Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 11:34 AM

958 posts, read 2,621,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
shows how little you raally know: Perry really was a contender before Christie and many of us are not Newt supporters, we just find it interesting that CNN would run with a story like this or that someone clerk would have information that could damage him for many years to come. Sealed files are exactly that, sealed!!! There is reason for this.

Nita
Did I say Perry wasn't a contender at any point? Not at all. He's not much of a contender any more.

I didn't say a word about the sealed files. It was more of a general comment on the pathetic group of candidates out there. Sounds to me like you're taking what I said personally.

Funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2011, 12:32 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
This story was pretty much public knowledge when it happened. I was fairly young and I remembered most of it from then. My mother, who was more politically aware at the time, remembered it all. At the time, the division between Democrats and Republicans made today look like they all get along famously.

I knew the story had gotten a revamp for this election cycle by the younger daughter. The older daughter wrote a book that was not so kind to Newt before his running for President. The story of the First Baptist Church having to make up a love offering and take the wife and girls food was definitely true. Newt pretty much left them penniless for a few months. The wife did have to take him to court to get any help and they garnished his house paycheck to be sure it was paid timely.

Talk about commercial opportunities...can you see the deadbeat dad ones on Newt?

The fact that he left his children with nothing to take care of them really irks me. He was not a young father without a good job either. This was a grown man with a good income and supposedly one of the prominent leaders of our country.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
Did I say Perry wasn't a contender at any point? Not at all. He's not much of a contender any more.

I didn't say a word about the sealed files. It was more of a general comment on the pathetic group of candidates out there. Sounds to me like you're taking what I said personally.

Funny.
No, if I took any of this personally I would probably lie awake all night and I, normally am a very good sleeper. Actually it sounds more to me like you just basically don't like Republicans..you don't care who they are, just blast them away as fast as you can.

Nita

Old 12-28-2011, 09:59 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
Quote:
No, if I took any of this personally I would probably lie awake all night and I, normally am a very good sleeper. Actually it sounds more to me like you just basically don't like Republicans..you don't care who they are, just blast them away as fast as you can.

Nita
I'm a Republican and I agree with English Cream.

Having said that, it is because of this mess of crap we have running for the candidacy and the very idea that anyone on the Right would support them is why I will be LEAVING this party when this is over.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm a Republican and I agree with English Cream.

Having said that, it is because of this mess of crap we have running for the candidacy and the very idea that anyone on the Right would support them is why I will be LEAVING this party when this is over.
you are leaving the party, that is your choice, but English Cream, from his/her comments is not and never has been a Republican. That is the difference. This is not meant to insult anyone, it is just a fact; some people do not like anyone afiliated with another party. this always amazes me. We can agree to disagree without tearing people or candidates to pieces.

Nita

Old 12-28-2011, 04:39 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Newly recovered court files cast doubt on Gingrich version of first divorce - CNN.com

Carrollton, Georgia (CNN) -- Newt Gingrich claims that it was his first wife, not Gingrich himself, who wanted their divorce in 1980, but court documents obtained by CNN appear to show otherwise.

After initially being told that the divorce documents were sealed, CNN on Thursday obtained the folder containing the filings in the divorce, which had been stashed away for years in a Carroll County, Georgia, court clerk's drawer. [MOD CUT/copyright]
Ah! The internet. The truth shall set us free!
Oh I'm sure we can trust anything Newtsie, The Philandering Pig says!

(I wonder why he was fined $300,00.00 by the ethics committee??)

The Repugs have outdone themselves on their FLIP FLOP...They say " We hate cheaters/no, we love cheaters....""

FLIP FLOP

Now the Repugs want Newtsie's wh--e as First Lady of the United States....have they NO morals or ethics or moral compass or FAMILY VALUES or christian decency...?????

Guess not....

Old 12-30-2011, 07:43 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Why? Why don't Repugs want to discuss Newt's screwing around?

They wanted to burn Clinton alive for his philandering.....now they want to vote for a cheating scumbag...

Have they had to lower their standards since there's not too much in the way of popular Republican leaders WHO COULD WIN???

Looks like it....

Old 12-30-2011, 07:58 AM

958 posts, read 2,621,472 times
Quote:

Nita
As fast as I can eh? No, I just like to point out hypocrisy. From those on this board jumping from one candidate to another, to hypocritical scum like Newt, the ethically challenged serial philanderer.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh I'm sure we can trust anything Newtsie, The Philandering Pig says!

(I wonder why he was fined $300,00.00 by the ethics committee??)

The Repugs have outdone themselves on their FLIP FLOP...They say " We hate cheaters/no, we love cheaters....""

FLIP FLOP

Now the Repugs want Newtsie's wh--e as First Lady of the United States....have they NO morals or ethics or moral compass or FAMILY VALUES or christian decency...?????

Guess not....

I love the GOP hypocrisy on Newt and his inability to keep his promises to his various wives.

They use the bible as support for their relentless gay bashing, but conveniently ignore what the bible says about people like Newt and his current skank wife.

If the bible thumpers that make up a large part of the GOP actually treated the entire bible as a definitive source of god's intent and not just the parts they agree with, Newt and his current fembot ***** would have been stoned to death long ago. Instead, the hypocritical religious conservatives want to make him President.

Old 12-30-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I love the GOP hypocrisy on Newt and his inability to keep his promises to his various wives.

They use the bible as support for their relentless gay bashing, but conveniently ignore what the bible says about people like Newt and his current skank wife.

If the bible thumpers that make up a large part of the GOP actually treated the entire bible as a definitive source of god's intent and not just the parts they agree with, Newt and his current fembot ***** would have been stoned to death long ago. Instead, the hypocritical religious conservatives want to make him President.
What makes you say Republicans use the bible to gay bash? How many Republicans do you know that do this? Do you know any Log Cabin Republicans? You are lumping an entire party together because of a few over jealist evengelical people. Even within my own family, we have gays, atheists, agnostics, Jews and Christains. They range in age from 24 to 75 and guess what, with the exception of 2 people they are all hard core Republicans. We also have friends that are conservative but would never judge a person because of his/her sexual orientation. We discussed the subect of gays and lesbians at our church food bank today while we were doing volunteer work. And yes, I do know some Bible Thumpers who blast gays as well, but don't assume Republicans and Bible thumpers are the same thing.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections