U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2011, 12:36 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,411,959 times

Advertisements

Yeah, the very definition of 'hatchet job' is questioning a candidate about views published in his own name...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 12:37 PM

18,174 posts, read 11,145,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Why would Democrats be scared of someone WHO POLLS 16 PERCENT NATIONALLY!?!?
My Christmas wish is for Ron Paul to win Iowa and get so confident he runs third party. The guy is a raving lunatic. The only reason he's gotten this far is no one paid much attention to him and he's getting a little scrutiny now because the rest of the GOP is so bad.

Ole' Ron sounds like your crazy uncle at a family gathering after he's had too much to drink.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:38 PM

2,875 posts, read 1,665,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Your doubts are going to get it. If he just accepted the money and never read them as you contend he is still responsible for what appeared under his auspices.

Enough of the dodges, Paul needs accept responsibility and "disavowing" ain't that.
Ron Paul has on numerous occasions accepted moral responsibility for the newsletters. He's said before that he should've had more oversight and has apologized for the offensive passages.

What people need to recognize is that these are selected quotes from his newsletters. It's not like his entire newsletters were full of this stuff. Out of the 100s of articles in 4 different newsletters, reporters have found 7 or 8 offensive passages. It's totally being blown out of proportion.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:50 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,411,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
My Christmas wish is for Ron Paul to win Iowa and get so confident he runs third party. The guy is a raving lunatic. The only reason he's gotten this far is no one paid much attention to him and he's getting a little scrutiny now because the rest of the GOP is so bad.

Ole' Ron sounds like your crazy uncle at a family gathering after he's had too much to drink.
It wouldn't surprise me. After all, in 2008 he endorsed a third-party candidate instead of McCain, and he ran under the libertarian banner before (1988). Also, he's not running for reelection, so he doesn't have to worry about a retributive primary challenge and sanctions were he to get elected to another term in the House.

On the other side, such a run could cause problem for his son, a Senator. It wouldn't surprise me much either way. He wouldn't win any states, but he has enough support to take several percent, maybe even into the low double digits.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:53 PM

14,078 posts, read 17,674,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Ron Paul Suddenly Doesn't Want to Talk to Reporters About His Racist Newsletters - Yahoo! News

So now apparently trying to go for the edgy and "sensationalist" bit in an interview by pressing someone for a non-issue topic they've hashed over and explained why it had nothing to do with them for years now is "being a good journalist", according to this piece. And even though the newsletters aren't his, it's still appropriate to headline them as his newsletters.

This is a sure sign that Paul is moving into the limelight and Democrats see him as a real threat to be Obama's challenger (whom he would stomp): They've got the media blasting this guy at every turn.
The Democrats aren't shaking in their boots over any Republican candidate so far. Barring a major disaster, not one of them have an ice cube's chance of defeating Obama. This is Obama's election to lose.

I've been an observer of the political game for over 50 years and I can't remember ever seeing such a weak, luke-warm, smarmy, arrogant, intellectually challenged bunch of simpleton's run out by a major party. The only "issue" any of them seem to be able to talk about is, "I'm better than that one over there." All of them seem to be afflicted with a severe case of "Me! Me! Me!" and their policy ideas are the most poorly thought out I've ever heard. Their chief claim to the Oval Office seems to be their ability to pander to the lowest common denominator.

What's wrong with the GOP? Do they WANT to lose the election?

Old 12-22-2011, 12:55 PM

18,174 posts, read 11,145,668 times
As early as December 1989, a section of his Investment Letter, titled “What To Expect for the 1990s,” predicted that “Racial Violence Will Fill Our Cities” because “mostly black welfare recipients will feel justified in stealing from mostly white ‘haves.’” Two months later, a newsletter warned of “The Coming Race War,” and, in November 1990, an item advised readers, “If you live in a major city, and can leave, do so. If not, but you can have a rural retreat, for investment and refuge, buy it.” In June 1991, an entry on racial disturbances in Washington, DC’s Adams Morgan neighborhood was titled, “Animals Take Over the D.C. Zoo.” “This is only the first skirmish in the race war of the 1990s,” the newsletter predicted. In an October 1992 item about urban crime, the newsletter’s author--presumably Paul--wrote, “I’ve urged everyone in my family to know how to use a gun in self defense. For the animals are coming.”

Readers were warned to avoid blood transfusions because gays were trying to “poison the blood supply.” “Am I the only one sick of hearing about the ‘rights’ of AIDS carriers?”

News Bulletin: Ron Paul Is a Huge Racist -- Daily Intel

Old 12-22-2011, 01:43 PM

56 posts, read 112,674 times
The man is a kook and a bigot. And I'm sure the Democrats would be glad to have him as a nominee...surely he'd Perot himself into 20% of the vote.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:46 PM

1,433 posts, read 995,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmm View Post
The man is a kook and a bigot. And I'm sure the Democrats would be glad to have him as a nominee...surely he'd Perot himself into 20% of the vote.
I'm glad to see another anti-Paul has a mind of their own.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:43 PM

5,886 posts, read 4,191,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
He hasn't answered it satisfactorily in 20 years. The video in the OP is more proof of that.
Don't you have some Obama campaign literature to be passing out or CNN news to be watching? After all how would you know what MSM talking points to vomit up on this forum everyday if you didn't tune in to have the media tell you what to think?

Old 12-22-2011, 04:34 PM
pth

274 posts, read 338,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmm View Post

lol @ same old ****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or