U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2011, 05:18 PM

8,266 posts, read 10,712,879 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You haven't heard of this until recently? It's been around for 20 YEARS!
Oh stop with the incredulous act, I'm quite sure if ten or fifteen years ago and asked 1000 Americans about the Ron Paul letters you'd be lucky to get a handful that could even tell you who Ron Paul was much less about any letters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 06:57 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,852,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
My Christmas wish is for Ron Paul to win Iowa and get so confident he runs third party. The guy is a raving lunatic. The only reason he's gotten this far is no one paid much attention to him and he's getting a little scrutiny now because the rest of the GOP is so bad.

Ole' Ron sounds like your crazy uncle at a family gathering after he's had too much to drink.
The only reason anyone wants Ron Paul to run third party is
because democrats know they can't win with Obama in a two
man race, and are hoping for a split (the only way he might
win).

The Ole' Ron/crazy uncle is getting really old, and it's not
original....

If your an Obama supporter, name one thing that **** up
has done, that deserves him a second term....

Old 12-22-2011, 06:59 PM

9,897 posts, read 6,852,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Oh stop with the incredulous act, I'm quite sure if ten or fifteen years ago and asked 1000 Americans about the Ron Paul letters you'd be lucky to get a handful that could even tell you who Ron Paul was much less about any letters.
A week ago, if you asked 1000 Americans what the capital of
North Dakota was, they wouldn't know the answer.

That is why our present media has a field day. You wouldn't
know the difference between journalism and propaganda if
it bit you in the face.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:59 PM

26,724 posts, read 11,222,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
In 1996, Paul told The Dallas Morning News that his comment about black men in Washington came while writing about a 1992 study by the National Center on Incarceration and Alternatives, a criminal justice think tank in Virginia.

Paul cited the study and wrote: “Given the inefficiencies of what DC laughingly calls the criminal justice system, I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal.”

“These aren’t my figures,” Paul told the Morning News. “That is the assumption you can gather from the report.”

Nor did Paul dispute in 1996 his 1992 newsletter statement that said,”If you have ever been robbed by a black teenaged male, you know how unbelievably fleet of foot they can be.”
Ron Paul’s story changes on racial comments | Iowa Caucuses
It wasn't his newsletter, he didn't write the inflammatory articles and he didn't make the statement you posted. But other than that, good post

Old 12-22-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The editor of that newsletter called Paul a liar, said he read and approved every word.
Your information is entirely incorrect. The person who said he read it was an unstable, ex aide that was fired.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Yeah, even more than Paul's "positions", that's the thing that turns me off about him the most, is the type of "supporters" he seems to attract! And though I'm not of the "evangelical" persuasion, have always been fond of this quote from Matthew 7:16, "wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them." No puns intended.
Because his supporters want freedom and liberty? What a dumb post.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:07 PM

7,374 posts, read 7,404,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Ron Paul Suddenly Doesn't Want to Talk to Reporters About His Racist Newsletters - Yahoo! News

So now apparently trying to go for the edgy and "sensationalist" bit in an interview by pressing someone for a non-issue topic they've hashed over and explained why it had nothing to do with them for years now is "being a good journalist", according to this piece. And even though the newsletters aren't his, it's still appropriate to headline them as his newsletters.

This is a sure sign that Paul is moving into the limelight and Democrats see him as a real threat to be Obama's challenger (whom he would stomp): They've got the media blasting this guy at every turn.

He is the ONLY threat to Obama, ALL the other candidates were set up to fall so that Obama could win the re-election even with only 30 something percent approval ratings.

The only one up there that is not a establishment insider and bankster shill is Dr. Paul. He is the only real candidate running in the GOP race, the ONLY one they don't control.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because his supporters want freedom and liberty? What a dumb post.
No, because of this ...

Isaiah 5:20
"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter."

They are afraid because their time is coming, the gig is up, one way or another, even if Dr. Paul isn't elected president. The cat is out of the bag, and the worms are out of the can, there is no going back to completely disinformed America ... Change is coming, in a very BIG way.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:15 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,318,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
He is the ONLY threat to Obama, ALL the other candidates were set up to fall so that Obama could win the re-election even with only 30 something percent approval ratings.

The only one up there that is not a establishment insider and bankster shill is Dr. Paul. He is the only real candidate running in the GOP race, the ONLY one they don't control.
Wow, you really are brainwashed.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Wow, you really are brainwashed.

Brainwashed aye? You're saying this to me? My brain isn't all that clean, truth be known. Its full of all kinds of dirty crazy ideas, like virtue and liberty and peace and love ... I am a nut job aren't I?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or