Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 08:23 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times

Advertisements

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama

Washington Post-ABC News Poll (washingtonpost.com)

This is the same poll that the libs on the forum are excited about because it also indicates a higher approval rating for Obama.

I guess some people are incapable of looking at polls in their entirety, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 08:45 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

This is the same poll that the libs on the forum are excited about because it also indicates a higher approval rating for Obama.

According to that link, Obama is up 1.7.

I guess some people are incapable of looking at websites in their entirety, eh?

Old 12-20-2011, 08:49 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,457,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
According to that link, Obama is up 1.7.

I guess some people are incapable of looking at websites in their entirety, eh?
I guess some people are incapable of distinguishing between a single poll and the average of all polls, eh?

I posted the RCP link for anyone who didn't want to sift through all the info from the Post.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:54 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
When the RCP average has Romney up, we'll talk. But hey, it's not like Romney isn't the most appealing (on the surface) and conventionally electable Republican in the race. When he gets the nomination, as I expect he eventually will, it'll be a hard campaign.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:06 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
I listened to Eric Erikson of RedState today, he was a fill in host for Neal Boortz on WSB Atlanta. He seems to be very knowledgable about the ins & outs of the primaries. He argues that Romney would be a bad candidate because it would be too easy for Obama to beat him up on the basis of flip-flopping. Plus the fact that he was an investment guy who made money while people lost jobs, not an ilk held in high regard right now by many Americans.

Erikson also says that he likes Huntsman, but that Huntsman has a terrible campaign manager--the same manager McCain had in 2007. Remember that McCain was struggling. He fired that guy and after that was when his campaign took off. Erikson says he'll be back filling in tomorrow. Well worth a listen--you can listen to WSB via tunein.com. It was on today 7-am 10am (pacific) which I think would be 10-1 Eastern, and they replay it late at night

Old 12-20-2011, 11:28 AM

2,093 posts, read 4,697,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I listened to Eric Erikson of RedState today, he was a fill in host for Neal Boortz on WSB Atlanta. He seems to be very knowledgable about the ins & outs of the primaries. He argues that Romney would be a bad candidate because it would be too easy for Obama to beat him up on the basis of flip-flopping. Plus the fact that he was an investment guy who made money while people lost jobs, not an ilk held in high regard right now by many Americans.

Erikson also says that he likes Huntsman, but that Huntsman has a terrible campaign manager--the same manager McCain had in 2007. Remember that McCain was struggling. He fired that guy and after that was when his campaign took off. Erikson says he'll be back filling in tomorrow. Well worth a listen--you can listen to WSB via tunein.com. It was on today 7-am 10am (pacific) which I think would be 10-1 Eastern, and they replay it late at night

This is very interesting to read, thank you for your input.

What is very telling about the Huntman campaign explains a lot why Huntsman isn't getting the recognition he deserves. Until this point, I was baffled at the other crazy GOP candidates having higher poll numbers.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:40 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Eric Erikson is an idiot. He is also a bigot and a good example of what is wrong with the Republican party. He would never support someone like Huntsman either. He is just saying that to try to legitamize himself and his hatred of Mitt Romney. It's one of his ploys.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:50 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Erikson said that Huntsman is using the same mgr that McCain had, who has pursued the same strategy with Huntsman as he did early in the McCain run. Namely go on shows like the View, the Daily Show, etc, and diss the conservative right as much as possible. No doubt this explains why Huntsman gets so much love from lefty posters who call him 'reasonable.' Even though Huntsman's positions are actually fairly conservative. Needless to say this strategy doesn't work when you're trying to get thru the R primaries.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:03 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,442,995 times
Romney is gonna get clobbered. Carter was leading Reagan by 30%+ at this time in the 1980 election

Old 12-20-2011, 12:09 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post

Same poll had bush about 1.7 up on kerryremember how that turned out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections