U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-22-2011, 08:50 PM
 
18,175 posts, read 11,153,762 times
Reputation: 9510

Advertisements

Ron Paul did not deny the newsletters in 1996:
1996 Dallas Morning News Interview With Ron Paul

WASHINGTON - Dr. Ron Paul, a Republican congressional candidate from Texas, wrote in his political newsletter in 1992 that 95 percent of the black men in Washington, D.C., are "semi-criminal or entirely criminal."
He also wrote that black teenagers can be "unbelievably fleet of foot."An official with the NAACP in Texas said the comments were racist and offensive. Dr. Paul, who is running in Texas' 14th Congressional District, defended his writings in an interview Tuesday. He said they were being taken out of context.

In the interview, he did not deny he made the statement about the swiftness of black men.
"If you try to catch someone that has stolen a purse from you, there is no chance to catch them," Dr. Paul said. He also said the comment about black men in the nation's capital was made while writing about a 1992 study produced by the National Center on Incarceration and Alternatives, a criminal justice think tank based in Virginia.
Citing statistics from the study, Dr. Paul then concluded in his column: `Given the inef! ficiencies of what DC laughingly calls the criminal justice system, I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal." "These aren't my figures," Dr. Paul said Tuesday. "That is the assumption you can gather from" the report.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-22-2011, 08:53 PM
 
7,374 posts, read 7,406,742 times
Reputation: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
This man's time has passed. He is better suited advocating for the continuation of slavery or the continuation of Jim Crow laws. He has no place in modern times. The man is a shameful presence and his racist past IS A BIG ISSUE, you bet.

You Paul supporters need to quit chasing your tails while supporting this sinking ship.
And what about the racist Newt Romney and Obama? ... Their bigotry and racism doesn't mean anything to you does it, just what you believe to be Paul's bigotry?

Admit it, you just don't want him to win because it would make all the establishment insiders lose their precious power ... He is just ONE of MANY people they have to fear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Status: "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" (set 21 days ago)
 
11,385 posts, read 5,972,002 times
Reputation: 3599
I find it interesting that all of these "news" outlets that are "researching" their stories ironically seem to miss that:

-Ron Paul has frequently mentioned that MLK Jr. is one of his heros
-The head of the Texas NAACP is on record as saying that he knows Ron Paul well, and that he knows the man is not a racist.
-They can't find one video, email, or anything else that he has specifically written or spoken that IS racist.
-He continually mentions that one reason he sees the "War on Drugs" as such a bad thing is because it unfairly penalizes and impacts the black community.
-Not that I have a way to research and prove it, but I would assume that a network like CNN wold have the resources to figure this out or at least ask the question, but of the multiple patients that Paul says he has treated for free at his medical practice, I'm sure at least one of them must not have been white?

These are some pretty basic things that I'd like to see covered in an actual news story on this issue...but I'll toss this into the feeding frenzy here of the many war mongers that are blood thirsty to attack it anyway so they can get their next in a long chain of POTUS war mongers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2011, 09:11 PM
 
3,335 posts, read 2,258,914 times
Reputation: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Joe Scarborough is attempting to attack Ron Paul and his supporters as anti-semitic.

Ron Paul | Anti-Semitism | Lew Rockwell | The Daily Caller

Overall the comments are pretty good at sidelining Scarborough's smear job.

Are you paulites COMPLETELY Blind and deaf? The mainstream of grassroots America is NOT embracing your 'Libertarian hero.'

Folks want a a strong military, strong medicare for people in need....and freedom from prostitution and drugs (marijuana) destroying what's left of this once great country!!!

And, not forget....our continued STRONG support for our ally and fast friend, Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2011, 09:14 PM
 
18,175 posts, read 11,153,762 times
Reputation: 9510
I find it interesting that all of these "news" outlets that are "researching" their stories...

These "news" outlets you refer to are the Dallas Morning News - Ron Paul's home turf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Status: "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" (set 21 days ago)
 
11,385 posts, read 5,972,002 times
Reputation: 3599
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Are you paulites COMPLETELY Blind and deaf? The mainstream of grassroots America is NOT embracing your 'Libertarian hero.'

Folks want a a strong military, strong medicare for people in need....and freedom from prostitution and drugs (marijuana) destroying what's left of this once great country!!!

And, not forget....our continued STRONG support for our ally and fast friend, Israel.
It is absolutely astonishing to me that you actually believe some of the things you say.

Paul's goals are to better utilize our military by not spreading them so thin, and by drastically reducing the expenses related to them so we can actually AFFORD to protect ourselves instead of bankrupting ourselves to police the world.

He is also on the record 1,001 times explaining how his plan for medicare is to strengthen the program for THOSE IN NEED OF IT NOW.

I assume you think we should go back to prohibition too? The good old days of having the mafia thrive on the illegal dealing of alcohol? Same thing we see now with prostitution and drugs. I'd love to see the results of legalizing these things so that grown adults can do things that impact only themselves, while doing it legally so you remove the criminal element and vast amount of violence and crime that come as a result of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Status: "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" (set 21 days ago)
 
11,385 posts, read 5,972,002 times
Reputation: 3599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I find it interesting that all of these "news" outlets that are "researching" their stories...

These "news" outlets you refer to are the Dallas Morning News - Ron Paul's home turf.
It also includes CNN...but what is your point? I dont care if it is The Dallas Morning News, CNN, or the local elementary school news paper...nobody is actually doing the research, asking the right questions, or taking a non-partisan approach to it...they make their money from sensationalizing things...not actually getting down to the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2011, 09:22 PM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,100,024 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I find it interesting that all of these "news" outlets that are "researching" their stories ironically seem to miss that:

-Ron Paul has frequently mentioned that MLK Jr. is one of his heros
-The head of the Texas NAACP is on record as saying that he knows Ron Paul well, and that he knows the man is not a racist.
-They can't find one video, email, or anything else that he has specifically written or spoken that IS racist.
-He continually mentions that one reason he sees the "War on Drugs" as such a bad thing is because it unfairly penalizes and impacts the black community.
-Not that I have a way to research and prove it, but I would assume that a network like CNN wold have the resources to figure this out or at least ask the question, but of the multiple patients that Paul says he has treated for free at his medical practice, I'm sure at least one of them must not have been white?

These are some pretty basic things that I'd like to see covered in an actual news story on this issue...but I'll toss this into the feeding frenzy here of the many war mongers that are blood thirsty to attack it anyway so they can get their next in a long chain of POTUS war mongers.
Don't confuse them with facts. Character witnesses and the complete lack of proof via audio or video that he's said anything remotely racist (or that he's said many things that prove the exact opposite) means nothing. The media tells them Paul is racist, so it must be so. This is the only dirt they can dig up on a man who has been in the game for a very long time, so they're going to cling on to it for dear life. It pisses people off that some of us aren't sheep and have woken up to the BS 2-party scam that is our political system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2011, 09:25 PM
 
18,175 posts, read 11,153,762 times
Reputation: 9510
Hey, don't let us discourage you. Vote Ron Paul all the way. I hope he wins Iowa. Seriously, I do. I hope he goes 3rd party. Ron Paul supporters unite! It's got to be better than watching Rick Perry hug a bottle of maple syrup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-22-2011, 09:28 PM
Status: "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" (set 21 days ago)
 
11,385 posts, read 5,972,002 times
Reputation: 3599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Hey, don't let us discourage you. Vote Ron Paul all the way. I hope he wins Iowa. Seriously, I do. I hope he goes 3rd party. Ron Paul supporters unite! It's got to be better than watching Rick Perry hug a bottle of maple syrup.
The lack of reason, thought, and logic displayed by a small handful of people on here could never come anywhere close to discouraging me, but thanks for the concern.

Win or lose, I'm happy to support a candidate that has a platform that aligns with and effectively addresses a good deal of things I believe are important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:30 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top