Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 12:21 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,915,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What makes you say Republicans use the bible to gay bash? How many Republicans do you know that do this? Do you know any Log Cabin Republicans? You are lumping an entire party together because of a few over jealist evengelical people. Even within my own family, we have gays, atheists, agnostics, Jews and Christains. They range in age from 24 to 75 and guess what, with the exception of 2 people they are all hard core Republicans. We also have friends that are conservative but would never judge a person because of his/her sexual orientation. We discussed the subect of gays and lesbians at our church food bank today while we were doing volunteer work. And yes, I do know some Bible Thumpers who blast gays as well, but don't assume Republicans and Bible thumpers are the same thing.

Nita
You are known by the company you keep. Every top tier Republican presidential candidate is rabidly anti-gay, if they weren't they wouldn't have a chance at becoming the GOP nominee. In the case of nutjobs like Santorum and Bachmann the hatred runs so deep that it defines their entire persona. As long as Republicans continue to support and vote for bigots and homophobes, that is what the party will be associated with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 12:28 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,136,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I love the GOP hypocrisy on Newt and his inability to keep his promises to his various wives.

They use the bible as support for their relentless gay bashing, but conveniently ignore what the bible says about people like Newt and his current skank wife.

If the bible thumpers that make up a large part of the GOP actually treated the entire bible as a definitive source of god's intent and not just the parts they agree with, Newt and his current fembot ***** would have been stoned to death long ago. Instead, the hypocritical religious conservatives want to make him President.
True...and the post after your #19 proves MY point that Republicans just cannot face facts or even discuss Newt's lax morals....

Old 12-30-2011, 12:58 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,246,292 times
Quote:
What makes you say Republicans use the bible to gay bash?
You obviously haven't read any of the gay threads here.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:23 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,630,475 times
Quote:
You are known by the company you keep. Every top tier Republican presidential candidate is rabidly anti-gay, if they weren't they wouldn't have a chance at becoming the GOP nominee. In the case of nutjobs like Santorum and Bachmann the hatred runs so deep that it defines their entire persona. As long as Republicans continue to support and vote for bigots and homophobes, that is what the party will be associated with.
Lets look at it this way, that is, if you can get your head out of the sand: Santoum couldn't even get re-elected when he ran a second time and Bachmann represents a small part of the party in a small community or district. This is like saying, look at Paul, he must be someone the party supports cause he is an elected rep. He too, comes from a small district and doesn't even represent most of Texas. As for top tier Republican candidates, do you know what top teir means? If you did you would not make a statement like that, the top tier candidates, at this minute, are not Bachmann, or Santorum.

Nita

Old 12-30-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
You obviously haven't read any of the gay threads here.
No and why would I? This is not saying most gays support Newt, heck most people do not support him, including me, but to think most Republicans are anti gay is just plain off the wall. I don't care what group we are discussing, you can't realistically throw an entire secment into one catagory.

Lumping all Republicans as anti gay would be like lumping all atheists as bad people or immoral.

Nita

Old 12-30-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
True...and the post after your #19 proves MY point that Republicans just cannot face facts or even discuss Newt's lax morals....
Since when did I indicate I approve of Newt's morals? I certainly do not.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:05 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,915,430 times
Quote:
Lets look at it this way, that is, if you can get your head out of the sand: Santoum couldn't even get re-elected when he ran a second time and Bachmann represents a small part of the party in a small community or district. This is like saying, look at Paul, he must be someone the party supports cause he is an elected rep. He too, comes from a small district and doesn't even represent most of Texas. As for top tier Republican candidates, do you know what top teir means? If you did you would not make a statement like that, the top tier candidates, at this minute, are not Bachmann, or Santorum.

Nita
OK, name one GOP presidential candidate that supports equal rights for gays.

Be honest, could anyone win the GOP primaries and become the nominee that supported the repeal of DADT, DOMA and/or support gay marriage at the state level?

I have watched the debates and seen a steady escalation of the anti-gay bigotry as they clamor for the votes of the bigots that make up the GOP base. Perry is a prime example, he has recently decided to go full retard on the social conservative stuff.

Sorry, but your chosen party is primarily composed of racists, bigots and their more moderate enablers.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:02 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,136,853 times
Quote:
Since when did I indicate I approve of Newt's morals? I certainly do not.
I NEVER posted that you approve of Newt's lack of morals.

Funny how Republicans can't even mention or discuss Newt's total lack of morals....

Old 12-31-2011, 06:28 AM

45,522 posts, read 27,126,164 times
Thread title - Newt has told a lie or two over the years!

My response - So what... they all lie. I have lied. You have lied.

Who is the candidate that has not lied - right or left - today or forever in history? Nobody.

News flash - Every one has voted, or will vote, for a candidate that has lied at some point in their political or personal life.

So who do you trust? Yourself. I am not going to lie to myself. You won't lie to yourself. So I will vote for whomever gives me the most power to run my life and support myself and my family.

When you trust in politicans to support you - you are trusting in liars.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
OK, name one GOP presidential candidate that supports equal rights for gays.

Be honest, could anyone win the GOP primaries and become the nominee that supported the repeal of DADT, DOMA and/or support gay marriage at the state level?

I have watched the debates and seen a steady escalation of the anti-gay bigotry as they clamor for the votes of the bigots that make up the GOP base. Perry is a prime example, he has recently decided to go full retard on the social conservative stuff.

Sorry, but your chosen party is primarily composed of racists, bigots and their more moderate enablers.
What do you call supporting equal rights for gays? Are you talking marriage? If you are, there are none and Obama does not support gay marriage either, nor does our gay foster daughter and her partner. They feel marriage is a religious ceremony between a man and woman...This certainly is not saying there are no Republicans that are anti gay or anti blacks, etc. What I am saying, which you obviously just can't understand is: you can not lump any group together.

You might be able to debate better with me if you didn't keep jumping from one subject to another or should we say one candidate? First you talk about top tier, of which Bachmann and Santorum are not, now you are talking about Perry, which also is not, in the top tier...Then you refer to Republicans as being bigots and racists, but I am not sure what being a racist has to do with gays? I am confused to what any of this has to do with the original thread which talks about Newt telling lies? Obviously some of us can debate and discuss subjects, but you are not among them. I think I will consentrate on those who can see more than one side to a story.

Nita

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections