U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 09:18 AM

58,064 posts, read 40,832,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Yes, both Ahmadinajad and Hamas in Gaza have pledged to wipe Israel off the map. Good thing Israel is well armed and well trained. The US policies in the ME have only made Israel's neighbors more hostile agaist her, not less. Time for the US to allow Israel to do what it needs to for its own survival instead of injecting ourself into her affairs again. How much damage has Obama cause Israel by his administrations' meddling in the ME alone?
Scarily, I agree with you, it's time the US stop meddling in the ME and let the chips fall where they may.

Quote:
The Muslim Brotherhood now controls Egypt. Winning!
So, democracy is a bad thing when it doesn't suit your vision of the world?

Quote:
Bachmann is an evangelical version of Lady MacBeth (a.k.a. Hillary Clinton).
Reason enough not to vote for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 10:10 AM

371 posts, read 983,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
During her stop in Estherville, Iowa, Bachmann responded to Ron Paul's accusation on the Jay Leno show last night that she "hates Muslims."

"I don't hate Muslims," Bachman said. "I love the American people. And as president of United States, my goal would be to keep the American people safe, free and sovereign."

"The haters are the president of Iran," she said. "He stated unequivocally that given a nuclear weapons he will use that weapon to wipe Israel off the map, and he's willing to use it against the United States of America."

Michele Bachmann Calls President Of Iran A 'Hater'

LOL

Yes, sending troops to go die in Iran is going to make us safe over here....

I wonder which one of her 20+ foster children she is willing to send to Iran?

Lemme guess... NONE?

Warmongers: we want war but we want YOU to do the dirty work for us!
What Ahmadinajad says means nothing. If they had weapons, it would be Ayatollah Ali Khamenei's call to "wipe anybody out". Ahmadinajad can't even wipe, well you know what, without approval of the Guardian Council. Bachmann's statements lead me to the conclusions:

1. Bachmann has no knowledge of the Iranian political power structure.

and/or

2. She is counting on our lack of said knowledge.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:17 AM

4,835 posts, read 4,808,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undfan View Post
What Ahmadinajad says means nothing. If they had weapons, it would be Ayatollah Ali Khamenei's call to "wipe anybody out". Ahmadinajad can't even wipe, well you know what, without approval of the Guardian Council. Bachmann's statements lead me to the conclusions:

1. Bachmann has no knowledge of the Iranian political power structure.

and/or

2. She is counting on our lack of said knowledge.
I believe it is 1 and 2.

That is why people need to educate themselves on the issue.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:19 AM

674 posts, read 907,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

"I don't hate Muslims," Bachman said. "I love the American people. And as president of United States, my goal would be to keep the American people safe, free and sovereign."
Translation: And as president of the United States, I would be willing to go to war with Iran despite the fact that they pose no threat to either of those three goals.

It's also funny to hear an evangelical politician comment on keeping America "free" when she's actually very opposed to the concept of freedom. Especially concerning citizens that she views as second class; the gays.

Iran and Homosexuality: Threatening safety, sovereignty and peace in America since 2011.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:39 AM

22,581 posts, read 16,725,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
"The haters are the president of Iran"?

"Hater?" How old is she, 14?

Politics has now officially reached Middle School/MTV/Top 40 Pop status.
Right? I don't want a potential POTUS to be speaking teen speak.

"Ya'll are haters!"

In that debate, she also went on about how she was pro-life from "conception to natural death".

What is natural about dying in an unjust war? Pro life my arse.

Old 12-18-2011, 12:46 PM

995 posts, read 904,135 times
I can only imagine Ahmadinejad's morning routine being brightened by the amusingly stupid American woman calling him a hater.

Is this elementary school thinking...name-calling? I'm sure the world would take her seriously, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections