Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 10:33 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,565,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So let me get this right Obama supporters are supporting a man who shipped guns to Mexican drug dealers, or they are supporting a man that has no idea what goes on in his DOJ.
You are going to compare Obama fighting a sloppy "drug war" that was manufactured years ago to racism?

And you wonder why Obama's popularity goes up while Republicans overall sinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 12:17 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Wow, you're really grasping for straws here. I doubt Ron had time to read them, being a busy ob/gyn doctor, they said they faxed it to his office and he signed them. Did they watch him read them, were they there? Ron treated patients of any race, regardless whether they could pay or not, doesn't sound racist to me.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:30 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Wow, you're really grasping for straws here. I doubt Ron had time to read them, being a busy ob/gyn doctor, they said they faxed it to his office and he signed them. Did they watch him read them, were they there? Ron treated patients of any race, regardless whether they could pay or not, doesn't sound racist to me.
Soooooooo......

Ron Paul unthinkingly signed everything that was put in front of him for years on end, oblivious to what was being done in his name for years and years?

That's right up there with I didn't inhale...

To be fair, I think this may well be the accurate explanation. However, it doesn't say much for Ron Paul, that for years Ron Paul’s Freedom Report, Ron Paul Political Report and The Ron Paul Survival Report, were published, full of racist articles and wild-eyed conspiracies theories (like blaming the 1993 WTC bombing on the Mossad), and Ron Paul never once perused what was being published in his name.

I don't doubt that Paul didn't write them. However, the claim that he was unaware of them is utterly non-credible. The likely explanation is that he was, and he was not concerned about what was being peddled in them and, to the contrary (and knowing the sorts to which he appealed) that they were 'good for business'.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1987 View Post
http://mazyar.loveblade.org/RonPaul2...rsFaq_Tunk.pdf (http://mazyar.loveblade.org/RonPaul2012/PaulNewslettersFaq_Tunk.pdf - broken link)
Hi, I'm the author of that FAQ. I've since taken it down from that address.

From now on just link to my blog or to the Google Docs/Scribd documents.
Regulate the Regulators: In Defense of Ron Paul: Newsletters FAQ (http://regulatetheregulators.blogspot.com/2011/12/in-defense-of-ron-paul-newsletters-faq.html - broken link)

Old 12-22-2011, 01:20 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Truth is treason in an empire of lies.
Indeed.

A black man's take on the Ron Paul letters (Open letter to the media) | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty (http://www.dailypaul.com/194929/a-black-mans-take-on-the-ron-paul-letters-an-open-letter-to-the-media - broken link)

Quote:
Like these icons of our freedom and peace, Ron Paul's words deserve scrutiny. How one views the world will affect how they govern. Ultimately though, it is his voting record and public statements that are the criteria by which he should be judged. If we vilify Ron Paul we must by definition do the same with Ghandi, Lincoln and dozens of others who are imperfect individuals.

Regardless of the views in those newsletters Ron Paul deserves the same respect afforded to Hilary Clinton, Joe Biden and Barack Obama. He's denounced the controversial contents. Let's move on. The words attributed to Ron Paul are no worse than the blatant racism of our accepted icons of virtue. For Ron Paul supporters, civil liberties, ending militarism and fighting against crony capitalism of the Federal Reserve takes precedence over these newsletters for good reason. If we're collectively shackled by debt or perhaps indefinitely detained for speaking our minds in what used to be the freest nation on earth the content of those newsletters won't really matter. In the final analysis, Ron Paul is an imperfect man with a nearly perfect, and very simple message.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:36 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Boy all this Bigotry and Hypocrisy is really something ... I thought people had evolved past this bull. I can see that i was very wrong. So racism is evil, but sexual bigotry is okay?

And look at newt Gingrich, he said that the Palestinian people were an "invented" people, that they are "Arabs" ... And then, when asked to apologize, he refused and went as far as to say, "Somebody ought to have the courage to tell the truth. These people are terrorists." So all Arabs are terrorists, does that include our allies as well? Yet you don't see anyone going after him about being a racist. So its okay to be racists as long as its not racism against black people and Jews? Is that it?

Gingrich even said that Obama was the "most successful food stamp President in history" ...

Let me guess that is not a racist statement either, right?

And what about Romney? Everybody know that Mormons are racist ... I'm not saying all Mormons are, but come on ... They didn't allow Blacks to fully participate in their religion until 1978. Think about it ...

Quote:
"That negro race, for instance, have been placed under restrictions because of their attitude in the world of spirits, few will doubt. It cannot be looked upon as just that they should be deprived of the power of the Priesthood without it being a punishment for some act, or acts, performed before they were born." The Way to Perfection, page 43.

Mitt Romney on mormon racism - YouTube

So Mitt says his religion teaches the equality of all races? Really ... ?

Quote:
"And after the flood we are told that the curse that had been pronounced upon Cain was continued through Ham's wife, as he had married a wife of that seed. And why did it pass through the flood? because it was necessary that the devil should have a representation upon the earth as well as God;..." Journal of Discourses, Vol. 22, page 304
Quote:
Very recently, well known Black Republican J.C. Watts publicly complained that the Romney presidential campaign was absolutely void of Blacks, Hispanics or any other ethnicity other than white. It was lily white and this needed to be corrected proclaimed the former Black congressman from Oklahoma. When approached about J.C.’s comments on CNN News, Mitt Romney retorted, “What’s the charge? Is there something wrong with that?” He then explained that he hired only the best workers and if that means an all white staff – so be it. This, my brother and sisters, is “bigot code”. It is the same thing they would say to keep us out of the military, college and professional sports, the better public institutions and corporate offices. It wasn’t because of racism but that we just weren’t good enough and that’s how God made it. It falls right along with the “Cain Curse Doctrine”. Slick haired Romney is starting to appear to be very arrogant for all the wrong reasons. It is an aura about him that smells anti-American and anti-Christian. He appears to be a blast from the past and that is not good for us as a whole and harmonious society.

Do you people really want to play this game? This is disgusting, Paul's ending the war on Drugs and all the wars around the world would be the best thing that has happened to Americas minorities and the poor since Martin Luther King Jr. ... You know who it is dying in all these wars that you people are so trigger happy to fight that your fit to be hogtied? That's right, mostly minorities and the poor ... And guess who occupy all the private sector prisons all over America because of the drug war, that's right again, the poor and minorities.

You people make me sick ...

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 12-22-2011 at 05:52 PM..

Old 12-22-2011, 05:40 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,401 times
oops, ron Paul's note to self, 'modern media sucks'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

Old 12-22-2011, 05:57 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,197,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
And what about Romney? Everybody know that Mormons are racist

Quote:
You people make me sick ...
Funny, since with your above extremely bigoted statements you've revealed a lot more about yourself as a person than I believe you intended.

I've actually read that there are people who would hold a candidate's religion against them but haven't encountered one in the wild who would admit it until your post right there. Everybody knows Mormons are racist? Come on, you're pathetic.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:17 PM

28,092 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:
And what about Romney? Everybody know that Mormons are racist ... I'm not saying all Mormons are, but come on ... They didn't allow Blacks to fully participate in their religion until 1978. Think about it ...
Mormons in general are probably less racist than most religious people today. You are right in pointing out that there was a ban against Black men holding the LDS priesthood for a number of years, but I'm old enough to very clearly remember the day the ban was lifted. Far, far more Mormons were happy to hear that news than were unhappy about it. I was living and working in Salt Lake City at the time and all you had to do to know how thrilled people were was to look at their faces. I've never seen so many smiling faces on a city street in my life.

Furthermore, despite the fact that Black men could not hold the priesthood, we have never, ever had segregated congregations. One of the major reasons Mormons were driven out of their homes in Missouri and Illinois was that they were so strongly anti-slavery. I notice you posted a quote from the Journal of Discourses. That is not nor has it ever been part of the LDS canon. If you want to try to explain what Mormons believe )about pretty much any topic), you really need to stick to legitimate sources. Just so that you know in the future, every single one of our doctrines can be found in one or more of the following: The Holy Bible, The Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and Covenants, and The Pearl of Great Price.

You are honestly very wrong if you think Mormons today are racist.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:18 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post

Funny, since with your above extremely bigoted statements you've revealed a lot more about yourself as a person than I believe you intended.

I've actually read that there are people who would hold a candidate's religion against them but haven't encountered one in the wild who would admit it until your post right there. Everybody knows Mormons are racist? Come on, you're pathetic.
So youre telling me a religion that teaches that blacks and Arabs are a devil race is not racist? Is that what your are telling me?

And then you neglect to quote that i already said that i don't believe all Mormons are racist ... But that is how you people work right, half truths and distortions. Still, if i were a Mormon and read that in my religions literature, i would have left that religion.

You keep it up funny guy ... Watching you guys get your comings will not be pretty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections