U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 05:59 AM

20,017 posts, read 15,679,243 times

Advertisements

Keep in mind these are Perry and Bachmann fans, not just Paul fans who will take their ball and go home. They feel that keeping Obama in office will frustrate him and the anti-gun crowd. Putting Romney as the nominee will turn off conservatives and libertarians alike, even to the point where conservatives will opt to keep Obama in office to maintain gridlock and prevent another 2004-2008 GWB episode. This dynamic plus Gary Johnson (a sort of Ron Paul clone) running 3rd party would likely be enough to keep Obama in office. This thread is related to whether people believe a Romney win will bring on another gun buying frenzy like the one Obama's win initiated. Nominate Mittens at your own peril, ladies and gents.

"No, because I will do all I can to keep Obama in office.". That coming from a conservative is all you need to know as to why Romney is a bad bad choice as nominee.

If Romney wins the Republican nomination will it trigger another gun/ammo buying spree? - AR15.COM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 07:53 AM

8,006 posts, read 4,174,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Keep in mind these are Perry and Bachmann fans, not just Paul fans who will take their ball and go home. They feel that keeping Obama in office will frustrate him and the anti-gun crowd. Putting Romney as the nominee will turn off conservatives and libertarians alike, even to the point where conservatives will opt to keep Obama in office to maintain gridlock and prevent another 2004-2008 GWB episode. This dynamic plus Gary Johnson (a sort of Ron Paul clone) running 3rd party would likely be enough to keep Obama in office. This thread is related to whether people believe a Romney win will bring on another gun buying frenzy like the one Obama's win initiated. Nominate Mittens at your own peril, ladies and gents.

"No, because I will do all I can to keep Obama in office.". That coming from a conservative is all you need to know as to why Romney is a bad bad choice as nominee.

If Romney wins the Republican nomination will it trigger another gun/ammo buying spree? - AR15.COM
The numbers say you're wrong. RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

Head to head, Romney is already giving Obama a very close run for his money -- and that's something no other GOP candidate can claim. Nobody is even close to equaling Romney head-to-head vs Obama -- though I'm hoping Ron Paul gets there.

I really can't puzzle out all the "Romney the RINO" talk. Why is this accusation NEVER leveled at Rick Perry?? The man has quite literally changed from Democrat to Republican and back again -- quite happily buying the entire party line each time -- all based upon which party gave him the best chance at winning the position he was targeting next. If the "Republican in Name Only" stereotype fits ANYONE it fits Rick Perry like a glove. And everyone else has had their own betrayals of pure conservatism.

I'll forego pulling the religious bigotry card here if somebody can explain the massive over-reporting of Romney's "sins" against the Republican Party vs the massive under-reporting of all the other candidates doing as bad or worse than Romney.

If you wanted unfailing consistency in voting on the issues, then everyone should be voting for Ron Paul -- but he is also demonized and hated on.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:55 AM

14,969 posts, read 14,171,767 times
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/p...al_1220925.pdf

According to this poll, 88% of Republicans are committed to voting for Romney.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 12-21-2011 at 08:20 AM..

Old 12-21-2011, 07:58 AM

66,121 posts, read 33,555,721 times
Quote:

Romney is a RINO. Perry and Bachmann are Fascist Neocon Lite. They all support crony capitalism.

Paul is the only Constitutionalist, for individual freedom and liberty.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:05 AM

I'm not saying Romney's nomination will siphon a TON of votes, just saying it will be enough with the inclusion of Johnson as 3rd party to influence the delicate swing states.

Oh, and as for Romney and RINO.

Romney answers question about carbon cap & trade - YouTube

Cap and Trade...all you need to know about Romney. I didn't even touch on the Mormon thing, though I think it will play a lesser role.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:10 AM

8,006 posts, read 4,174,670 times
I'm smelling ulterior motives here. Like you're trying to sabotage Mitt for some reason, but that reason does not seem to be that you think he's vastly worse than everyone else. What are you up to?

Who do you want to win the election in 2012?

Here's my top three choices in order:
1.) Ron Paul
2.) John Huntsman
3.) Mitt Romney

Yours?

PS: A 15 second clip youtube video that leaves out the majority of Romney's answer isn't very compelling.

Romney and Huntsman are an interesting development in GOP policy. Both are willing to admit that humans might just be having an impact on the environment. Since I'm neither Republican nor Democrat, this does not strike me as a betrayal. It strikes me as waking up and not sticking your head in the sand anymore.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I'm smelling ulterior motives here. Like you're trying to sabotage Mitt for some reason, but that reason does not seem to be that you think he's vastly worse than everyone else. What are you up to?
Enough of the tinfoilhattery.

Quote:
Who do you want to win the election in 2012?
I want to maximize frustration for neo-progressives and Obamatrons. If that means gridlock and Sun Tzu'ing Obama with a 2nd term and a genuine chance at a conservavtive in 2016, I'm all for that.

Quote:
Here's my top three choices in order:
1.) Ron Paul
2.) John Huntsman
3.) Mitt Romney

Yours?
1) Johnson
2) Paul
3) Huntsman
4) Perry
5) Bachmann

I support Paul however as he is the most electable and would genuinely steal a massive quantity of progressive votes from Obama, and what's even better is that neo-progressives convince themselves this dyanmic isn't possible. Makes the process of vote stealing even easier. I'm thankful for Ron Paul's useful idiot, Jon Stewart, for promoting his name even more not knowing that once the genie is out of the bottle, no amount of "racist newsletters" will matter.

To say in any way shape or form that you support Cap and Trade automatically disqualifies you as a conservative.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:18 AM

71,663 posts, read 83,230,487 times
Quote:

I only partially agree with you: I do not think many conservatives will stay home on election day, it isn't the Republican way regardless. What you will see is: many who will vote but not generally support Romney, sorta like we saw in 2008. I don't think Johnson will have much impact, most of those who would support him are the same as the Paul people and they have already claimed they will take their toys and go home.

Nita

Old 12-21-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I only partially agree with you: I do not think many conservatives will stay home on election day, it isn't the Republican way regardless. What you will see is: many who will vote but not generally support Romney, sorta like we saw in 2008. I don't think Johnson will have much impact, most of those who would support him are the same as the Paul people and they have already claimed they will take their toys and go home.

Nita
After Dubya's bailout bonanza at the end of his term and Romney's flip flop record, I'm firmly of the opinion that these key people have pinched their noses for far too long. My God, they are talking about voting Obama or even campaigning for him just to preserve their rights vis-a-vis gridlock.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:21 AM

66,121 posts, read 33,555,721 times
Quote:

To say in any way shape or form that you support Cap and Trade automatically disqualifies you as a conservative.

No sheet!

Automatically, on the spot!
You're FIRED!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or