U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 11:07 AM

12,639 posts, read 7,319,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Most people already know that Ron Paul refused to endorse John McCain in the 2008 general election. While I donít necessarily agree with that decision, especially from a contender for the GOP nominee, I can certainly understand it. Lord knows I hated every nice thing I had to say about John McCain and wasnít entirely pleased about pulling the lever for him (which is a dramatic understatement). Most people assume that Paul endorsed Libertarian candidate Bob Barr in 2008, which is partially true. However, that is not the entire story. Paul also endorsed three other candidates.

The first of those was Chuck Baldwin. I donít really know a lot about Baldwin except that he has been on record early and often in support of the proposition that the South should have won the Civil War. This sort of thing would ordinarily disqualify most normal people from endorsing Chuck Baldwin, but Ron Paul is not most normal people. And given what most Ron Paul supporters seem willing to forgive, a little Confederate sympathy (or even a lot of Confederate sympathy) seems like small potatoes.
Link: Ron Paul Hates Republicans and Everything They Stand For | RedState

Great article.

How any conservative or any Republican could support Ron Paul is a mystery to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 11:11 AM

29,988 posts, read 37,229,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Great article.

How any conservative or any Republican could support Ron Paul is a mystery to me.
That is because you have no concept of Constitutional Conservatism and what it means. You are in good company because most of the GOP doesn't understand Conservatism either.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:12 AM

20,017 posts, read 15,733,153 times
You're right. When Mittens is elected, I will purchase carbon credits, surrender my assault rifles, agree to further TSA molestation, and let him keep "the good parts of Obamacare". Now that's GOP conservatism!

Old 12-21-2011, 11:24 AM

22,760 posts, read 16,841,238 times
If what I'm seeing out of my party is what constitutes Republicans these days, then who needs 'em?

I'm leaving the Republican party after this is done if they don't get it right by voting for Paul. I will switch to Independent and the Republican party can pound sand until they pull their heads out of their asses.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:25 AM

20,017 posts, read 15,733,153 times
I'll campaign for Gary Johnson in my swing state of NC, among a moderate and fickle Wake County population also with a high concentration of Republican minded libertarians (we had a Paul approved libertarian finish strongly in the 4th district against an intractable opponent)

Play with the bull, you get the horns and all that.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:48 AM

4,835 posts, read 4,823,931 times
Perhaps people need to learn what the Republican Party USED to stand for. Educate yourself on that and while you are at it, do some reading on Robert A. Taft.

Sometimes educating yourself before running your mouth keeps you from looking like a fool...

Old 12-21-2011, 11:51 AM

5,560 posts, read 4,978,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
If what I'm seeing out of my party is what constitutes Republicans these days, then who needs 'em?

I'm leaving the Republican party after this is done if they don't get it right by voting for Paul. I will switch to Independent and the Republican party can pound sand until they pull their heads out of their asses.

Here Here!!

Old 12-21-2011, 11:56 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,064,330 times
The Republican Party hates Ron Paul, libertarianism, and everything small government libertarians stand for.

Why any Ron Paul supporter, believer in small government, or libertarian would belong to the Republican Party is a mystery to me.

Ron Paul = third party candidate run in 2012!

Old 12-21-2011, 12:00 PM

1,946 posts, read 1,541,987 times
Ron Paul stands for traditional Republican values, not the warmongering, gay-bashing, Muslim-bashing, big government neo-conservative maniacs that infest the party now. If you didn't know your history, you might think that Ron Paul is completely out of place in the GOP, but if you did, you will know that it was the GOP who lost its way, while Paul stayed true to the original values.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:26 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,319,915 times
Obviously not one of Ron Paul's supporters commenting on this thread bothered to read the article.

Yeah, endorsing Baldwin, McKinney, etc. is sooooo "Constitutional". LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or