U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-26-2011, 03:01 PM

4,247 posts, read 2,146,100 times

Advertisements

The hatred and fear of this man is amazing particularly in light of the fact that the only 'trash' they can dig-up is ghost written articles with Ron Paul's name on the News Letters. Letters that have been succinctly answered dozens of times. The context of each quote used to smear him also being taken out of context not just grammatically but historically.

Fact Sheet: PaulNewslettersFaq_Tunk (http://www.scribd.com/doc/76280303/PaulNewslettersFaq-Tunk - broken link)

Here is an article from 2008 Why the Beltway Libertarians Are Trying to Smear Ron Paul - Taki's Magazine

And a follow up 2011 by the same author We Shall Overcome by Justin Raimondo -- Antiwar.com (http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2011/12/20/we-shall-overcome/ - broken link).

If anyone really wants some insights into the history and context of this smear then they will at least read these and hopefully the links within. I don't agree with everything Ron says but it is obvious that this is way out of hand.

Frankly, anybody who does not is a waste of time in discussing this issue further.

The idocy of people.

Last edited by Shiloh1; 12-26-2011 at 04:16 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2011, 03:18 PM

11,720 posts, read 4,523,264 times
Just curious -were you OK with the other smears of Cain, Newt, Perry, and Bachmann? I would think you should have expected this.

This is why, while the candidates on the right have their differences, they (and all other interested parties) need to realize who the real adversary is.

Old 12-26-2011, 04:14 PM

10,263 posts, read 5,620,419 times
Just curious or just deflecting?

Old 12-26-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Just curious -were you OK with the other smears of Cain, Newt, Perry, and Bachmann? I would think you should have expected this.

This is why, while the candidates on the right have their differences, they (and all other interested parties) need to realize who the real adversary is.
I am never OK with half truths, lies, misrepresentations, out of context quotes, inferences, generalizations, chracter assasination, guilt by association, etc., etc. The fact that people are so quick and willing to jump on board such tactics and fallacies is frankly pathetic and shows the depth of bias and inclination towards ruining someone for the sake of their political egos. The journalistic - so-called - media and talk radio hacks who portray objectivity have no credibility when it comes to characterizing the truth around people and issues that they desparately fear and want removed. This is clearly seen in Ron Paul's case. That fact that so many people on here have zero abiltiy to think and research the issue is part of the reason we have leaders that are parasitic criminals who by legal plunder screw everyone including their supporters.

Any other curiosities?

Old 12-26-2011, 04:20 PM

179 posts, read 58,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I am never OK with half truths, lies, misrepresentations, out of context quotes, inferences, generalizations, chracter assasination, guilt by association, etc., etc. The fact that people are so quick and willing to jump on board such tactics and fallacies is frankly pathetic and shows the depth of bias and inclination towards ruining someone for the sake of their political egos. The journalistic - so-called - media and talk radio hacks who portray objectivity have no credibility when it comes to characterizing the truth around people and issues that they desparately fear and want removed. This is clearly seen in Ron Paul's case. That fact that so many people on here have zero abiltiy to think and research the issue is part of the reason we have leaders that are parasitic criminals who by legal plunder screw everyone including their supporters.

Any other curiosities?
I have researched it plenty, much to your and other's chagrin. Guess you missed that this was bought up to him 4 years ago? So...it was an unnamed staffer and a autopen signature that is to blame? More importantly, did he ever return the money? And what about a public statement disavowing such, not in print media, but on a so-called "lame stream media" outlet? Daylight is such a wonderful thing..the roaches fear the light. Ron Paul - OWN IT!!!

Old 12-26-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farseeker2 View Post
I have researched it plenty, much to your and other's chagrin.
I doubt that - you can not even read the OP how I am to believe you can research anything.

Quote:
Guess you missed that this was bought up to him 4 years ago?
No! You missed that I posted an article that was from almost 4 years ago and a fact sheet that went even furhter back - DUH!

Quote:
So...it was an unnamed staffer and a autopen signature that is to blame? More importantly, did he ever return the money? And what about a public statement disavowing such, not in print media, but on a so-called "lame stream media" outlet? Daylight is such a wonderful thing..the roaches fear the light. Ron Paul - OWN IT!!!
Read the fact sheet - EINSTEIN!

Old 12-26-2011, 04:45 PM

179 posts, read 58,865 times
Quote:
I doubt that - you can not even read the OP how I am to believe you can research anything.

No! You missed that I posted an article that was from almost 4 years ago and a fact sheet that went even furhter back - DUH!

Read the fact sheet - EINSTEIN!
Nah, I don't care about if you researched it or not. His views were expressed when he first ran for congress. Einstein was bipolar, I'm not.. Ron Paul - OWN IT!!!

Old 12-26-2011, 04:48 PM

19,556 posts, read 12,180,214 times
Whatever we do,lets not discuss actual issues and problems facing this nation.

No wonder the USA is circling the bowl.

Old 12-26-2011, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farseeker2 View Post
Nah, I don't care about if you researched it or not. His views were expressed when he first ran for congress. Einstein was bipolar, I'm not.. Ron Paul - OWN IT!!!
Typical rebutal - NADA!!!

Old 12-26-2011, 05:03 PM

10,263 posts, read 5,620,419 times
Quote:
Typical rebutal - NADA!!!
Maybe he meant, when he said he "researched it", that he watched:

ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, FOX and MSNBC!

There! All bases covered! Right!?

An issue is not fully researched if you dismiss articles that have been written about that issue, (aside from blog opinions and wikipeida, that is).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections