U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 05:51 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,384,661 times

Advertisements

I imagine that it was someone(Lew Rockwell?) in his campaign pandering to a particular demographic at that time, in that place, where ever it was. Rockwell is known for having said or written many similar things. It is unfortunate that whoever the person was did this, because it doesn't represent the true spirit of what Dr. Paul has always represented which is equality and liberty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 05:54 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,221,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
So let me get this straight.

Either Paul supporters are supporting a man who is a racist or they are supporting a man that has no idea what goes into his publications.

Sounds pretty lose lose to me.
So let me get this right Obama supporters are supporting a man who shipped guns to Mexican drug dealers, or they are supporting a man that has no idea what goes on in his DOJ.

Old 12-21-2011, 05:58 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,384,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
A black man's take on the Ron Paul letters (Open letter to the media) | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty (http://www.dailypaul.com/194929/a-black-mans-take-on-the-ron-paul-letters-an-open-letter-to-the-media - broken link)

Yep, 30 years in the US House and someone claims a newsletter is racist but cannot provide a single Bidenesque gaffe to back it up.

Me thinks the liberal left is barking up the double standard yet again.

This is from the link you provided above, this is really what it amounts to ...

Quote:
In addition to this I looked for a speech or presentation that contained racist rhetoric. Where is his Sally Kern style "..blacks are lazy" moment? Where is the moment where like Joe Biden, he says that "..."You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent."? Where is his outrageously racist quote similar to those we can find from Senator Byrd, Governor Wallace or even Hilary Clinton's now famous "Ghandi" quote? I can't even find a public Truman-esque "God does hate the Chinese and Japs" meltdown. With the way he's described I'd at least expect to hear something akin to the famous "...(God) created the white man. I know not who created the blacks" quote from Theodore Bilbo but I haven't found it. If Ron Paul is as racist as some in the media implies, I would think there would be a few Freudian slips from Mr. Paul. Yet there don't seem to be any that I can find.
Can anyone anywhere supply even one thing Dr. Paul has said himself that could even be skewed as being racist? Anyone?

Old 12-21-2011, 06:09 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,221,610 times
Bruce Ramsey makes the same point in his piece. Following the pub of the original TNR smear:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Ramsey
Here was the perfect time for anyone to stand up and say what racist or antigay thing Paul had personally said or done over the last 20,30, or 40 years. And there was nothing.
Also this quote from Bruce Bartlett:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartlett
Iworked on Ron Paul's congressional staff back in the 1970's. I don't believe for a moment that he has a racist or homophobic bone in his body. But he can be a bit naive and overly trusting....

Old 12-21-2011, 06:19 PM

51 posts, read 38,272 times
So someone says that someone read what someone wrote.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:21 PM

16,667 posts, read 8,513,515 times
Whats the big deal? I thought it common knowledge that all republicans were racist??

Old 12-21-2011, 06:27 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,736,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Those are lies...

The NAACP president says Ron Paul is not a racist.

Old 12-21-2011, 06:55 PM

11,327 posts, read 5,927,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Those are lies...

The NAACP president says Ron Paul is not a racist.
Technically its the President of the NAACP branch in TX who knows Ron Paul that says he is not racist, not the President of the entire NAACP, still a strong ally to have against such baseless accusations.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:20 PM

5,560 posts, read 4,963,107 times
If someone is that racist it seems you would think someone would have him on tape and thousands of speeches he would have said something.
In fact often Paul is trying to stop all the wars, issues of the federal government drug war which is effecting many minorities. Complete nonsense.. but what do you expect from the neocons.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:24 PM

5,886 posts, read 4,176,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I'm starting to think you're a closet Obama supporter and that's why your so afraid of Dr. Paul. You clearly have a vested interest in making sure our monetary policy never changes, that our domestic policy never changes, and that our foreign policy never changes. Simply stated, you want to make sure nothing ever changes. It's people like you that sicken me most in this country of ours, you claim to be a "conservative" yet your actions and words show that you haven't the foggiest idea of what conservatism actually is. Go ahead and support Mitt Romney, Michele Bachmann, Newt Gingrich or Barack Obama. That's your right, but don't complain as America lurches ever closer to meltdown.

You'll continue to spend your hate filled life slandering, smearing, and lying about the one honest man left in politics. Ron Paul has a 30 year track record that SHOWS he's not a racist, Nelson Linder the director of the Austin, Texas NAACP supports Ron Paul, and has vehemently denied knowledge of them.

You are simply just an anti-Ron Paul troll who spends your time creating smear threads and trolling Ron Paul threads like certain other members of this forum.

Ron Paul Racist Rant Caught On Tape!!! - YouTube

Ron Paul and racism - NAACP Nelson Linder.wmv - YouTube

NAACP Austin branch pres talks about Ron Paul. info in about - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or