U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 06:21 PM

21,886 posts, read 22,024,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Only Huntsman.
Me too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 06:51 PM

8,012 posts, read 4,183,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Their primary problem is their conservatism has become more about a sticking their heads up a woman's womb,
I'll never see eye to eye with liberals on the abortion issue since it's ultimately a question of two human beings and deciding which human's rights are more important than the other's. Much too loaded of a topic and it should never be simplified to "one person's rights." And efforts to dehumanize the unborn is just insane. That rhetoric sounds far too much like Adolf Hitler's belief that Jews were demons masquerading as humans. "It might seem human but don't be fooled. It isn't actually human."

Would be nice if the Dems weren't so stubbornly one-sided on this issue, it makes it hard to ever vote for them. The complete lack of any variety of opinions on the matter in the Dem party marks theirs as a party that is also all about mindlessly buying into the party line, just like Republicans.

But the GOP gets stupid on this issue too. Rape, incest, mother's life is in danger, other extreme circumstances = just cause for considering abortion IMHO. GOP's official party line for those cases: "Just shut up, suck it up and give birth anyways!" That's just crazy.

Quote:
and about being the doberman's that surround tax-free palaces to protect the ultra rich rather than being serious about getting our debt back in black.
Being raised by two very Republican parents, the notion that the GOP protects the rich and generally screws over the poor were supposedly fanciful delusional propaganda by Democrats. First thing I noticed was, if you look back over the years, every time minimum wage goes up, a Democrat is in office. But the real clincher was Microsoft. That company is a monopoly if ever there was one. The Clinton administration actively pursued the anti-trust case against them. Then Bush Jr took office and dropped the whole case like it was plague infested nuclear bomb. I think that was the finishing touch to me being completely disillusioned.

It's unfortunate that both parties are completely full of crap, it'd be nice to actually believe in our elected leaders sometime before I die.

Okay, getting off my soap box.

Old 12-23-2011, 06:53 PM

1,433 posts, read 993,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Obama won't lose .

But....Huntsman....

....who doesn't have a chance because Repugs like whackjobs and Huntsman actually has a brain and uses it....Repugs prefer adulterous unethical pigs like Newt and Hermie, a 2% like Mitten, nutjobs like Bachmann....
How very liberal of you. I can see the "acceptance" just shining through this post.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:44 PM

2,671 posts, read 2,797,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I'll never see eye to eye with liberals on the abortion issue since it's ultimately a question of two human beings and deciding which human's rights are more important than the other's. Much too loaded of a topic and it should never be simplified to "one person's rights." And efforts to dehumanize the unborn is just insane. That rhetoric sounds far too much like Adolf Hitler's belief that Jews were demons masquerading as humans. "It might seem human but don't be fooled. It isn't actually human."

Would be nice if the Dems weren't so stubbornly one-sided on this issue, it makes it hard to ever vote for them. The complete lack of any variety of opinions on the matter in the Dem party marks theirs as a party that is also all about mindlessly buying into the party line, just like Republicans.

Quote:
But the GOP gets stupid on this issue too. Rape, incest, mother's life is in danger, other extreme circumstances = just cause for considering abortion IMHO. GOP's official party line for those cases: "Just shut up, suck it up and give birth anyways!" That's just crazy.

I can agree with you here. My comment is not just about abortion. The very mention of womb, and many automatically get their anti-abortion antennae up. It's really about PREVENTING the need for abortion. This topic is so vitriolic I'd rather skip it, because neither side will relinquish. I still believe to ostracise Planned Parenthood, who mostly provides cancer screening and birth control at a lower costs is outrageous. It really makes me believe that republican men want women barefoot, pregnant and powerless. It would be nice if the other side weren't so tunnel visioned on this issue.

Being raised by two very Republican parents, the notion that the GOP protects the rich and generally screws over the poor were supposedly fanciful delusional propaganda by Democrats. First thing I noticed was, if you look back over the years, every time minimum wage goes up, a Democrat is in office. But the real clincher was Microsoft. That company is a monopoly if ever there was one. The Clinton administration actively pursued the anti-trust case against them. Then Bush Jr took office and dropped the whole case like it was plague infested nuclear bomb. I think that was the finishing touch to me being completely disillusioned.

Quote:
It's unfortunate that both parties are completely full of crap, it'd be nice to actually believe in our elected leaders sometime before I die.
Agreed! Most politicians are full of themselves and pretty much work for whoever made considerable donations to their campaigns. They throw us a bone once in awhile, but I believe they really work industry and special interests.

Okay, getting off my soap box.
LOL, I have to write something outside of the quote to post.

IMO, the democrats of today are too soft. They will/want to throw money at those of us who come from humble or challenged economic status, which often keeps the poor in a perpetual state of adolescence. Democrats tend to underestimate peoples' ability to achieve if they work for the desired goal, whether it's to calculate X number of algebra problems every night until the concept is understood, or whether it's the ability to learn or work at all. Democrats keep the bar so low for some people (poor people) that it's too easy to reach the bar.

Republicans place too much faith in the 'rich', or the job creators as they are referred to today. They seem to be sending most of the jobs overseas where they can pay 2 bucks a day to some person who is much worse off than the poor Americans. There are other things, of course, (like their horrific stance on the planet and environmental issues) but this is only C-D and it is Friday night.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:45 PM

10,783 posts, read 11,825,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
LMAO thats great! Obama could be the liberal Democrat poster child & you are here saying he's a Republican?
Beautiful & to think, you probably vote too. How about educateing us as to exactly what Republican typr policies he has enacted or what even remotely conservative stances he has taken?
Obama is a center/right wall street republican. Everything from giving even more bailouts to the big banks, caving and extending the horrific Bush tax cuts to the rich, giving into the GOP left and right making cuts to SS medicare, and other social programs while not touching the tax cuts to the rich, tax loopholes they keep abusing, handouts to big oil and other corporations etc,.. Keeping us in Afghanistan and Iraq, gitmo,..Obama is pretty much the third term of Bush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
You do know the difference between a tax & spend liberal & a small govt Conservative right? Or are you confused into thinking that somehow a shallow inexperienced junior democratic senator from a state that simply ignores the constitution & its peoples civil rights can be anything except a self centered Liberal Democrat.
I'm sure you know the difference between a small govt conservative, that has been out of existence for over 30 years, and the tax and spend like lunatics, anti-constitution extreme right that the current GOP/tea party exists of.
All the right wants to do is spend like lunatics on their corporate cronies and the wealthy, while trying to destroy the middle class and could give a damn about the budget.
Some people may want some kind of extreme right corporatist/fascist reign, but I sure as hell don't.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:46 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,533,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
How very liberal of you. I can see the "acceptance" just shining through this post.
You're right! Repugs are totally accepting of adulterous unethical pigs like Newt and Hermie, a 2% like Mitten, nutjobs like Bachmann....

It speaks so well of their "acceptance"...

Old 12-24-2011, 07:29 AM

11,102 posts, read 13,169,050 times
Quote:
You're right! Repugs are totally accepting of adulterous unethical pigs like Newt and Hermie, a 2% like Mitten, nutjobs like Bachmann....

the RWNJ's GOD only hates gays,but screwing around with the opposite sex is cool,stealing is fine with HIM or asking for forgiveness after getting nailed in an airport bathroom soliciting gay sex is acceptable to the RWNJ Jesus.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:30 AM

4,835 posts, read 4,812,331 times
Ron Paul and Ron Paul only according to the Libs I know.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:07 PM

1,433 posts, read 993,808 times
Quote:

LOL It isn't even worth arguing with hypocritical libs.

Liberals "accept" everyone for who they are, which is why you are using the word "repugs" right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or