Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 11:20 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,559,699 times

Advertisements

I love how Ron Paul supporters make excuses for number 4.

I suppose they get a lot of practice when they make excuses for him in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 01:04 PM

504 posts, read 1,270,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I think if Obama tried to play Ron Paul that way - you would see the blowback that has been building against such kinds of campaigns. Ron Paul represents more than just his views. He is genuinely a nice guy. He is Mr. Smith who went to Washington. If such a campaign was successfull against him, then there is no hope for us as a country.
So, any hope for our country is dependent on our willingness to elect "nice guys" regardless of their views?

Old 12-21-2011, 01:16 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_chalk View Post
So, any hope for our country is dependent on our willingness to elect "nice guys" regardless of their views?
That is not what I said. I said that if we elect people that do that to nice people then we will have been lost - and rightfully so. Hit him on the real stuff, but don't make crap up to take someone down. The fact that too many of us do that does not speak well of us.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:18 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post

No excuses for #4 needed because you don't have anything. He took responsibility for it because the person worked for him, but he didn't write it and it doesn't reflect his views (as he stated). He has volumes of work and speeches to prove that this letter doesn't jive. You know this, but you don't care because it doesn't suit your purposes to. You are what is wrong with politics.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:26 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times
Thanks to Obama, people are so sick of the race card they won't care about some old newsletters. In fact, some people may secretly agree with it and even vote for RP because of them. Since the n word was never used nor were there any references to watermelons, grape soda or monkeys, only the most thin skinned progressive would care and fortunately they don't exist among the likely voters. I do enjoy watching so-called conservative talk show hosts try to use the race card. It really discredits them and makes them look like Obama supporters.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:32 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Quote:

The only ones making exucuses are Obama voters.

I suspect you have a real problem with the way Dr. Paul brings attention to the way the war on drugs has destroyed families, especially in the African American communities, don't you? Yeah, Obama's addresses incarceration rates of blacks how often? Oh wait, he might since it is a campaign year.

Old 12-21-2011, 01:37 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,370,923 times
Quote:

So like I asked on another thread, who is the person that "people who are swayed by logic and reason" support?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections