Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 06:12 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,311,771 times

Advertisements

If you support any body but Gingrich and you are conservative, maybe this will give you reason to reconsider:

Why the establishment fears Newt Gingrich - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 07:17 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
If you support any body but Gingrich and you are conservative, maybe this will give you reason to reconsider:

Why the establishment fears Newt Gingrich - The Washington Post
The biggest reason to not support Gingrich is because the fact that he's a two time adulterer and that one of those times the wife he was cheating on was battling cancer. You don't have to go any further than that. He's unelectable. If the GOP is dumb enough to vote him in as their nominee, they're conceding defeat before the general election even starts.

Newt might be a gifted politician with a good head on his shoulders, but he can't beat Obama in a million years, just on the adultery issue alone.

And this isn't even broaching the fact that he's obnoxious, disliked and hated by a lot of people, and that not all of those people are the old, corrupt and comfortable old guard GOP. Newt's got a natural gift for saying things that offend lots of people.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:21 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,210,579 times
Because Gingrich is as nutty as Ron Paul or Herman Cain!

Old 12-23-2011, 08:00 PM

1,332 posts, read 994,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The biggest reason to not support Gingrich is because the fact that he's a two time adulterer and that one of those times the wife he was cheating on was battling cancer. You don't have to go any further than that. He's unelectable. If the GOP is dumb enough to vote him in as their nominee, they're conceding defeat before the general election even starts.

Newt might be a gifted politician with a good head on his shoulders, but he can't beat Obama in a million years, just on the adultery issue alone.

And this isn't even broaching the fact that he's obnoxious, disliked and hated by a lot of people, and that not all of those people are the old, corrupt and comfortable old guard GOP. Newt's got a natural gift for saying things that offend lots of people.
Yet you left wing dopes seemed to be able to overlook clinton's public infidelity and vote him in for 2 terms.

Funny how you *******s get all righteous and moral until it comes to yor candidates..init?

Old 12-23-2011, 08:31 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
There is a word they use a lot regarding Newt. Baggage! He has way to much of it to be electable. I really don't know why he is thought of as being so smart. So many many statements he has made during debates are lies when you check out the record. LYING is just not smart any way you want to look at it. Another thing about Newt, He must think the American people are really stupid. Here's an example. Two days ago he was saying that the House should approve the 2 month extension of the payroll taxbreak. Today he says they should not have done it. I mean, how can anyone take such stupidity.

He is a flip flopper of major porportions. He stands for nothing at all but for Himself.

Can you imagine him collecting millions from Franny for HISTORICAL work, LOL.
What a complete and utter liar. At the same time, saying Franny should be closed down. Well what is it Neut? Did they forget to pay you this month?

He talks about his being found guilty of ethics violations and the only speaker in the history of the nation to be fined $300,000 a partisan lynching. Does he not realize that the vote is a public record and most of his own party voted against him. Again he treats the people like they have no brain at all.

He left congress in disgrace and just what the heck is wrong with the American people to even consider such a one? There are over 300 million Americans and for a leader you scrape the bottom of ther barrel?????

I'm telling you the truth. In Canada if you leave the House of Commons in disgrace you might as well leave the country. No one is going to hire you, no one is going to be able to use you as a lobbiest. People will spit on you and your memory for being a disgrace to the country and the office. There is never any forgiveness or repect for you ever again. Maybe it's just Americans expect their leaders to be lying, self serving crooks and it does not bother them. Who knows, it makes no sence to me.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:33 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Yet you left wing dopes seemed to be able to overlook clinton's public infidelity and vote him in for 2 terms.

Funny how you *******s get all righteous and moral until it comes to yor candidates..init?
You ... think ... I'm ... a ... Democrat.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Thanks for that. Made my day. No candidates infidelity should be overlooked. Not Clinton's or anyone else's.

Okay, okay. News flash. Everyone who disagrees with you is not necessarily a Democrat. I very much want Barack Obama's sorry ass out of the White House ASAP. The man is sprinting us towards complete economic collapse and has barely even tried to deliver on campaign promises, whether you wanted him to or not.

Look I have enough brains in my head to know exactly how Gingrich vs Obama would look. It would be 95% about, "So you were screwing some **** on the side while your wife was potentially dying from cancer, is that correct Mr Gingrich? Considering that you were in the midst of your second adulterous affair at the time, did you feel that you were the right man to lead the charge on impeachment proceedings for President Clinton? Who was on top in most occasions Mr Gingrich? How frequently in any given week were you screwing your mistress and were you ever sleeping with two mistresses at once? Did you have sex with your mistress the day you voted to impeach Bill Clinton? Do you believe that your actions at the time reflected your very outspoken Christian based conservative values you supposedly have now? Can America trust you to not turn the White House into your own personal brothel?"

They might bring up issues now and then in between sessions of blasting Newt for disgracing himself and his supposed Christian values and conservatism.

I'm against Newt because I know Obama can beat him without much effort at all. I'm willing to accept that reality. Why isn't it obvious to you?

Old 12-23-2011, 09:33 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Oh, please! Newt IS the GOP establishment!

Old 12-24-2011, 09:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post

His past isn't going to stop too many from supporting him. What he did 20 to 30 years ago is over, it has never been a secret, it isn't like we are just hearing about him and many actually are looking past his personal indiscretions. You might also want to check on the cancer story: there have been some who say she had a tumor removed but it was not cancer. I don't know which is the truth, I doubt anyone will ever know: it is a he said/she said issue plus the divorce was coming way before she had health issues.

It seems like those who want to keep the story alive are either Ron Paul supporters or liberals. Most of the conservative Republicans will support or not support Newt based on other issues, not his personal life.
Nita

Old 12-24-2011, 09:34 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Because one turd has more polish on it than the other.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:43 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Uhhhhh, the column was written by an adviser to the Gingrich campaign. When you read an article in a big lib newspaper saying something out of whack for them, you have to see who wrote it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections