Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 02:45 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Name one that did.
He is the only Congressman that returned money to the coffers every year.

Ron Paul returns over $140,000 to the U.S. Treasury | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

He is also the only one that is in it for love of country and not power to dictate. His salary will be $39,000 instead of 400,000. Who else is willing to do that?
I'd have to call BS ON that one, Sherrod Brown has "returned" every penny of the cost of the congressional health care insurance he declined for 18 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 02:47 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
You denying the evidence that we ALL see with our own eyes doesn't make it go away, there are over 20 years of newsletters out there. In 1996 Paul took credit for writing them. Maybe those racist views is what attracted Stormfront support,

How is it that every single person that used to work for Paul turns up as a lunatic once they spill their guts on paul. Has Paul surrounded himself with crazy lunatics or is there truth to their stories and Paul is the lunatic?
There is NOT over 20 years of newsletters with that garbage in it. Where in the world are you getting this crap? There are a couple that were selected out of all the newsletters and they ALL happened over 20 years ago. You know why they haven't happened since? Because he learned from his mistake. Don't go acting like this is a recent and re-occurring event. Paul no more surrounded himself with crazy lunatics than all the other candidates do and when they find out - they fire them. No vetting is ever that thorough that crazies don't slip in. As for disgruntled former supporters or employees - again, look to everyone who has ever held office and you will find that.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:49 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,929,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I've said this many times, very little of what Ron Paul calls policy is practical and some things appear down right crazy. I have no idea how any sane individual could support this guy.
Think generally uniformed and/or really pizzed off... of which there are a LOT.
The level of insanity present among them probably isn't as high as the other factors.
(well, lets hope so)

Last edited by MrRational; 12-29-2011 at 04:15 PM..

Old 12-29-2011, 02:57 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,089 times
Quote:
You denying the evidence that we ALL see with our own eyes doesn't make it go away, there are over 20 years of newsletters out there. In 1996 Paul took credit for writing them. Maybe those racist views is what attracted Stormfront support,

How is it that every single person that used to work for Paul turns up as a lunatic once they spill their guts on paul. Has Paul surrounded himself with crazy lunatics or is there truth to their stories and Paul is the lunatic?
In 20 years of newsletters, how many pages were actual
racist rants anyways? Paul stated he didn't write the
excerpts. Should he take administrative responsibility
for the content - absolutely. Does it make him a racist?
No.

I did actually laugh when I read
this one (and I know I'm not a racist) as politically
incorrect as the statement was: funny and true -
in South Central that is.

From the 1992 commentary titled “A Special Issue on Racial Terrorismâ€:

“Order was only restored in L.A. when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks three days after rioting began.â€

Don't know about Paul's ex associates.... - ask Dick Morris who used to work for Bill Clinton Another parasitic
ass.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
There is NOT over 20 years of newsletters with that garbage in it. Where in the world are you getting this crap? There are a couple that were selected out of all the newsletters and they ALL happened over 20 years ago. You know why they haven't happened since? Because he learned from his mistake. Don't go acting like this is a recent and re-occurring event. Paul no more surrounded himself with crazy lunatics than all the other candidates do and when they find out - they fire them. No vetting is ever that thorough that crazies don't slip in. As for disgruntled former supporters or employees - again, look to everyone who has ever held office and you will find that.
I have personal read ones as late a the 1990's. There are dozens of examples everywhere online. You know it as well as I do, quit lying.

As for learning his lesson, just what did Paul learn? That his racist hateful views are wrong or to 'destroy any unneeded documents and discs (survivalist advice from one of Paul's newsletters) so Mr. Bojangles (wasn't that a black dancer in old B&W movies) cannot hurt you.' In other word destroy any evidence of your racist views so the black man cannot turn them on you.

So, he learned to conceal his bigotry and hate. I just watched the video of Borat interviewing Paul, oops, funny stuff.

EDIT, sorry the character was Bruno, here is the link.

http://m.anyclip.com/movies/bruno/ron-paul-interview/

Last edited by buzzards27; 12-29-2011 at 03:15 PM..

Old 12-29-2011, 03:18 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,196 times
Quote:
I have personal read ones as late a the 1990's. There are dozens of examples everywhere online. You know it as well as I do, quit lying.

As for learning his lesson, just what did Paul learn? That his racist hateful views are wrong or to 'destroy any unneeded documents and discs (survivalist advice from one of Paul's newsletters) so Mr. Bojangles (wasn't that a black dancer in old B&W movies) cannot hurt you.' In other word destroy any evidence of your racist views so the black man cannot turn them on you.

So, he learned to conceal his bigotry and hate. I just watched the video of Borat interviewing Paul, oops, funny stuff.
There are no more than a couple of those newsletters with those crazy statements and they were written in the 80's with the exception of one in the early 90's. He learned that you have to vet those who work for you a lot closer. There was a rash of that going on in the late 80s to early 90's and it bit a lot of people in the butt. Still does for those who haven't learned. Think about it (without hurting yourself) how can a Libertarian be an active racist? We espouse liberty for everyone. Even if you were one mentally, the very philosophical construct of libertarianism would force you to express liberty despite your personal views. You are just an irrational hater. To call Ron Paul a racist just shows us that you are either a lunatic or just desperately trying to railroad a politician.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-29-2011 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: language

Old 12-29-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
You are so full of s***. There are no more than a couple of those newsletters with those crazy statements and they were written in the 80's with the exception of one in the early 90's. He learned that you have to vet those who work for you a lot closer. There was a rash of that going on in the late 80s to early 90's and it bit a lot of people in the butt. Still does for those who haven't learned. Think about it (without hurting yourself) how can a Libertarian be an active racist? We espouse liberty for everyone. Even if you were one mentally, the very philosophical construct of libertarianism would force you to express liberty despite your personal views. You are just an irrational hater. To call Ron Paul a racist just shows us that you are either a lunatic or just desperately trying to railroad a politician.
sorry, you are not going to draw me into your personal namecalling.

How is it you paulistas control who is free to have an opinion? How come you hit start the namecalling and personal attack whenever you disagree with someone's opinion? You spout off endlessly as if the was the RP FORUM instead of the CD FORUM. this is not your personal sandbox, you would do well to learn to share without the oersonal attacks when you don't agree.

Last edited by buzzards27; 12-29-2011 at 03:41 PM..

Old 12-29-2011, 04:33 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,973,785 times
Quote:
sorry, you are not going to draw me into your personal namecalling.

How is it you paulistas control who is free to have an opinion? How come you hit start the namecalling and personal attack whenever you disagree with someone's opinion? You spout off endlessly as if the was the RP FORUM instead of the CD FORUM. this is not your personal sandbox, you would do well to learn to share without the oersonal attacks when you don't agree.
Yeah, lets keep the name calling out of it, like buzzards27 does please...

Quote:
With the current cast of wacko's on the wingnut side Ted would fit right in.
Quote:
Note to Paul supporters,

The party is over, Paul is a racist madman, DON'T FORGET TO TURN THE LIGHTS OFF AND CLOSE THE DOOR ON THE WAY OUT.
Quote:
Eeewww, after reading about him crapping his pants for a week to avoid military service, I'd pass on partying with that mad man.
Quote:
CNN just called Trump on another lie. during his "I just got off my chopper"* presser Trump claimed the CNN had a poll showing Trump even with Obama. A complete lie, another fantasy out of the mouth of a huckster and sleazebag.

Quote:
lol, you still trying to pretend the teabagger are NOT the GOP by another name? good one, LOL Ok, let's pretend along with you for a moment... the premise is the teabaggers are these "less taxes-smaller government" independents that the GOP is hoping to draw into their camp in November. Apparently that isn't working and once the middle class discovers the teabags' hidden agenda to hose them again. face it, the middle has seen enough and is drifting away...
Quote:
no you are OFF TOPIC, the thread is about TRUMP the CHUMP
Quote:
it is funny, just a few short years ago, the wingnuts were chanting for a flat tax. now that the top income earners are paying less for the "capital gains" bonanza they suddenly dropped that idea.

How about we tax every type of income the same, at EVERY level. FICA tax on every penny earned. one tax rate for everyone. How many wingnuts will jump on board?
Quote:
based on the wing nuts' "the ends justify the means" attack on the petition drive i think it is wise to sign a couple of petitions. make sure your voice counts, don't let wing nuts shred your rights.
Quote:
of course, with wing nut activists saying they are circulating petitions that they plan to destroy, it would be wise to sign more than one.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:51 PM

Here

Here links to at least 38 newsletters.

http://www.conservativesnetwork.com/...th-tendencies/

here are links to more links, enjoy

http://www.conservativesnetwork.com/...-liar-or-both/

Responses to 1996 article. 'I couldn't tell the truth in 1996 because I was in a campaign' REALLY, YOU ONLY LIE DURING CAMPAIGNS?

http://www.conservativesnetwork.com/...ical-purposes/

Ten examples

thegrio.com by Mobify

Paul claiming credit for the views express in the newsletters

http://www.city-data.com/forum/22270724-post86.html

Paul again taking credit, whole story cites Paul as writing the articles. Best of my knowledge Paul NEVER asked for a retraction.

CAMPAIGN '96/U.S. HOUSE/Newsletter excerpts offer ammunition to Paul's opponent/GOP hopeful quoted on race, crime 05/23/1996 | Archives | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Last edited by buzzards27; 12-29-2011 at 06:07 PM..

Old 12-29-2011, 04:53 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,864,597 times
Owned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections