bells with an iron hand
So the people will know
Oh it’s rush hour now
On the wheel and the plow
And the sun is going down
Upon the sacred cow
Ring them bells Sweet Martha
For the poor man’s son
Ring them bells so the world will know
That God is one
Oh the shepherd is asleep
Where the willows weep
And the mountains are filled
With lost sheep
Ring them bells for the blind and the deaf
Ring them bells for all of us who are left
Ring them bells for the chosen few
Who will judge the many when the game is through
Ring them bells, for the time that flies
For the child that cries
When innocence dies
Ring them bells St. Catherine
From the top of the room
Ring them from the fortress
For the lilies that bloom
Oh the lines are long
And the fighting is strong
And they’re breaking down the distance
Between right and wrong

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-17-2011 at 12:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2011, 02:31 PM

25,235 posts, read 14,045,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I have been hoping for a sane turn around in the affairs of this country and in our government, and i had all but given up hope until i discovered Congressman Paul.

I will never give up hope completely, and i will continue to pray for our leaders and our nation, that Gods will be done in the lives of us all ... But this is my last vote. After this if Dr. Paul does not win the election i am done with politics for good. I will simply sit back and allow people to have their way and i will not struggle or fight against it, i will quietly and peacefully go off into the night and accept that this is Gods will with patience and long suffering.

I never believed that Christians should seek to have power in the world through politics, but i have seen what was happening in this nation and i felt like i had to at least try to work for positive change in this world for us all, but i am seeing that these efforts are seemingly more futile every day. And i don't want to be the next person they declare to be a terrorist because i represent freedom and liberty among a people who no longer care. Also, ever since i started back at supporting Dr. Paul and getting back into politics, i have only caused myself to remember how bad things are and it doesn't help my mental peace to continue to struggle for liberty when no one even wants it anymore. I believe in liberty, and i really want it for myself and my children, but if the masses want to give it up, then i will have to accept that and just hope that maybe they are right and maybe a BIG government with absolute power can be trusted this time - or maybe not.

God bless you America, and may he have mercy on us all ...

Sufjan Stevens- "Ring them Bells" Music Video - YouTube
I disagree with your choice of candidates and heck I doubt we agree on much after this election. But, I also disagree with your giving up, the nation still needs people to make their voices heard, even if you do not win this time around. When you give up you take away the possibilty of others hearing your message and lessens the possibilty of it becoming an accepted choice. IMHO
Casper

Old 12-17-2011, 02:33 PM

731 posts, read 667,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I disagree with your choice of candidates and heck I doubt we agree on much after this election. But, I also disagree with your giving up, the nation still needs people to make their voices heard, even if you do not win this time around. When you give up you take away the possibilty of others hearing your message and lessens the possibilty of it becoming an accepted choice. IMHO
Casper
wow is that Casper trying to lift the spirits of a ron paul supporter?

Old 12-17-2011, 02:41 PM

25,235 posts, read 14,045,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
wow is that Casper trying to lift the spirits of a ron paul supporter?
While some may disagree, I understand we are still fellow Americans, and as an Independent, I want all American voices heard and then let my fellow Americans descide on wha they want. Why does that surprise you?

Old 12-17-2011, 04:20 PM

5,697 posts, read 5,455,845 times
Quote:
Casper
very well said!

Old 12-17-2011, 05:23 PM

22,713 posts, read 16,817,419 times
Quote:
Casper
Casper...this is one of the wisest things I've ever read from you. You are right, even if we don't agree in our vote, we do agree that you NEVER give up.

If you feel as strongly as you do about liberty and freedom, do NOT give up! Keep fighting, keep getting the message out, keep working! Sure, we may not see it in our life time but this country fought, hard, to get her freedoms and maintain them for so long...please, do not let their blood have been shed for nothing.

Keep fighting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or