U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 10:56 AM

20,017 posts, read 15,701,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Ugh, I wanted to rep you so many times in this thread, but can't.

And LOL at the topic. I personally don't think Fox does anything by accident. Like when they made a typo of "Obama Bin Laden".
Yup, it doesn't take a doctoral candidate statistician to know that when examining a sizable population, and the posterior probability is 100% towards one outcome, it's more than a "coincidence". I mean, even Cavuto walked off the reservation the other day. Hope his career isn't in jeopardy as a result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 11:16 AM

8,758 posts, read 8,850,756 times
Fox News has been doing this kind of thing all during this race. Here is a good one also:

Subliminal suggestion is not a new phenomenon. Believe me, Fox hates Romney every bit as much as they do Ron Paul...maybe more.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:18 AM

20,017 posts, read 15,701,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Fox News has been doing this kind of thing all during this race. Here is a good one also:

Subliminal suggestion is not a new phenomenon. Believe me, Fox hates Romney every bit as much as they do Ron Paul...maybe more.
Nothing wrong with Romney's picture in that attachment.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Nothing wrong with Romney's picture in that attachment.

Just like there is nothing wrong with showing him in both second and first place I guess.

You can whiine about Ron Paul being mistreated by the media all you want...it's not going to change. He is not the only candidate that gets that treatment by far.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:07 PM

8,012 posts, read 4,183,495 times
Oh that's fun! Don't forget, according to Fox News, Ron Paul does not actually exist!

He's Mitt Romney Jr apparently ...

Old 12-22-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Oh that's fun! Don't forget, according to Fox News, Ron Paul does not actually exist!

He's Mitt Romney Jr apparently ...

Fox News would prefer if Ron Paul and Mitt Romney didn't exist. They would love to just be able to cover Gingrich, Perry, ...and the rest of the flavors.

Isn't it interesting though, that as hard as they try to change people's perception, who is leading? There is only a small percentage of people who like to be told how to think and can't see past the manipulation. They are out there, but I don't think in the numbers Fox is counting on.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:40 PM

8,012 posts, read 4,183,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Fox News would prefer if Ron Paul and Mitt Romney didn't exist. They would love to just be able to cover Gingrich, Perry, ...and the rest of the flavors.

Isn't it interesting though, that as hard as they try to change people's perception, who is leading? There is only a small percentage of people who like to be told how to think and can't see past the manipulation. They are out there, but I don't think in the numbers Fox is counting on.
Excepting John Huntsman, all of them will get massacred in the general election vs Obama. For that reason, I think Fox is being cautious about writing off Mitt.

I just can't understand their extreme bias against Ron Paul. Did you notice how many times they just skipped over Paul in their sorry excuse for a debate? They went left to right asking each candidate a question in turn, but flat-out skipped Paul at least 8 times. Fine to disagree with the man, but why do they need to use such underhanded tricks? It makes it look like they're scared of what he has to say ...

Old 12-22-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Excepting John Huntsman, all of them will get massacred in the general election vs Obama. For that reason, I think Fox is being cautious about writing off Mitt.

I just can't understand their extreme bias against Ron Paul. Did you notice how many times they just skipped over Paul in their sorry excuse for a debate? They went left to right asking each candidate a question in turn, but flat-out skipped Paul at least 8 times. Fine to disagree with the man, but why do they need to use such underhanded tricks? It makes it look like they're scared of what he has to say ...

I agree, I try to see all sides of it. I don't like a lot of the disrespect they show Dr. Paul. I don't agree with him on a whole lot, but obviously he has his following. They are very disrespectful of several of the cadidates. Bachmann has gotten her share of it on there also.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:53 PM

9,365 posts, read 9,500,049 times
well I do hear people calling Romney Tow-Faced, never knew how true that was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or