U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 12:13 PM

4,835 posts, read 4,807,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Perhaps you would also then care to explain why veterans and active duty troops donate more money to Ron Paul than all other GOP candidates combined and even Obama? This was true in 2008 and this is true in 2012 too.

What I don't understand is the fact that people say his Foreign Policy is weak....

Actually it isn't. I lived in Brazil. They don't mess with the Middle East....and you don't see any leader in the ME saying he/she wants to bomb that country do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 12:25 PM

1,946 posts, read 1,538,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
What I don't understand is the fact that people say his Foreign Policy is weak....

Actually it isn't. I lived in Brazil. They don't mess with the Middle East....and you don't see any leader in the ME saying he/she wants to bomb that country do you?
The corrupt politicians, under the payroll of the elite and the military industrial complex, come up with false flag operations, propaganda and lies to scare the general population into thinking that they are under attack and then use that ruse to invade a country under the pretext of "national security" and "liberating the people". The military industrial complex sells more weapons and pockets the profits. Soldiers lose their lives, their families grieve and the people get loaded with the cost of the war. When the elite is forced to wind one war down, they plot to start another one. Can you remember any time in recent history when we were not at war or messing with the internal affairs of a sovereign country? The politicians *want* the wars, they *want* the "terrorists", they *want* the 9/11s, to keep their gravy train rolling. It's all about money, honey. Keep the people scared, pocket the profits, socialize the losses.

What is there not to understand?

Old 12-18-2011, 12:30 PM

58,053 posts, read 40,812,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I would vote for Paul over Obama. He's the only Republican I can say that about.

I might myself but given RP's age he'd have to have a pretty strong running mate too.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:38 PM

731 posts, read 665,236 times
Can someone who disagrees with Ron Paul's foreign policy actually put a legitimate argument on the table? In all my time here, I have yet to come across a real rebuttal from the 4 or 5 people on here that dont support ron paul. So come on, enlighten us please. Thanks

Old 12-18-2011, 01:09 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,291,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
Can someone who disagrees with Ron Paul's foreign policy actually put a legitimate argument on the table? In all my time here, I have yet to come across a real rebuttal from the 4 or 5 people on here that dont support ron paul. So come on, enlighten us please. Thanks
Diplomacy with terrorists has never worked, and RP's insistence that if we just use diplomacy when dealing with terrorists is dangerous nonsense. It's that simple. He's naive and doesn't understand that Islamofascism is 1) a threat and 2) it won't go away no matter how nice we are to Islamofascists. The only way to deal with terrorists is to find them and kill them. Paul doesn't get it and he never will because he's too old and rigid to admit he's wrong.

Old 12-18-2011, 01:15 PM

1,946 posts, read 1,538,017 times
Quote:
Perhaps you would also then care to explain why veterans and active duty troops donate more money to Ron Paul than all other GOP candidates combined and even Obama? This was true in 2008 and this is true in 2012 too.
Trace21230, do you want to answer this question and enlighten us?

Old 12-18-2011, 01:49 PM

731 posts, read 665,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Diplomacy with terrorists has never worked, and RP's insistence that if we just use diplomacy when dealing with terrorists is dangerous nonsense. It's that simple. He's naive and doesn't understand that Islamofascism is 1) a threat and 2) it won't go away no matter how nice we are to Islamofascists. The only way to deal with terrorists is to find them and kill them. Paul doesn't get it and he never will because he's too old and rigid to admit he's wrong.
This a very dangerous belief. I always make the argument (and it can relate to any area of disagreement) that if you don't understand the history that led to the problem, then you shouldn't be providing solutions.

Old 12-18-2011, 02:26 PM

4,835 posts, read 4,807,804 times
Quote:
Trace21230, do you want to answer this question and enlighten us?

War, War Veterans, History & USA Foreign Policy - YouTube

Old 12-18-2011, 08:09 PM

22,562 posts, read 16,717,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I'm a veteran and RP's foreign policy stances are idiotic, dangerous and short-sighted.
I am also a veteran and I think his foreign policy is the right policy to have.

All it takes is a look at history to realize that us tromping all over the world TELLING other countries what to do, paying off this one to spite that one only to spite the first one years later, assassinating leaders to get WORSE leaders put in place, millions of people killed, (we talk about what happened in WWII with 6 million Jews...what the hell did we do in Vietnam with 4 million of their citizens), and then acting like it's to protect Israel or ourselves is to realize it's all been one, big, fat LIE by our government.

If having us stomp around the world dictating to other countries in the name of "peace" was working, why have we been attacked? We were attacked on 9/11. We had soldiers attacked overseas. We've had contractors attacked overseas. Planes have been blown up out of the sky or hijacked. We've had journalists beheaded. It goes on.

You think that defines success? Do you truly believe that defines success?

If you are to tell me that we HAVE to do this to protect ourselves, then why in the hell have all of those people died if this works so damn well?

It doesn't work!

But that's ok. You all go ahead and vote for yet another war monger. Go ahead and get us in to more wars.

And then, when our money runs out and we CAN'T mess with other countries, after we get our asses kicked, whomever is left over will get to see how things STOP BEING SUCH CRAP when we don't have the money to do it anymore.

And then you'll see we were right.

Of course, by then, because we will be so down and out militarily AND economically, we won't be able to defend ourselves at all.

You think it's all b.s. and would never happen, I'm pretty darn sure you think that way. Just like the other ostriches. The fact is, it can happen and if we continue like this, it WILL happen.

Apparently people with the intelligence, (the CIA), know less than you do.

This is like some bully kid going over to the next block and beating the snot out of some other kid because that other kid MIGHT get strong and come and beat up the bully kid one day. It's a load of crap and nobody likes a bully!

Bullies get their asses handed to them, eventually.

Old 12-18-2011, 08:11 PM

22,562 posts, read 16,717,234 times
Quote:
The corrupt politicians, under the payroll of the elite and the military industrial complex, come up with false flag operations, propaganda and lies to scare the general population into thinking that they are under attack and then use that ruse to invade a country under the pretext of "national security" and "liberating the people". The military industrial complex sells more weapons and pockets the profits. Soldiers lose their lives, their families grieve and the people get loaded with the cost of the war. When the elite is forced to wind one war down, they plot to start another one. Can you remember any time in recent history when we were not at war or messing with the internal affairs of a sovereign country? The politicians *want* the wars, they *want* the "terrorists", they *want* the 9/11s, to keep their gravy train rolling. It's all about money, honey. Keep the people scared, pocket the profits, socialize the losses.

What is there not to understand?
My economics teacher in high school stated, (and I'm paraphrasing), that war was good for some in the economy and that this country would go to war every 20 years to boost those in this economy who it would benefit.

Looks like he was just about right on his timeline.

He also proceeded to inform us how to survive if shtf and what would be necessary, what would be great barter items, things that are good to invest in, things that would not be good to invest in, etc.

I still have that notebook from high school. Sounds like it wouldn't be much because it was a high school class...the fact is, it's better than what I see from most in the "adult" world of economics, war and preparation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or