Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 02:48 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,674 times

Advertisements

People never declared Ron Paul to be our "messiah". Most of his policies are spot on, and he is a genuine, decent human being, unlike all the other candidates.

NEWS FLASH!!! Democrats and Republicans are the same, and have been this way for the last 30 years or so. They are simply greed opportunists who all have the same masters pulling the strings. Don't you guys realize the US is on its last legs? If we continue warmongering, it is absolutely all over!

The average US citizen is insignificant to the big wigs and all warmongering does is line their pockets. This MUST come to an end.

The fact that Romney has 40+ billionaires donating to his campaign, and the fact that Ron Paul has 0 billionaires should be an eye opener. Unfortunately many of you are blind, and nothing will change that. You want your government handouts and to be able to sit on your butts and continue living in your parent's basements.

Wake up, or lose the last of your freedom!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2011, 03:00 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Ron Paul is not the messiah you are looking for, anymore than was Obama... There isn't a candidate out there right now that is worth a damn. I will vote for whoever the GOP nominee is, irrespective of whether I think that person is the right candidate.. I know Obama is the wrong candidate and he must go and go now
By doing that you're essentially rewarding the GOP for offering yet another pathetic candidate. If voters keep rewarding political parties for their failures to promote quality candidates that actually represent the values of their constituents there is no incentive for the parties to change.

Even if you win the battle by replacing Obama with a Republican (that essentially shares the same values as his predecessor) you lose the war for regaining a truly representative government. Party over principle only benefits the party. The rest of the nation suffers as a result of it.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:08 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
The only people who aren't sick of the wars are those who make money off of those wars while people die and Republicans who think that if you are a veteran, who served your country, but support Ron Paul, you are "yellow liver", "an idiot" and your service was "an embarrassment".

Unfortunately, I think there are more of those types in this country than those who want to figure out a way to work with diplomacy.

Old 12-25-2011, 05:57 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
People never declared Ron Paul to be our "messiah". Most of his policies are spot on, and he is a genuine, decent human being, unlike all the other candidates.

NEWS FLASH!!! Democrats and Republicans are the same, and have been this way for the last 30 years or so. They are simply greed opportunists who all have the same masters pulling the strings. Don't you guys realize the US is on its last legs? If we continue warmongering, it is absolutely all over!

The average US citizen is insignificant to the big wigs and all warmongering does is line their pockets. This MUST come to an end.

The fact that Romney has 40+ billionaires donating to his campaign, and the fact that Ron Paul has 0 billionaires should be an eye opener. Unfortunately many of you are blind, and nothing will change that. You want your government handouts and to be able to sit on your butts and continue living in your parent's basements.

Wake up, or lose the last of your freedom!
Yes, Ron Paul may be all those things....but can he LEAD? Does he know how to bend Congress to his will?

Remember, Barack Obama is a genuine, decent human being too, but he's never learned to wield the power of his office to accomplish what he wants. The opposition, members of his own party, influential people outside of government and members of his own staff have cut the legs out from under him since day one. They did it to Jimmy Carter too and he too was a genuine, decent human being.

The President we need must be like Barack Obama or Ron Paul, but have the tenacity and brutal instincts of Sam Rayburn or Lyndon Johnson. If he's not up for the game of Washington Hardball, he'll be just another failure, another snack for the powerful elites who will maneuver him right out of town and go right on doing what they want. Frankly, I don't see any candidate, in either party, who fits that bill. All I see is a bunch of preening peacocks with no guts, no soul, no spine.

Teddy Roosevelt! Where are you when we need you!

Old 12-25-2011, 06:07 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Yes, Ron Paul may be all those things....but can he LEAD? Does he know how to bend Congress to his will?

Remember, Barack Obama is a genuine, decent human being too, but he's never learned to wield the power of his office to accomplish what he wants. The opposition, members of his own party, influential people outside of government and members of his own staff have cut the legs out from under him since day one. They did it to Jimmy Carter too and he too was a genuine, decent human being.

The President we need must be like Barack Obama or Ron Paul, but have the tenacity and brutal instincts of Sam Rayburn or Lyndon Johnson. If he's not up for the game of Washington Hardball, he'll be just another failure, another snack for the powerful elites who will maneuver him right out of town and go right on doing what they want. Frankly, I don't see any candidate, in either party, who fits that bill. All I see is a bunch of preening peacocks with no guts, no soul, no spine.

Teddy Roosevelt! Where are you when we need you!
Sorry, you lost me at the "Obama is a decent human being" part. Anyone who supports the Patriot Act, and signing the NDAA bill are FARRRRR from being a decent human being. He also lied out of his teeth concerning all the things he promised coming into office. What a joke.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:09 PM

1,707 posts, read 6,210,579 times
Holy crap. One of them has escaped and is posting insanity here on the forum.

RUN AWAY!

Old 12-25-2011, 06:33 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
Quote:
Sorry, you lost me at the "Obama is a decent human being" part. Anyone who supports the Patriot Act, and signing the NDAA bill are FARRRRR from being a decent human being. He also lied out of his teeth concerning all the things he promised coming into office. What a joke.
Obama is just a man, not a three-headed devil, no matter what right-wing talking heads say. He's no more perfect than you and I, but he's not a monster.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:38 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Obama is just a man, not a three-headed devil, no matter what right-wing talking heads say. He's no more perfect than you and I, but he's not a monster.
I'd argue that his lust for power and willingness to do or say whatever is necessary to get and retain that power (the same could be said of the vast majority of other politicians regardless of party) elevates them to a higher level of evil than the average citizen.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:55 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
EXACTLY right...the NDAA was the last straw for me.

Old 12-25-2011, 08:05 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Don't forget that the whole world is watching us people, and they are waiting for us to carry the torch and continue the American tradition of resisting government corruption ... This election is more important that many people may know, it will send a message to the rest of the world about who and what America represents for the next four years to come ...

With all of the crisis going on major shifts of power are happening all over the world, and it is important that we elect the right person for the job, the one who can best lead our nation in the next very critical few years and who will make the right decisions that will secure our future both in the world abroad and here at home. We need a mature and reasonable voice of strength and compassion, of justice and temperance, of humility and patience.

In the coming years as we weather the crisis even now looming on the horizon and struggle to repair the economy here at home, we need someone who will work hard to defend our personal liberties and to keep the men and women in our government who seem determined to strip us all of our God given rights, and on utterly destroying what is left of our sovereign nation and of the founding documents that guarantee our freedom and security.

Vote Conscience, vote Freedom and Peace, vote America, vote Ron Paul 2012 ...
In addition we need all or at least 3/4 of Congress to be populated with people like that. One person isn't going to do it. We also need to get RID of the computerized voting machines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections