Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 09:19 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,329,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I'm not surprised at all. The lone, sane GOP candidate can defeat Obama. Anyone else and Obama is in for at least as easy a victory as 2008.

The key is the TP needs to not deflate MR much, so he can maintain his much stronger position with vital independents vs the others, who are clowns when it comes to courting non extremists. Newt last I saw was down 50-28 amongst indys.
Keep in mind that the GOP race is getting all the attention right now, and also keep in mind that Rasmussen tends to inflate GOP numbers by about 3-5 percent. If Rasmussen says it's a Romney lead, that means it's a dead heat, which is credible. I think and have thought for some time that Romney, being as shifty as he is, is the one candidate who could seriously jeopardize Obama's chances of winning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 09:28 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,349,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Does being rich because you are successful make you evil? If so, I guess. The Huntsman's will win that one though.
Good point. Why would you elect someone that hasn't figured out (or at least has knowledge of) what it takes to be extremely successful in this country? If they are honest and have integrity (and are Constitutionally sound), then they will know best how to get the country going again.

I'm not a Romney guy (or Huntsman), but it is niave as heck to not want the most successful among us to be our leaders.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:29 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,254,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Keep in mind that the GOP race is getting all the attention right now, and also keep in mind that Rasmussen tends to inflate GOP numbers by about 3-5 percent.
So the Rasmussen polls in 2008 that showed Obama winning by 7-10 inflated the GOP numbers? And the Rasmussen approval polls that have Obama consistently higher than Gallup - are those with inflated GOP numbers as well?

Can you provide a study/series of studies that shows this 'bias' in the Rasmussen methodology, or worse, actual fraud on the part of the pollster?

Old 12-30-2011, 09:37 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Talking Shock Poll: Romney Up 45 to 39 Over Obama

Utterly shocking!

The GOP should do whatever they have to in order to move the 2012 elections up to January 1st.

But if the election date remains November 6th, the view may change considerably.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:37 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
I'm just saying that Republicans are going by the same logic with Romney with the whole electability babble. John McCain is supremely more honorable than Romney. At least he served his country. Romney and his 5 sons haven't as much as given a day in their privileged lives to serve America.
That's not true. Romney's sons are serving their country by helping their dad get elected.

Romney: Sons Serve Country By Campaigning - CBS News

Yes, sir, they're right there on the front lines of the campaign trail, risking their lives in Iowa. Brave lads, all. Just like Dad.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:44 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,473,842 times
lol

Old 12-30-2011, 09:45 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,919,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Keep in mind that the GOP race is getting all the attention right now, and also keep in mind that Rasmussen tends to inflate GOP numbers by about 3-5 percent. If Rasmussen says it's a Romney lead, that means it's a dead heat, which is credible. I think and have thought for some time that Romney, being as shifty as he is, is the one candidate who could seriously jeopardize Obama's chances of winning.
This ^^^^^^

Romney is, in effect, campaigning right now and the GOP 'circus' is getting all the attention. For independents like myself, Romney is probably the only GOP candidate so far that we could vote for. Maybe Huntsman but he is too far under the radar. The others are unelectable. But, Obama hasn't started campaigning in any meaningful way and you would expect the guy who is campaigning to do better than the guy who is not.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:46 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Polls are good, but at this time, i really pay not that much attention to them, they change oh so often. What i do, is talk to people i know and actually do not know. Ask them who they are thinking of voting for in this next election. And did they vote for Obama in 08.

And i am not lying or making this up, the majority of people i speak with, who have put their faith in Obama with his Hope n' Change garbage, will not give him a second election if they can help it.

I have tons of friends who live thruout this great Country, the majority of people out there are hurting, that cannot be faked, losing a home cannot be faked, high employment figures cannot be faked, when i myself know so many fine people out of work, desperatie to find a decent paying job.

Not good that Sears and k-marts may be shutting down over 120 stores. Last night they were saying even when they do this, if the holdings are not good, they may shut down more, and even leading to the closing of all Sears and k-marts, which i hope does not happen. I like sears guarantee and their appliances, they match any price, an take back, with no questions asked.

So many industries are hurting, all i know is that Obama truly did promise each and every one of us
Hope n' Change and screamed it out every day for months. This cannot be what so many of you who voted for Obama truly wanted, is it~
I do not want the next 4 years of my life, with an economy as this one.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:50 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
[quote=dixiegirl7;22322245]This country was not in this shape when Bush ran for his second term. Unemployment was like 6%. We would all thank the Lord if it was that now. Whether people agreed with the war or not, they had been kept safe since 9/11 and that counted for a whole lot. That horror was still very fresh in people's minds and the majority of people knew Bush had been dealt a very difficult hand.

And all of the gay bashing votes and voter suppression in states like OHIO certainly didn't hurt either to help re-select the dunce-in-chief

Old 12-31-2011, 02:53 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,464,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Wow!… Mitt Romney surged ahead of failed President Barack Obama this week in the latest poll.
Rasmussen reported:
Mitt Romney has now jumped to his biggest lead ever over President Obama in a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup. It’s also the biggest lead a named Republican candidate has held over the incumbent in Rasmussen Reports surveying to date.
The latest national telephone survey finds that 45% of Likely U.S. Voters favor the former Massachusetts governor, while 39% prefer the president. Ten percent (10%) like some other candidate in the race, and six percent (6%) are undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)
A week ago, Romney trailed Obama 44% to 41%. The week before that, he held a slight 43% to 42% edge over the president. The two candidates have been essentially tied in regular surveys since January, but Romney remains the only GOP hopeful to lead Obama in more than one survey. Despite Romney’s current six-point lead, his latest level of support is in line with the 38% to 45% he has earned in matchups with the president this year. However, Obama’s 39% is a new low: Prior to this survey, his support has ranged from 40% to 46% in matchups with Romney.
A generic Republican candidate holds a narrow lead over the president again this week as has been the case all but three times in weekly tracking since late May.

Shock Poll: Romney Up 45 to 39 Over Obama | The Gateway Pundit
Shocking poll where Obama is up over Romney. RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - General Election: Romney vs. Obama Much, much too pre-mature to start celebrating! Given Romney is the Republicon party nominee, when Romney and Obama debate, it's gonna be lights out Romney. Romney will be so confused he won't know where he stands on even his flip flops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections