Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2011, 07:51 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,228 times

Advertisements

I don't see what the issue is. He did NOT write them, anyone who has worked with him, D or R doesn't believe he wrote them, and people who have studied them came to the conclusion that the wording does not match how he talks. He has said several times that he did not write the letters, but he takes full responsibility for them. He could have lied like any other politician would have and said he knew nothing about them, but he manned up and took responsibility. Case closed. It's a smear campaign because the powers that be know that many voters will vote off minimal information, biased peoples' opinions, and catchy slogans because they're too lazy to do their own research, check backrounds or voting records. Obama is a perfect example of that. But this is all they have, so they're going to milk it for all it's worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 08:06 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,928 times
Please by all means show me a speech where Ron Paul has expressed racism and hatred toward Minorities.

A man who has spoken about how unfairly minorities are treated before the law is the same one being accused of racism.

I want to see actual PROOF that he wrote those letters.

Say what you want to say, but I trust Ron Paul 100%. If his actions as a Congressman supported any claims of racism - might think twice.. But they do not.

Remember that saying "*Actions speak louder than words..."

Yep.

And that woman was not "asking him a questions" she asked it once and he answered. She asked twice and he answered. I have a very short temper myself and I would have probably lost it the 3rd time around.

Being accused of such thing when all you have done your whole political career was to try giving the power back to the people, people of all colors, creed in this country would make me go berserk!

Old 12-22-2011, 08:09 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,742,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
He has answered the same question over, and over, and over, and over.
As did Herman and look what happened to him. When is America going to wake up and realize that the left wing media picks the presidents now?
We may as well face up to the reality that Obama will serve another four years.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:15 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
As did Herman and look what happened to him. When is America going to wake up and realize that the left wing media picks the presidents now?

Yesterday I attempted to educate a couple people and was told to mind my own business.... And stop worrying about where this country is going.

Really? So. I should sit back and do nothing?

When did we become so preoccupied with our lives and put the well being of this nation in the back burner?

When did we become such cowards?

Old 12-22-2011, 08:17 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Question to all of you RP supporters in regards to the newsletters: Did he deny everything in the newsletters or just the ones about black people?

What sort of person lets people use their name and write things without reading them? Especially someone who supposedly has a positive reputation to uphold?
Maybe if you repeatedly ask Paul like Badgerer did, I mean
Borger did, you'll get the answers you want

Old 12-22-2011, 08:29 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Outside of the fact that your link to exhaustive debunking the fact remains, you put on a newsletter under your name, you are responsible for the content. Period.
He didn't have anything to do with the newsletters and he didn't put it out Period.

Quote:
For me it isn't enough to "disavow" those newsletters but to be clear and explicit why you disagree with what was published.
He has repeatedly done that very same thing.

Quote:
Further, it isn't enough to use the excuse that you were "too busy earning a living" to read what you published.
Since when does Ron Paul have to spend his day being concerned with something he wasn't involved in? Yea instead of delivering babies he should scour all the media looking to defend himself from a newsletter he hadn't been involved with for years.

Quote:
I'm willing to give Paul the benefit of the doubt, but as Ricky Ricardo would say, "you got a lot of plaining to do."
Instead of being uninformed and making comments why don't you do some research first. Anyone who has followed Ron Paul and doesn't have an agenda knows he isn't about what was said in the newsletters. He has said that also.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:35 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,950,522 times
Let's face it - Ron Paul is toast.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Rep. Ron Paul Gets Irked By Newsletter Questions, Walks Out Of CNN Interview | Mediaite

Did he really think this newsletter scandal wouldn't come up?

I hadn't heard of this until just recently, so a LOT of people will be asking questions that SHOULD be answered.

The obama campaign would have a field day with this.
I find it interesting CNN is playing the issue up by even bringing it up during an interview but the "so called right wing FOX" isn't touching it yet. What say you guys who are always attacking FOX as trying to ruin Paul?

Old 12-22-2011, 08:39 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Unlike you, I don't blindly accept whatever Ron Paul says.
Unlike you, I don't blindly accept whatever Trace21230 says. I look at his previous actions as well a the previous interviews CNn did earlier where he answered that very same question.

Quote:
Borger was right to press him on it, and his referring her to some other interview isn't good enough.
Why?

Quote:
He looked childish, mean-spirited and defensive.
Your posts are.

Quote:
That's not how people with nothing to hide act.
So instead of listening to his explanation which he has done multiple times and to the very same network and judging someone by their actions YOU decide to judge him on how he "appeared".
Style over substance YES WE CAN!

Old 12-22-2011, 08:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
“Maybe Republicans (should) ask themselves why does this 70-ish weird guy have all of this support?” - Tucker Carlson

He is closer to 80 than 70. He will be 77 at the time of the election.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections