Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 08:32 AM

127 posts, read 83,511 times

Advertisements

Just on CNN. He will wind up voting for Ron Paul against Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 08:49 AM

233 posts, read 753,224 times
Romney: I Would Vote for Ron Paul over Obama | Video | TheBlaze.com

Romney is saying anyone but Obama. Liberals are saying anyone but a conservative. Obama ain't sayin shiiiiiiiiiiit. Ron Paul is saying they are all crooked, he is right.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:06 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,809,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPoliticsNoGamesJustMath View Post
Romney: I Would Vote for Ron Paul over Obama | Video | TheBlaze.com

Romney is saying anyone but Obama. Liberals are saying anyone but a conservative. Obama ain't sayin shiiiiiiiiiiit. Ron Paul is saying they are all crooked, he is right.
Actually a Ron Paul/ Mitt Romney ticket would make sense to me - as long as Paul has the top spot. Ron already has the support of many progressives and Mitt would pull a lot of the wavering moderates from Obama. That ticket would have more effectiveness against Obama than any other combination of Repubs.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:12 AM

4,152 posts, read 4,170,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Actually a Ron Paul/ Mitt Romney ticket would make sense to me - as long as Paul has the top spot. Ron already has the support of many progressives and Mitt would pull a lot of the wavering moderates from Obama. That ticket would have more effectiveness against Obama than any other combination of Repubs.
True, if your motive is to get rid of Obama. But that's not our motive. We want real change.

If there is a Paul/Romney, I am afraid we might see same thing happened to JFK in a JFK/LBJ.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:13 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,491 times
Quote:
Except that as far as principles go, it would not make sense.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:13 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,383 times
The last time a VP candidate actually made a difference was in 1960 with JFK/LBJ (JFK needed Texas to win). Other than that, VP candidates mean little so long as they are not super polarizing.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:14 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
True, if your motive is to get rid of Obama. But that's not our motive.
Lie.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:14 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Paul is a libertarian that has made a career of fighting against the right wing corporatism/fascism that is destroying freedom and liberty. Romney is the poster boy for the empty suit to the corporations. There is no way in hell Paul would want Romney anywhere near his cabinet.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:23 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,622 times
Quote:
If that was the ticket, RP wouldn't live to see 2013.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:26 AM

9,356 posts, read 14,297,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Except that as far as principles go, it would not make sense.
To be sure, now is not the time to compromise on principles.

However, there may come a time, under the right circumstances, to make a deal based on how the most important principles can actually be implemented to the greatest extent possible.

VP-slot my butt.

However, I could imagine, under certain circumstances, a deal by which a president Romney assures appointment of Ron Paul as Treasury Secretary, giving him an ironclad mandate to reform monetary and fiscal policy (from which many of the other major principles could come into place).

But we are not at that point yet.

For the moment, state-by-state, delegate-by-delegate process, duking it out on the streets, so to speak, until the convention. So far, Ron Paul, in his own words, is doing even better than expected.

He is our best hope for sane monetary and fiscal policy, and everything that they imply, on US soil.

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections