U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2011, 11:59 AM

8,036 posts, read 4,199,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Romney cannot do it because he has the stereotype of a polished politician whose ideology shifts with the tide. That is his MO.
No, that's the picture the media has painted for us. As is always the case, it is an exaggeration of reality. If you're against Mitt Romney you buy it hook line and sinker. That's what the media told you to think and believe, and it worked. Sure Mitt is flawed, but so is everyone. I don't have to be a Romney supporter to see the obvious: He's being portrayed as badly as possible by his opposition all in the name of bringing him down so their man (or woman) can beat him.

It's all part of the ridiculous game and it's all a play to completely disregard the issues. Just delegitimize the man by assassinating his character. Paint him as "not Presidential enough" or "not Conservative enough" etc. Whatever it takes to destroy the man and most of it has nothing to do with where he stands on the key issues.

Quote:
Paul's platform is a take "no crap from anyone" straight shooter. Paul can walk out of interviews more successfully than Romney because that position is consistent with his platform, provided he does it in a context such as this. Romney cannot use it because it would be inconsistent with his strategy. Sorry, I don't make the rules and life's not fair, deal with it.
The core of Ron Paul's supporters are very loyal and his walking out won't shake them one bit. Unfortunately, they are nothing close to being a majority of Americans. Paul has to expand his support far beyond of what has currently if he wants to actually win the Presidency.

The media has already started on their false depiction of Ron Paul. "Bumbling, stammering, awkward, old man with a tiny fanatically devoted following. Irresponsible isolationist foreign policy who wants to legalize illicit drugs!" He is purported to be, "Just a crazy nut with a bunch of crazy nut followers." The deathblow mischaracterizations? "Racist and anti-Semitic." Completely false? Absolutely! Ron Paul walking away from that interview is something the media can spin. If Mitt Romney had walked out of an interview, the media would absolutely destroy him for it. Do you honestly believe they will show mercy to Dr Paul, a man they believe is nuts?? Why would they? Their entire goal is to have a big story to break and they got their big story.

It's frustrating that all of this crap has nothing to do with the real issues. On the issues, Ron Paul is unbeatable. I think the whole media circus surrounding presidential races is beyond ridiculous. But I can't change the game just by wishing. If he wants to win, Ron Paul will have to play their game. If he can't, hopefully somebody with the same beliefs can. It needs to happen SOON!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 11:59 AM

8,803 posts, read 7,579,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
LoL, He contradicts himself in less then a minute and he's truthful?

I guess some people don't mind a lying bigoted conspiracy nut to lead the country that throws a tantrum every time some one questions him on unpopular past events. I know lies don't really put true believers off, but this is downright ridiculous.
You're just a hater with a biased viewpoint. I doubt you've even read the letters, nor even know who wrote them.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:01 PM

12,358 posts, read 7,746,068 times
The editor of that newsletter called Paul a liar, said he read and approved every word.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:02 PM

6,868 posts, read 3,944,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post

Ron Paul walks off CNN interview, annoyed by questions on racist newsletter - YouTube!

Even an 8 year old would call BS on this logic.

He states that he had nothing to do with the Newsletters bearing his name for more then a decade and a half...newsletters filled with racism, conspiracy theories, and homophobia. He then states in this interview he made money off of them, he helped publish them (both around the one minute mark), and read them a number of times (34 second mark).

When questioned on it again he pretends like he didn't just say that he had, and walks out. Seriously, if you are going to try and pretend like you hadn't said something...try not to do it less then a minute in a recorded interview.
I think the letters were a case of someone using his name with his permission and paying him, I doubt he payed a lot of attention to what was in them. Ron was a busy ob/gyn doctor at the time, who never turned a patiant away because they were another race or couldnt pay. I don't believe for one minute Ron wrote what was in these letters and Idon't know who or why they wrote the stuff theydid, Rons mistake was trusting them not to write that crap they did.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:06 PM

6,868 posts, read 3,944,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The editor of that newsletter called Paul a liar, said he read and approved every word.
Did ya ever think the editor was trying to cover for himself? From where did you get this info? proof please?

Old 12-22-2011, 12:08 PM

2,716 posts, read 2,613,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
Yep.

Any poster who can't figure out why a guy who looks like he might be doing well enough to make a run at the nomination -- ie, who looks like he has a some chance, even small, to be President -- gets more scrutiny than someone who has no chance to be President is in desperate need of a few clues.
Ron Paul Supporter: "It's a CONSPIRACY! THE NWO/ILLUMINATI/ALIENS WHO REALLY RUN THE GOVERNMENT ARE TRYING TO KEEP RON PAUL OUT OF OFFICE, WE MUST PROTECT OUR HERO!"

Old 12-22-2011, 12:09 PM

127 posts, read 66,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Ron Paul Supporter: "It's a CONSPIRACY! THE NWO/ILLUMINATI/ALIENS WHO REALLY RUN THE GOVERNMENT ARE TRYING TO KEEP RON PAUL OUT OF OFFICE, WE MUST PROTECT OUR HERO!"
You're right about everything except the Aliens part.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:13 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,089,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I doubt he payed a lot of attention to what was in them.
Your doubts are going to get it. If he just accepted the money and never read them as you contend he is still responsible for what appeared under his auspices.

Enough of the dodges, Paul needs accept responsibility and "disavowing" ain't that.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:15 PM

1,433 posts, read 995,289 times
I don't see him lying at all in this video. He said he didn't write them or know what was written, and stated he did receive money for them. That's all he said and I don't see where any contradictions are. And I would hardly call this a hissy fit.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:16 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,089,421 times
This ain't liberals talking!
I fail to see how Ron Paulís eponymous newsletter written in the first person as if from Ron Paul claiming gays intended to infect other Americans with AIDS through compromising our blood supply is any different from Reverend Wright claiming the CIA invented AIDS to kill black men.

If you know all these things about Ron Paul, and know he was perfectly fine with Neo-Nazis raising money for his campaign in 2008, and know he was perfectly fine going on Iranian national television to claim Israel keeps concentration camps wherein it routinely kills Palestinians, and you still intend to vote for him, I donít really see that the Republican tent needs to be big enough to accommodate you.
The Ron Paul Newsletter and His Jeremiah Wright Moment | RedState
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or