U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 02:07 PM

3,116 posts, read 3,870,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
So why does the media keep focusing on this? Because Paul has accomplished nothing while in office. What legislation has he written that became law? What leadership positions has he filled? Did he lead or participate in any negotiations with the opposition? Show me where Paul can say "I did (...)".

As far as I can tell, all he's done while in office is introduce a bunch of bills that went nowhere and shill some newsletter he's now disavowed. It's one thing to have good ideas, it's quite another to turn them into reality. If he doesn't like the way the media is treating this, I'd like to see how he handles Putin or Aljamenihad.
1) He's accomplished plenty in 30 years
2) That he hasn't got as much under his name just shows that his views are outside the establishment of the current 2 party system. As the 2 party system has been shown to be an utter failure, I fail to see how this is a bad thing. Oh wait, it's better that we get fed more of the same crap we've been getting our whole lives, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 02:15 PM

25,235 posts, read 14,062,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Rep. Ron Paul Gets Irked By Newsletter Questions, Walks Out Of CNN Interview | Mediaite

Did he really think this newsletter scandal wouldn't come up?

I hadn't heard of this until just recently, so a LOT of people will be asking questions that SHOULD be answered.

The obama campaign would have a field day with this.
Wow, we agree on this one. Like you, I had not really heard of this until just recently and yes, he better address this now or the Dems will do it for him. Not good idea to simply say I have answered the question and that is that, it may work at some levels it will not when running for the Whitehouse.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:19 PM

25,235 posts, read 14,062,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You haven't heard of this until recently? It's been around for 20 YEARS!

And don't you think that if you had to REPEATEDLY answer these ridiculous questions that you have already answered for 20 years!!!!!!! that you wouldn't get upset?

Much like those of us who have to repeatedly debunk the b.s. lies here on C-D and how annoying it becomes, and tedious and just plain out boring as hell, we've only been doing it for a couple of months.

This guy has been answering this question for 20 YEARS!

Where have you been that you haven't heard of these?
Most of us have not been following Pauls career for the last 20 years, just because some of you have do not expect everyone else to. Jeeeez.
It was news to me also and I pride mysef on stay up with what is happening in our government. Paul needs to address the issue, because if he does not and he somehow gets the GOP nomination the Dems will use it against him in a Big way, believe me it would do major damage if not addessed and put to bed now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or