Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2011, 08:42 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,280,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He is closer to 80 than 70. He will be 77 at the time of the election.

Nita
Who cares. Better an honest 80 year old, then a lying 50, 60, or 70 year old.

Newt is a liar.
Romney is a liar.
Obama is a liar.
And Ron Paul tells the truth.

That's the whole story and all you need to know this election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 08:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You haven't heard of this until recently? It's been around for 20 YEARS!

And don't you think that if you had to REPEATEDLY answer these ridiculous questions that you have already answered for 20 years!!!!!!! that you wouldn't get upset?

Much like those of us who have to repeatedly debunk the b.s. lies here on C-D and how annoying it becomes, and tedious and just plain out boring as hell, we've only been doing it for a couple of months.

This guy has been answering this question for 20 YEARS!

Where have you been that you haven't heard of these?
I follow politics pretty closely as does my husband and neither of us were aware of this until the past few days. I think, the only ones that find this old news are his supporters. His campaign was dead before it began in past elections so it wasn't an issue. This time it is on life support, but not dead yet.

Nita

KickAss, yesterday you tried to educate a few people you claim, has it occurred to you, it isn't your place to try and educate people who feel differently than you. Did they ask for your help?

Old 12-22-2011, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Let's face it - Ron Paul is toast.
Lets face it-- this post is BS.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:45 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
What do you mean "prove the slander"?

We're talking about HIS newsletter.
It wasn't his newsletter. He had nothing to do with it for years. How come you don't know that yet comment?

Quote:
It went out under HIS name and HE profited from it.
No he didn't

Quote:
That makes the content of those newsletters HIS responsibility and HE needs to come clean and answer every question he's asked about them.
He has multiple times, in the past few days to the very same CNN

Quote:
Not run away like a coward, which is exactly what he'd do in any serious foreign policy crisis if he were elected President.
The only cowards are the ones who sling garbage based on the fairy tale told by an unstable fired employee.
Good judgement there.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Who cares. Better an honest 80 year old, then a lying 50, 60, or 70 year old.

Newt is a liar.
Romney is a liar.
Obama is a liar.
And Ron Paul tells the truth.

That's the whole story and all you need to know this election.
It isn't a matter of who cares, I was just correcting the poster about his age, and you can think what you want...to you everyone except your God is a liar and up to no good, while Paul is pure as the driven snow.

Nita

Old 12-22-2011, 08:49 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,167,658 times
I would like to believe Ron Paul, but then I saw this

Paul's story changes on racial comments

"Paul told TheDallas Morning News in 1996 that the contents of his newsletters were accurate but needed to be taken in context. Wednesday, he told CNN he didn't write the newsletters and didn't know what was in them"

I like a lot of his stances, however, he has some views that dont measure up for me. He may have evolved since these newsletters, and I wish he would say my feelings have changed as opposed to strictly denying it, especially when he is on record owning the contents at one point.

Its funny to me that RP supporters get so offended when you dare question this, yet, everyone else is fair game...whats up with that?

I still dont know who I will support, I know it wont be gingrich, bachmann or santorum..they are all a bunch of warmongers!

Old 12-22-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
while Paul is pure as the driven snow.

Nita
^^This is true. If you believe this, why not jump on the bandwagon? (We still have room for freedom loving individuals here)

Old 12-22-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
I would like to believe Ron Paul, but then I saw this

Paul's story changes on racial comments

"Paul told TheDallas Morning News in 1996 that the contents of his newsletters were accurate but needed to be taken in context. Wednesday, he told CNN he didn't write the newsletters and didn't know what was in them"

I like a lot of his stances, however, he has some views that dont measure up for me. He may have evolved since these newsletters, and I wish he would say my feelings have changed as opposed to strictly denying it, especially when he is on record owning the contents at one point.

Its funny to me that RP supporters get so offended when you dare question this, yet, everyone else is fair game...whats up with that?

I still dont know who I will support, I know it wont be gingrich, bachmann or santorum..they are all a bunch of warmongers!
We aren't annoyed. Paul has answered this multiple times.
What does the media want?
Does he have to tattoo the answer to his forehead?

Old 12-22-2011, 08:55 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
I follow politics pretty closely as does my husband and neither of us were aware of this until the past few days. I think, the only ones that find this old news are his supporters. His campaign was dead before it began in past elections so it wasn't an issue. This time it is on life support, but not dead yet.

Nita
You and your husband do not follow politics closely. Only someone uninformed or has an agenda would say the person who is about to win Iowa and is in 2nd in the New Hampshire polls is on life support.

Quote:
KickAss, yesterday you tried to educate a few people you claim, has it occurred to you, it isn't your place to try and educate people who feel differently than you. Did they ask for your help?
How else are you going to learn?

Old 12-22-2011, 09:00 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,328,449 times
Ron Paul will always have a devoted, loyal following, but he will never sniff the light of day as a mainstream candidate. If he's lucky, he could be this year's Ross Perot and pick up a significant portion of the vote in a state like Texas or Arizona, but that would do nothing except ensure that Obama wins the White House.

It's not enough for Republicans to keep him from winning the party nomination. An even bigger fight that might loom ahead could be keeping him off the ballot in all key Republican states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections