U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 08:40 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,383,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I really like this video...

No wonder they want to take Ron Paul down.

Obama Signs NDAA Martial Law - YouTube

Yeah that is powerful stuff, i don't see how anyone can deny it anymore, it is so in our faces, and people just pretend like it isn't happening, or that it is necessary for our safety, and that is exactly the kind of thinking that started the third Reich ... You would think our older voters would realize that we were just fighting people in Germany for the same things we are doing now. And you would think especially the Jews would see this as a bad sign ... I guess they might think that they are not the target this time so it might not matter to them, but they would be very wrong.

How many of our fathers and grandfathers and uncles and brothers died to defend America and the world against this kind of Government? What is going on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 06:16 AM

15,908 posts, read 10,041,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Yeah that is powerful stuff, i don't see how anyone can deny it anymore, it is so in our faces, and people just pretend like it isn't happening, or that it is necessary for our safety, and that is exactly the kind of thinking that started the third Reich ... You would think our older voters would realize that we were just fighting people in Germany for the same things we are doing now. And you would think especially the Jews would see this as a bad sign ... I guess they might think that they are not the target this time so it might not matter to them, but they would be very wrong.

How many of our fathers and grandfathers and uncles and brothers died to defend America and the world against this kind of Government? What is going on?

We're becoming the very thing that we fought against.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:08 AM

71,671 posts, read 83,230,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
I doubt you know anything about Ron Paul's platform. He is a fiscal conservative, but a social libertarian. The fact that my family saw through the lies perpetuated by the media and began to actually research candidates (which led them to Paul) says something that IS necessarily good.

Everyone who supports Ron Paul, shout it from the rooftops! Donate a small amount of money to his campaign! He will accept a salary of less than $40,000 if he becomes president, a man of virtue and change! Keep up the momentum guys, don't let the usual suspects and the brain dead Obamazombies and Neocons discourage you. This is the time for a true revolution in this country. Let their anger and frustration fuel the fire, the powers that be, bankers, and the leeches of society are lamenting his meteoric rise.
I am very much aware of his platform, yes, I know he is a fiscal conservative and yes, I know he is socially a liberal, that is what makes him a libertarian. This has nothing to do with my remarks, constantly posting the above on here will not change many minds, if any. Remember people here are pretty much political junkies, most voters are not or are too busy making a living to spend hours on the computer each day. In fact I wonder what many of your bosses would say if they knew how you are spending your work hours?

Nita

Old 12-23-2011, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Last I heard, you had not decided who to support. Do you have something you'd like to share with us now, or are you still waiting to see which way the wind blows?
and I still haven't for sure. My heart is one place, my brain another.

Nita

Old 12-23-2011, 08:13 AM

9,014 posts, read 8,275,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I really like this video...

No wonder they want to take Ron Paul down.

Obama Signs NDAA Martial Law - YouTube
This is pretty disturbing stuff. If more people knew what's really going on maybe we'd be able to change this. But from what I see, where I am, people are content doing nothing. Sitting at home, watching hours of tv, playing video games, sitting on the internet. And this is what's happening as they sedate themselves with those mind numbing habits. We are being robbed of our freedoms. And the majority is ok with that

Old 12-23-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
That should scare you if you do not want Dr. Paul because it shows how popular his ideas are to thinking people who are not hampered by a false sense of loyalty to any political party.

Dr. Paul goes far beyond party lines, because he represent real American values and sensibilities that most politicians seem to have forgotten about, and in a time when it seems that nearly everyone in Washington is hell bent on selling we the people of this nation out.
Why does being a constitutionalists make no sense to you as a legitimate democratic position? Is it that you believe and admit that BIG government is contrary to the constitution?

Isn't it obvious that the fed. Government, like some giant parasite that has overgrown its host and thus jeopardizes it own existence, is not TOO BIG TO FAIL if we allow them to continue to do what they are doing up there in Washington?

It makes perfect sense, to people who have any sense.
Here's a couple of posts from some new members that prove you are wrong about that. You obviously do not realize or appreciate how powerful the internet is as a tool for change, and that is another thing that many people still haven't figured out that Dr. Paul has ...

From: Is it just a coincidence that the Paul supporters on here are mostly new to C-D ?
Being a strong constituionalist is not what most liberals stand for. You know this and so do most of us. Yes, there may be a few who change their midns from reading our comments on City Data, but they are few and far between.
And btw, thanks for sharing with us, people with any sense would back Paul. Last I heard there are people with sense that back various candidates or are you saying those who do not think the way you do are idiots?

Nita

Old 12-23-2011, 08:17 AM

10,588 posts, read 10,727,945 times
Being a Canadian - I don't know a lot about Paul - but what I sense is that this man understands that reality is a must if the empire of America is to survive - You can only sustain a fraud for so long and then the house of cards comes tumbling down - what I see is that the American empire is heavliy dependant on deception to maintain the current status quo...reality and truth - will always trump corruption - it just takes time - Of course Paul is a threat...much like Jesus was a threat to the Roman empire..because he demanded real freedom and dignity for the populace..and I sense that Paul understands that America is a liar and a liar eventually falls and is revealed - Paul wants the old fashion return to FREEDOM - JUSTICE - and the re-taking of the moral high ground that was lost the moment - Cheney stated that torture was ecceptable..that was the downward turning point for America - that barbarism and the tossing away of rule of law became a trend...Paul is probably your only hope...BUT they will destroy him..because truth - is a dangerous thing to those that maintain power through deception.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:19 AM

10,588 posts, read 10,727,945 times
Crooks will lead you to ruin - that is the natural effect in the long run - You can lie to the people most of the time but not forever - you run out of illusions..and reality always kicks in - It is a matter of time - Paul will do well no matter what - If elected or not - you will have a new spirit that will slowly desolve those that think they are entitled to keep power and wealth forever by any means...good luck and Merry Christmas.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:36 AM

10,478 posts, read 6,171,294 times
Interesting that, on the NDAA, Ron Paul and Al Franken are in agreement. Strange bedfellows.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:36 AM

6,868 posts, read 3,929,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am very much aware of his platform, yes, I know he is a fiscal conservative and yes, I know he is socially a liberal, that is what makes him a libertarian. This has nothing to do with my remarks, constantly posting the above on here will not change many minds, if any. Remember people here are pretty much political junkies, most voters are not or are too busy making a living to spend hours on the computer each day. In fact I wonder what many of your bosses would say if they knew how you are spending your work hours?

Nita
You have no clue, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or