Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 04:53 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,458,627 times

Advertisements

You don't need an "ex-aid" to tell you that.
And its not even a question of Ron Paul being right or wrong. The only question is if his suggestions can be agreed upon and implemented in Washington, or will his approach lead to the shut down of US government. Needless to say (he may admit it himself) he lacks diplomatic and negotiating skills.
Another question is what will happen world-wide once America pulls out of every arena and loses interest everywhere. Paul himself cannot answer these questions, resuming himself to saying that its better for the future, (and not realizing that there may not be any future with his solutions).
That being said, he demonstrates that we can look at things from a different perspective and some of ideas are interesting. Personally, I cannot listen to other republican candidates when debating, but I still listen to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I'd probably be a Ron Paul supporter if it weren't for his views on foreign policy.

They just scare the crap out of me.
You mean not having the USA stick it's nose(and military) into other nation's affairs?

Or dealing with all nations in a fair and equitable manner?

I think invading and attacking other nations is truly the way to make other people love us....

4,991 posts, read 4,504,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I agree with all the statements above. (I don't think the U.S. authorities knew of the 9/11 attacks, but of course they "may have.")
Nice, so you'd let Hitler take over the entire Eastern Hemisphere while exterminating millions on the way AND not go after those responsible for 9-11. Glad I skipped Isolationism 101.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:55 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,585,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
"Ron Paul is not having the best holiday season. First the media discovered racist, anti-Semitic newsletters that went out under Paul’s name in the 1970s, ‘80s and ‘90s. Then the New York Times did a story about the support Paul draws from white supremacists and anti-Semites.

Now there’s former Paul staffer Eric Dondero purporting to describe the ins and outs of Paul’s positions on everything from Israel (it shouldn’t exist) to Hitler (we shouldn’t have fought him) to 9/11 (U.S. authorities may have known about the attacks) to Afghanistan (we shouldn’t have invaded). He calls Paul’s foreign policy “sheer lunacy.”

Ex-Aide: Ron Paul Foreign Policy is 'Sheer Lunacy' - Yahoo! News

I've said this many times, very little of what Ron Paul calls policy is practical and some things appear down right crazy. I have no idea how any sane individual could support this guy.
So now it's news when some guy gets fired and wants to stick it to his old boss?

Old 12-27-2011, 04:55 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Nice, so you'd let Hitler take over the entire Eastern Hemisphere while exterminating millions on the way AND not go after those responsible for 9-11. Glad I skipped Isolationism 101.
Except Paul isn't an isolationist(not a bad thing) and the USA(under the leadership of your hero FDR) DID let Hitler overrun all of Europe....

Old 12-27-2011, 04:57 PM

515 posts, read 716,579 times
Quote:
I haven't heard Paul disputing any of this. Maybe we'll get to see him run away from another interview.

He isn't. Ron Paul's the crazy old grumpy guy at the mall who long's for years gone by.
a) He didn't "run away" from anything. Never has, never will.

b) Dr Paul even knows the correct use of apostrophes so he's one up on you in the use of basic English.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:57 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,585,474 times
Quote:
You do realize that, even after we finally got involved, the Germans were going to win that war right up until Hitler lost his mind and broke the non-aggression pact with Russia, right?

We went into that battle and got our asses handed to us under the Russians came charging in. It was a tactical mistake to take the fight to the Germans. So no, going over there, with all the information present at the time, was a mistake. I know it doesn't exactly jive with what they like to teach in History here in America where the cowboys came riding in on golden missiles and saved the day, but that's how it went down.

And now look at it: Thanks to, in large part, our modern-day foreign policies of interfering where we have no business, Germany STILL ended up taking over Europe, though this time they've done it without firing a single shot.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
Not sure it went down that way.

Uncut Ron Paul Interview - CNN Gloria Borger - YouTube

Ron Paul Newsletter FAQ (http://www.scribd.com/doc/76280303/PaulNewslettersFaq-Tunk# - broken link)
Uh, Ron Paul still looks ridiculous. He's blaming her for what was in HIS NEWSLETTER before abruptly ending the conversation.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:01 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Millions did get exterminated in the Eastern Hemisphere because we helped the Stalin's Communists beat the Hitler's fascists. What did we get out of the deal? 400,000 dead, and the responsibility for being the world's cop. **** that deal.

When you manage to understand that, you will understand why Ron Paul is still #1 in Iowa.

Old 12-27-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
a) He didn't "run away" from anything. Never has, never will.

b) Dr Paul even knows the correct use of apostrophes so he's one up on you in the use of basic English.
a) He ran as soon as the questions got tough.

b) Paul doesn't even know what's in HIS NEWSLETTER..So who knows'' if'' he''' kn'ows ho'w to u'se apos'trop'es.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
You do realize that, even after we finally got involved, the Germans were going to win that war right up until Hitler lost his mind and broke the non-aggression pact with Russia, right?

We went into that battle and got our asses handed to us under the Russians came charging in. It was a tactical mistake to take the fight to the Germans. So no, going over there, with all the information present at the time, was a mistake. I know it doesn't exactly jive with what they like to teach in History here in America where the cowboys came riding in on golden missiles and saved the day, but that's how it went down.

And now look at it: Thanks to, in large part, our modern-day foreign policies of interfering where we have no business, Germany STILL ended up taking over Europe, though this time they've done it without firing a single shot.
There are a lot of unsupported claims going on ^^^^ up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections