Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 08:55 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
The thing that scares me about RP people is that they are blind followers and never admit any shortcomings in the man or his record. He's 70+ years old and he's done everything right in his life. Why do we never hear dirt on this man? Probably because he has no chance
The thing that scares me about non RP people is that they love to make it about his followers and not policy.
It's always about policy not some ill conceived notion about his backers. Yea we're horrible people who promote freedom and liberty for everyone, even you. You can even sit idly by and we'll fight for rights since they are for everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2011, 08:56 PM

535 posts, read 585,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

Why would this matter to republicans who are supposedly all racists any ways for supporting the tea party?

Old 12-21-2011, 08:59 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,094 times
He's got my vote, this story is BS! The sheeple are awakening in this country, big changes to come! Real change. No foreign aid, no affirmative action, no tax hikes, states rights....can't wait.

Old 12-21-2011, 09:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Sums up my feelings as well. Maybe the first one goes out without careful reading, but, the second, third...?

I don't think so.
Why would he notice since he wasn't working with or for the newsletters and rarely read them if at all? I'd like to see your proof of him reading them.

Proof besides what an unstable, fired ex aide says without anyone else knowing or seeing it. That aide was the only one to see it right? And the person he claims read them has never been heard to utter a racist thing. naww that doesn't sound fishy at all...

Old 12-21-2011, 09:01 PM

535 posts, read 585,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
It is funny that the smear campaign has only started after Ron Paul's numbers have gone up and he has been leading in several polls..

Where was this guy in 2007/2008 when Ron Paul was not such a high profile candidate?

LOLZ.

It was released by him in 07 as well. I believe it appeared on that boys show Maddow or something. That boy thought he was pulling such a fast one on Paul for being nice to give him a good interview the first time in 07 and then turn around , invite him on again, and then surprise him with the newsletter story.

This is real old news, and won't have any real effect on Iowa/New Hampshire votes. Most people in those states are white, and not stupid. It shouldn't be a matter in other states as well, b.c blacks are smart too, and tend to have more sense for calling bull**** when they see it.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I am as concerned about his not reading it as his reading it. I can't understand, regardless as to how busy he was or whatever his excuse was or is, how he would allow his name to be attacked to something he had nothing to do with.

NIta

Old 12-22-2011, 09:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
It is funny that the smear campaign has only started after Ron Paul's numbers have gone up and he has been leading in several polls..

Where was this guy in 2007/2008 when Ron Paul was not such a high profile candidate?

LOLZ.
i happen to agree with you on that, but now can you Paul supporters who believed all the trash about Cain, or who wonder if Perry is straight or constantly bring up Newts past or thought it was OK to bash Palin at every corner, realize how it feels when the shoe is on the other foot? Heck some of you attacked Daniels and Christie and they were never even candidates, and others went after Huckabee. I don't like to see smear campaigns against anyone, too bad many Paul supporters see only the side they choose to see and will argue, these stories are false about Paul, but they had reason to believe the smears against others.

Nita

NIta

Old 12-22-2011, 09:43 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
i happen to agree with you on that, but now can you Paul supporters who believed all the trash about Cain, or who wonder if Perry is straight or constantly bring up Newts past or thought it was OK to bash Palin at every corner, realize how it feels when the shoe is on the other foot? Heck some of you attacked Daniels and Christie and they were never even candidates, and others went after Huckabee. I don't like to see smear campaigns against anyone, too bad many Paul supporters see only the side they choose to see and will argue, these stories are false about Paul, but they had reason to believe the smears against others.

Nita

NIta
Good post Nita. I do feel some sympathy for anyone who is attacked by the media, but the Paul people have been busy smearing all of Paul's primary opponents for months. It's hard to feel sympathy for them.

At least they finally got the media coverage they were pining for.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:03 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,255,485 times
^This is a significant event because it really hurts his general election chances. Yeah, the Paul sheep will always follow him off the cliff or what not. But those people who are unhappy and 'shopping' for another candidate other than Obama will shy away from someone with accusations of being outright racist. The Republicans cannot have scandals like this get in the way of an election or it's game over before it starts.

So, as others have said, I feel for people who are attacked by the media, but we do owe it to ourselves to delve into the truth. If Paul and his supporters cannot handle this attack, what will they do with the Obama Billion Dollar Machine lets loose?

Old 12-22-2011, 10:13 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
^This is a significant event because it really hurts his general election chances. Yeah, the Paul sheep will always follow him off the cliff or what not. But those people who are unhappy and 'shopping' for another candidate other than Obama will shy away from someone with accusations of being outright racist. The Republicans cannot have scandals like this get in the way of an election or it's game over before it starts.

So, as others have said, I feel for people who are attacked by the media, but we do owe it to ourselves to delve into the truth. If Paul and his supporters cannot handle this attack, what will they do with the Obama Billion Dollar Machine lets loose?
Yep, this is all part of the vetting process that is crucial to getting a candidate who can beat Obama.

I never thought Ron Paul would be capable of beating Obama because he is simply too much of a fringe candidate. These racist newsletters pretty much signify the end of the road for his prospects in a general (or primary) election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections