U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 02:07 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,866,306 times

Advertisements

Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann appeared on Fox News’ “Fox & Friends” this morning, where she confirmed that Evangelical leader Bob Vander Plaats, president of The Family Leader, called her over the weekend to discuss the future of her candidacy.
Based on Bachmann’s words, it appears that the reported discussion about her potentially dropping out of the race was accurate. In addition to allegedly asking the congresswoman to drop her presidential bid, Vander Plaats also purportedly asked her to get behind either Rick Perry or Rick Santorum.

But Mediaite’s Nando Di Fino reports that Bachmann has no intention of bowing to this call, as she claims she has consistently polled better than either of the candidates she was apparently asked to support.
“I did receive a phone call,” Bachmann said on Fox. “[But] I’ve been polling above the Ricks. There would be no reason for me to drop out.” She made similar comments on CBS’s Early Show, saying, “It didn’t make sense because my numbers have always been above Senator Santorum’s.”
CNN has more corroboration from the Bachmann camp:
“[Bob] Vander Plaats called us on Saturday and asked us to consider the possibility of merging with another candidate,” Bachmann spokeswoman Alice Stewart told CNN. “He did not say whether we should be president or vice presidential candidate.”
“And obviously, we didn’t even consider that,” Stewart added. “We said, ‘Why would we do that?’”
Bachmann Confirms Bob Vander Plaats Asked Her to Drop Out of Race | Video | TheBlaze.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 02:11 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,912,929 times
I can't stand her. Bow out, continue on, whatever... she won't win the nomination anyway and I know I won't be voting for her.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:45 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,258,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
I can't stand her. Bow out, continue on, whatever... she won't win the nomination anyway and I know I won't be voting for her.
Who cares what you say or think!! Bachmann is speaking and standing for morally decent people, and we are glad she does. With the degree of corrupt people (candidates) who freely promote their silly, bad agenda's everyday....it is wonderful to hear Michele inspire us and stand for the TRUTH.

Old 12-21-2011, 02:48 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,675,069 times
^...how many that slam her have done any charitable action in their life even close to adopting 20+ children?

Disagree with her poltics, but have some respect for the person.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:02 PM

8,758 posts, read 8,866,306 times
What gets me about this is that he has the gall to ask her to drop out and support Santorum. Bachmann has always been doing better than Santorum and she is evey bit as conservative and has the same basic family values. Like has been stated here, what better values can you have than to foster 20 children in addition to your own 7? Why not ask Santorum to drop out and support her?

Old 12-21-2011, 05:07 PM

8,151 posts, read 5,613,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Who cares what you say or think!! Bachmann is speaking and standing for morally decent people, and we are glad she does. With the degree of corrupt people (candidates) who freely promote their silly, bad agenda's everyday....it is wonderful to hear Michele inspire us and stand for the TRUTH.
You think you can her to run for VP

Old 12-21-2011, 05:11 PM

8,040 posts, read 4,205,073 times
Completely agree with Bachmann, she has absolutely no reason to drop out now.

If she fails to win any states in January, I think she'll stay in. If she doesn't win any states in February then she probably calls it quits.

A whole lot can happen between now and then. Should be interesting.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:13 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,258,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
What gets me about this is that he has the gall to ask her to drop out and support Santorum. Bachmann has always been doing better than Santorum and she is evey bit as conservative and has the same basic family values. Like has been stated here, what better values can you have than to foster 20 children in addition to your own 7? Why not ask Santorum to drop out and support her?
Excellent suggestion! How absurd and what ridiculous audacity, for that Santorum guy to ask her that? That ticks me~!!

But HEY, like so many..Paul's people, etc., >> They'll try ANYTHING.

And I HOPE everyone realizes...all that claim to be Christian, are not!!

Old 12-21-2011, 05:17 PM

8,040 posts, read 4,205,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Excellent suggestion! How absurd and what ridiculous audacity, for that Santorum guy to ask her that? That ticks me~!!
Santorum is the one guy in the room at debates that nobody is quite sure why he's there. I haven't been able to puzzle out what his great message to the American people is exactly.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,241,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcityguy View Post
^...how many that slam her have done any charitable action in their life even close to adopting 20+ children?

Disagree with her poltics, but have some respect for the person.

How can you consider it charity when she got paid by the taxpayers of her state to foster those kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or