U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 06:49 AM

148 posts, read 257,447 times

Advertisements

Wow the trolling is strong in this thread. I'm sure happy in America that the uninformed, the ignorant, and the trolls all have the same right to vote as I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 07:00 AM

8,266 posts, read 10,719,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Really? How many times should one have to defend oneself from accusations of racism instead of addressing the important issues.
As many times as reporters ask.

Ron Paul supporters have been wailing about the lack of media attention forever, now when he finally is getting some there is a problem with reporters asking about negative things he's already answered? Important issues instead of accusations? How much time has been spent digging at Newt for the timing of his divorce, or Cain for apparently being intimate with 1 in 4 women in North America? If I took the time to make fill a thread with quotes from Ron Paul supporters attacking other candidates with accusations instead of important issues I'd probably bring down CityData's servers.

Comes with the spotlight, and yes you have to address this stuff as often as it comes up, doing the walkaway doesn't help. Someone not familiar with him isn't going to go google it, they are going to wonder why this candidate won't discuss it.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:09 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,557,406 times
As a staggeringly ignorant racist, this is the one topic that Mr Two first names would like to avoid. His racist views make him the modern day Strom Thurmond.

The fact that he's running as a Republican says a great deal about the backwards constituency of the GOP. Paul can't run away from himself and his racist past.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:12 AM

15,489 posts, read 7,903,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Here are the newsletters (if print box opens hit cancel)

Ron Paul Newsletters
Best post of the thread.

I have actually heard of the newsletters before this and had read portions of them but the quote above gave a better view of them in context.

Question to all of you RP supporters in regards to the newsletters: Did he deny everything in the newsletters or just the ones about black people?

Also in reading through this list, there were a few instances where the writer referred to himself as a doctor and also there were A LOT of disparaging things said about gays and lesbians. The writer was also a supporter of Rush Limbaugh ( what I think of Rush) and him standing up to the Clinton Administration through his program about a discussion of the gold Sacajaweya coin that was introduced in the 90s. Very interesting reads. I only read the first 3 linked so will read the rest later on today when I have more time.

Honestly in reading the material that I did read, I am not completely sure that RP wrote them. But it still IMO shows that he lacked leadership in the creation of these newsletters written in his name. What sort of person lets people use their name and write things without reading them? Especially someone who supposedly has a positive reputation to uphold?

Even though I did know of the newsletters, they really do not sway my view of him politically and I am a black person. I have many other more valid reasons not to like him politically than some racist newsletters that he wrote back in the early 90s. But I do know that in politics things like this will never die. Racism is just too charged in our society so RP will have to continue to talk and talk about it until people stop asking about it and honestly I do think these newsletters will oust him from the race.

ETA: Even not including the most heavily quoted portions of the newsletters, they were still very racially focused and very much anti-gay. In one it describes how it was a "political" move to re-name GRIDS as AIDS even though in the 1990s AIDS was not just a gay disease and for a doctor to say, support, or approve such ideas is just astounding.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:12 AM

4,284 posts, read 3,737,182 times
He answered that question just two times earlier to that same person. It's just the media doing what they do - they build up the person so that they can have someone to knock down. They have to create the drama to make their ratings more effective. No matter how long ago or satisfactory an answer is provided - they will always spin it as an issue because they look to create news when there isn't any.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:13 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,622,686 times
He talks about his newsletters here;

Dr. Ron Paul 1995 Interview - YouTube

Old 12-22-2011, 07:14 AM

873 posts, read 938,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
He has answered the same question over, and over, and over, and over.
This. He even answered it for her twice, before he started to actually loose his cool. And it looked like he just answered (likely more then once) the day before, on the exact same network.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:17 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,748,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
He has answered the same question over, and over, and over, and over.
And over and over and over.

Seriously people, these attacks on Paul are unfounded. How many times does he have to say it? HE DIDN'T WRITE THOSE NEWSLETTERS.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:23 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,622,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
And over and over and over.

Seriously people, these attacks on Paul are unfounded. How many times does he have to say it? HE DIDN'T WRITE THOSE NEWSLETTERS.
Two words - Herman Cain.

We still have no evidence of his wrongdoing, but he was effectively destroyed by the "story" AND his response to it.

The media will continue to pound on this, put up the newsletters IN HIS NAME, imply and insinuate he knew about them, imply there is no proof he DIDN'T write them.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:50 AM

11,888 posts, read 10,402,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
I'd like to reiterate to all those who support Ron Paul, and by default freedom and liberty, that we've got the two political machines (Rep. and Dem.) and their minions shaking in their boots. For those of us who are self-reliant, earn an honest living, and believe in freedom and the constitution, shout from the rooftops, let your friends and family know that we finally have an honest, straightforward candidate. Keep the momentum going....the Obamazombies and Neocons are beyond helpless, don't waste your energy trying to persuade those who've been brainwashed by the media and are incapable of forming opinions of their own. Use your time and energy to take America back from the impostors who have been occupying our country, saddling us with debt, supporting programs based on race, foreign intervention, open borders, and outsourcing.
Good post! It is frustrating now but smart people are slowly waking up and realizing that our 2-Party dictatorship is busting at the seams.
Freedom and Liberty trump everything!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or