Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 01:26 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,900,150 times

Advertisements

Like they say "tried the rest and now the best". It looks like the party is finally finding sanity and turning from the disaster it was about to engage in with Gingrich, Paul and Bachman. It looks like we have finally decided that winning and saving our country from disaster is more important than a right wing radical agenda.

New poll shows Romney momentum is building in Iowa - Newark Monmouth County Conservative | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 01:38 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,797,966 times
Insane means trying the same thing over and over, repeatedly failing, and expecting different results. Romney is Obama lite. You will get the same results as Obama. More bailouts, more war, more spending, more eroding of fundamental American rights. A vote for Romney is a continued vote for the fascist regime currently in power. How people can not see that is what is truly insane.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:42 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,881,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
Like they say "tried the rest and now the best". It looks like the party is finally finding sanity and turning from the disaster it was about to engage in with Gingrich, Paul and Bachman. It looks like we have finally decided that winning and saving our country from disaster is more important than a right wing radical agenda.

New poll shows Romney momentum is building in Iowa - Newark Monmouth County Conservative | Examiner.com
He sure won't be getting my vote.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:43 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Insane means trying the same thing over and over, repeatedly failing, and expecting different results. Romney is Obama lite. You will get the same results as Obama. More bailouts, more war, more spending, more eroding of fundamental American rights. A vote for Romney is a continued vote for the fascist regime currently in power. How people can not see that is what is truly insane.
Agreed.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:49 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,711,133 times
This one's been mentioned before. What we're seeing is the PPP poll saying Ron Paul is up by 3%, the Rassmussen poll showing Romney up by 5%. Several less known polls all showing Ron Paul with a slight lead. Newt is trending downwards but is still pretty close in 3rd place.

Romney is going to be touring Iowa next week. It's possible that puts him over the top in Iowa, but even if it doesn't he wasn't expecting to win Iowa and has already planned around losing it. I don't think he's paid enough attention to Iowa to win.

Whichever order they land in, if Paul and Romney are 1st and 2nd in Iowa, it's good news for both candidates, win or lose. I think Paul wins it and sends panic through the GOP ranks, LOL.

Old 12-24-2011, 01:59 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,003,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Exactly. If I wanted another 4yrs of Obama/Bush/Clinton policies I'd vote for Obama. Romney is just another iteration of Obama with an R following his name.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:04 PM

127 posts, read 83,360 times
Romney is the white Obama. The Republican Bill Clinton. I can't believe the neocons actually support this guy. Romney wrote Obamacare.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:07 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,003,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonBlack View Post
Romney is the white Obama. The Republican Bill Clinton. I can't believe the neocons actually support this guy. Romney wrote Obamacare.
Neocons will happily support anyone their party says they should support. They're no different from the rabid Democrats that allow a politician's party affiliation to blind them to the many flaws and failings of their chosen candidates.

Devout partisans are a cancer to the health of this nation.

Last edited by outbacknv; 12-24-2011 at 02:20 PM..

Old 12-24-2011, 02:28 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,667,461 times
Mitt Romney's approval rating by the time he left the Mass State House was at 34%.

Job creation in this state was almost nonexistent. We were ranked 47th in job creation in the country.

Yes, that is exactly what we need in the White House. A Republican Obama.. Same BS but with an R next to it.

But the same hypocrites who bash the fool in the White House seem to think it is okay for Mitt to have such a horrible record just because he is a Republican. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Mitt Romney's flip floping makes John Kerry look like a saint.

Then you ***** about Obama's lies as if Romney were any better.

You fools never learn.

Old 12-24-2011, 06:29 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,379,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post

I don't think Romney's assencion has anything to do with Romney- he's the same jackass he's always been. It's just that the alternatives are drying up.

The Machine wants Romney, that is clear. He's getting all the establishment endorsements, and 100's of millions in Citizens United money to carpet-bomb his opponenets with negative ads that he can claim he had nothing to do with.

My family is 3/4 Republican, and I live in one of California's last conservative districts. NO ONE I know likes or supports Mitt Romney, not ONE PERSON.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections