Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 08:24 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,349,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
After Dubya's bailout bonanza at the end of his term and Romney's flip flop record, I'm firmly of the opinion that these key people have pinched their noses for far too long. My God, they are talking about voting Obama or even campaigning for him just to preserve their rights vis-a-vis gridlock.
That would be short-sighted, at best...more appropriate label would be ignorant.

Gridlock will NOT stop the provisions of Obamacare from being instituted.

Last edited by capitalcityguy; 12-21-2011 at 08:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 08:25 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Okay, so we're generally on the same page for who we support. Was beginning to wonder if you were an Obama support here just to take shots at the GOP candidates -- but those sorts of folks aren't particularly clever about it, so I apologize for thinking that.

But why Perry??? Granted he's 4th, but I don't think Rick Perry even knows what Rick Perry really and truly stands for ... if he really stands for anything. He does stand for "I'm a Christian and I'm not afraid to admit it." Not sure what the point of that is.

It is worrisome that Johnson might prove to be a spoiler, and I hope you are right that he siphons more votes away from Obama than the GOP nominee. But will Johnson even run if Paul gets the GOP nomination?

Truth be told, I'll even take that jackass Newt over another 4 years Obama's borrow-borrow-borrow-spend-spend-spend economics. Nothing could be more destructive to our future as a nation.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:28 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
That would be short-sighted, at best...more appropriate label would be ignorant.

Gridlock will NOT stop the provisions of Obamacare from being instituted.
Neither will Romney. "Keep the good and repeal the bad" as he says. How nice of him.

Romney on Obamacare: "Repeal the Bad and Keep the Good" - Ricochet.com

Old 12-21-2011, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Okay, so we're generally on the same page for who we support. Was beginning to wonder if you were an Obama support here just to take shots at the GOP candidates -- but those sorts of folks aren't particularly clever about it, so I apologize for thinking that.

But why Perry??? Granted he's 4th, but I don't think Rick Perry even knows what Rick Perry really and truly stands for ... if he really stands for anything. He does stand for "I'm a Christian and I'm not afraid to admit it." Not sure what the point of that is.

It is worrisome that Johnson might prove to be a spoiler, and I hope you are right that he siphons more votes away from Obama than the GOP nominee. But will Johnson even run if Paul gets the GOP nomination?

Truth be told, I'll even take that jackass Newt over another 4 years Obama's borrow-borrow-borrow-spend-spend-spend economics. Nothing could be more destructive to our future as a nation.
He's a distant 4th, sorry for not indicating that. Perhaps I'd like Bachmann more, I dunno. I don't look too much when I'm scouring the bottom of the barrel.

As for Mittens, if he wins he will likely be uncontested in 2016. That is unacceptable to me, because a neo-progressive alternative would be the only way out of a Romney win.

Chess, not checkers.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Keep in mind these are Perry and Bachmann fans, not just Paul fans who will take their ball and go home. They feel that keeping Obama in office will frustrate him and the anti-gun crowd. Putting Romney as the nominee will turn off conservatives and libertarians alike, even to the point where conservatives will opt to keep Obama in office to maintain gridlock and prevent another 2004-2008 GWB episode. This dynamic plus Gary Johnson (a sort of Ron Paul clone) running 3rd party would likely be enough to keep Obama in office. This thread is related to whether people believe a Romney win will bring on another gun buying frenzy like the one Obama's win initiated. Nominate Mittens at your own peril, ladies and gents.

"No, because I will do all I can to keep Obama in office.". That coming from a conservative is all you need to know as to why Romney is a bad bad choice as nominee.

If Romney wins the Republican nomination will it trigger another gun/ammo buying spree? - AR15.COM
Don't you mean WHEN Romney gets the nomination.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:37 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,324 times
If newt, mitt, and or Obama win its all over. If newt or mitt win the nomination the full on civil war of the republican party will be in full swing.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Don't you mean WHEN Romney gets the nomination.
Meh, Dems need a white version of Obama as a backup in the unlikely event Obama loses.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
After Dubya's bailout bonanza at the end of his term and Romney's flip flop record, I'm firmly of the opinion that these key people have pinched their noses for far too long. My God, they are talking about voting Obama or even campaigning for him just to preserve their rights vis-a-vis gridlock.
you can't be serious!!!! No right winger is going to campaign for Obama. Can you give us an example of some that are talking about campaigning for him? Of course you can't.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you can't be serious!!!! No right winger is going to campaign for Obama. Can you give us an example of some that are talking about campaigning for him? Of course you can't.
"I would do everything in my power to make sure Obama gets re-elected". That coming from a verified pro-Perry gun nut, should Mittens get the nod of course. "everything in my power" sure sounds like a serious threat to me.

I'm a Republican who has campaigned for Dean (had to pretend I was liberal but that's ok) just to get some liberal tail. We all have our motives.

Anyway, even if it was scaled back to just voting for Obama...it's not even a protest vote for a 3rd party. It's like 2 votes against the Republican establishment. 1 to not vote for him, and 1 to vote for his opponent. I'm in a swing state and based on what Mittens says in the general I'm going to really consider this idea if Romney supports C&T or utters one anti-gun comment. If that happened, I would assume that he values moderate votes more than a conservative's and he never earned my support.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:57 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,315 times
romney is the same guy who praised obamas stimulus (you can find that anywhere).

free republic, a conservative forum has blocked all romney supporters.

ive said it again and again, the conservative base wont vote for him. theyll stay home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections