Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 12:32 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
You can't compare Obamacare and Romneycare. There's a vast difference between a federal program and a state program.
Yeah, one is federal and the other is state.

Huge difference.

I like the fact that Romney seems pretty normal in spite of being brought up in a cult. He's probably the most mainstream of all the front runner GOP candidates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 12:39 AM

5,589 posts, read 8,405,261 times
I like the fact that he stood up straight like a schoolboy and did the Top 10 list on David Letterman, including "What's up, gangstas, it's the M-I-Double Tizzle". Except we know he not a real gangsta or he would've said "What up".

Old 12-29-2011, 12:47 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
I like the fact that even though he's super rich he can relate to people from da hood

Mitt Romney: Who Let The Dogs Out Bling Bling Baby! - YouTube

Old 12-29-2011, 12:49 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Best candidate or best president?

Old 12-29-2011, 12:51 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Best candidate or best president?

Both.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:12 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
I like the face he talks on both side of the issue. He will works well with both Republicans and Democrats. He will give them everything they want. More wars and more welfare.

GO USSA!!!

Old 12-29-2011, 07:57 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times
Often I hear Mitt is the best person to beat OBAMA? Why is that because he sounds like OBAMA and or has a record like OBAMA. 6 degrees of difference before Mitt and Obama is not a WIN for our freedoms.
If we elect MITT can you sleep at night knowing he might basically be a flip flopping progressive republican and give us more government. We keep electing people with no pricnples in the republican party and this how we get ourselves into trouble and LOSS ELECTIONS!

I can sleep at night knowing Ron Paul is not going to change is mind, say one thing and stab us in the back, he has princples and at this TIME in history we must reverse the course of big government, spending and return to our constitution.
If we follow that no matter what foreign or domestic enemny liberty will be safe.
I can't say the same when the going gets tough Mitt will hold on to the princples of liberty over any special interest and media pressure.
Ron Paul is as good as GOLD to defend liberty WHY because that is all the MAN HAS EVER DID!
So while many of you are a ready to pull for Mitt your taking a chance on someone over and over can not be trusted to fight for liberty of individuals.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:15 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
To elect Mitt Romney is to perpetuate the Clinton/Bush/Obama clone that has occupied the Oval Office. Different suit - same policies. If his biggest asset is that he is the most mainstream - then we have lost sight of our independence and have become slaves to the Status Quo & corporations.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Too many people want to spend their time bashing other candidates and their supporters. How about a positive thread where those that hate one candidate can instead focus their energy on explaining why Mitt Romney is the ideal candidate and how he his platform is what the majority of the population want from our next POTUS.

Only rule is no trash talking other candidates, focus on Mitt and his positive attributes. I'm looking forward to an insightful and respectful conversation.
What a great topic and thank goodness some are beginning to see the bashing side of candidates isn't going to help us or the party one bit. Instead it is distroying us> I am not a Romney supporter at this stage of the game but I do see a few positive things about him. 1-He has been a governor, which to me is very important. it is not a deal breaker or maker, but it plays a part in my decisions. He is not for opening the borders, which is another positive and as much as I hate to think people vote because of looks, he does have a Presidentual look (whatever that might be) Is he the ideal candidate? NO, the ideal candidate, in my opinion, isn't running this time, but I certainly will support him if he gets the nomination. I will not vote for him in the primaries.

Nita

Old 12-29-2011, 08:59 AM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,110 times

Mitt Romney - Serial Flip Flopper! - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections