Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 07:11 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Protecting human beings in the womb is not "extreme" as the pro-abortion butchers would like to spin it.
It is when the mother may die in the process!! Are you that clueless, that you don't realize if a woman's life is in danger while pregnant, and she can't get an abortion and dies from complications, the fetus dies too?

Apparently unborn human beings should be protected, but women who had sex shouldn't because they are evil sinners.

You people don't give a crap about life. You'd throw that baby out on the street as soon as it's born, especially if it's a welfare family. All you care about is punishing women for having sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 07:12 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Bachmann accused Obama of making abortion pills available for 8 year olds by placing them in candy aisles.

Stay crazy Bachmann.

Gingrich, Perry, Bachmann, and Santorum Go Extreme on Abortion - The Daily Beast
Yes, they are extreme, women hating nutjobs..

BUT

at least they're more honest than the anti-choicers who say abortion is "killing a baby" but then flip flop and say it's OK in the case of rape, incest or if the mother's life is in danger.

If it's "killing a baby" in one instance it's STILL "killing a baby" in ALL instances.

An abortion is an abortion.

Santorums are anti-abortion in public and pro choice in private and Ricky will STILL have ignorant Repug supporters...just like the slimey philandering Newt will still have his two-faced immoral Republican supporters who approved of adultery IF it's THEIR candidate....

Extremists are bad in any form but ignorant extremists like the Republicans are alarming.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:28 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,766,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, they are extreme, women hating nutjobs..

BUT

at least they're more honest than the anti-choicers who say abortion is "killing a baby" but then flip flop and say it's OK in the case of rape, incest or if the mother's life is in danger.

If it's "killing a baby" in one instance it's STILL "killing a baby" in ALL instances.

An abortion is an abortion.

Santorums are anti-abortion in public and pro choice in private and Ricky will STILL have ignorant Repug supporters...just like the slimey philandering Newt will still have his two-faced immoral Republican supporters who approved of adultery IF it's THEIR candidate....

Extremists are bad in any form but ignorant extremists like the Republicans are alarming.
All abortions are not equal. A zygote or a 2 week old embryo is not comparable to an 8 month old fetus.

How are pro-lifers more honest when they claim to be about protecting life, but don't seem to care if the mother and fetus die by making abortion illegal?

Old 12-29-2011, 07:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Funny, Santorum's wife had an abortion.
I guess they can have one, but you can't.

There are 626,000 hits for Santorum abortion if you don't like this blog: Santorum: Our Abortion Was Different | Our Silver Blog
Feel free to research on your own.

In October, 1996, his wife Karen had a second trimester abortion. They don’t like to describe it that way. In his 2004 interview with Terry Gross, Santorum characterizes the fetus, who must be treated as an autonomous person, as a practically a gunslinging threat, whom the mother must murder in self-defense. Karen has had to justify her decision to save her own life by explaining that if she died her other children would have lost a mother.

Republican extremists in Congress and the statehouses propose to make abortion illegal even if it would save the mother’s life. Even the Santorums admit they would make that choice, while claiming that they didn’t.
you said it: extremists. The abortion laws will, most likely never be changed and for The Santorum situation: I am pro life, most of the time but agree with their decision. There are rare times when abortion is the only answer and if moms life is at stake, especially when there are other children involved, the choice is a simple one. For all those out there that are extremist on the right there are those on the left that are judgemental and love to preach their side as well. In our family, about 18 months ago we were faced with a similar situation. Our granddaughter who is 100% pro life had to make that decision, because of her little daughter she choose to abort. It was the hardest choice she has ever made.

Nita

Old 12-29-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
All abortions are not equal. A zygote or a 2 week old embryo is not comparable to an 8 month old fetus.

How are pro-lifers more honest when they claim to be about protecting life, but don't seem to care if the mother and fetus die by making abortion illegal?
HEY! I don't believe all abortions are "equal" but the Anti-choicers HAVE to believe that or they're hypocrites.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
you said it: extremists. The abortion laws will, most likely never be changed and for The Santorum situation: I am pro life, most of the time but agree with their decision. There are rare times when abortion is the only answer and if moms life is at stake, especially when there are other children involved, the choice is a simple one. For all those out there that are extremist on the right there are those on the left that are judgemental and love to preach their side as well. In our family, about 18 months ago we were faced with a similar situation. Our granddaughter who is 100% pro life had to make that decision, because of her little daughter she choose to abort. It was the hardest choice she has ever made.

Nita
You can't be "pro-life" (anti-choice) "most of the time".

You ,and your grandaughter, are pro-choice....

Old 12-29-2011, 08:53 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
In our family, about 18 months ago we were faced with a similar situation. Our granddaughter who is 100% pro life had to make that decision, because of her little daughter she choose to abort. It was the hardest choice she has ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You can't be "pro-life" (anti-choice) "most of the time".

You ,and your grandaughter, are pro-choice....
I feel for you and your granddaughter, Nita. When my daughter was young, her friend's mother was faced with a similar situation. She had a condition that assured that if she carried the child to term, neither would survive. Being a strict Catholic, the mother refused to terminate the pregnancy. She and the baby died within hours of birth, leaving behind six other children ranging from 15 to 2 years of age. It was a stupid, pointless waste of life that left six children without a mother.

That said, Who?Me?! is absolutely right. If you agree with your granddaughter's decision, you are pro-choice. She had the choice, and she made it. And for the sake of her other child, it was the right one. But as someone who states that you are "mostly pro-life," I wonder how you would feel if that choice had not been there for her?

Last edited by HeyJude514; 12-29-2011 at 09:20 AM..

Old 12-29-2011, 09:28 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,452,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I feel for you and your granddaughter, Nita. When my daughter was young, her friend's mother was faced with a similar situation. She had a condition that assured that if she carried the child to term, neither would survive. Being a strict Catholic, the mother refused to terminate the pregnancy. She and the baby died within hours of birth, leaving behind six other children ranging from 15 to 2 years of age. It was a stupid, pointless waste of life that left six children without a mother.

That said, Who?Me?! is absolutely right. If you agree with your granddaughter's decision, you are pro-choice. She had the choice, and she made it. And for the sake of her other child, it was the right one. But as someone who states that you are "mostly pro-life," I wonder how you would feel if that choice had not been there for her?
Most people who are against abortion do support exceptions that would include situations such as these.

Most people who are pro-choice support abortion being illegal after a certain point in the pregnancy with exceptions when the life of the woman is at risk. I don't understand how one is hypocritical while the other is not.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:34 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,438,858 times
Thumbs up Gingrich, Perry, Bachmann, and Santorum Go Extreme on Abortion

So far, the GOP "campaign" has been very amusing. Watching this collection of back-bench pols and has-beens jockey for position as the angriest, most extreme nutjob is good midwinter entertainment.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:49 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Protecting human beings in the womb is not "extreme" as the pro-abortion butchers would like to spin it.
I've got a few questions for you:

1) Who is pro-abortion?
2) Who is a butcher?
3) Do you eat meat?
4) Do you believe in the death penalty?
5) Do you support public assistance for all who need it?
6) Do you support war of any kind?

I'd love to see the answers to these questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections