Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 10:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Voters don't decide elections.
Those that count the votes do.
Karl Marx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 10:07 PM

4,416 posts, read 9,140,200 times
Oh he does'nt defend Israel. Oh my! Well I say the heck with Israel and all the other countries. USA! USA! Paul2012!

Old 12-30-2011, 07:25 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Oh he does'nt defend Israel. Oh my! Well I say the heck with Israel and all the other countries. USA! USA! Paul2012!
Newt and the other neocons don't seem to understand that to many voters Paul's stance on Israel is a feature not a bug. I am sick and tired of the US wasting taxpayer funds and American lives defending a foreign country. Especially a country that spends our money to maintain their oppressive apartheid regime.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:35 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Isolationist, or non interventionist?

Does anyone know the difference?

If Israel is to be a sovereign nation, they must have full control over their actions.

Who the hell are we, to tell any nation, what and what not to do?
How would you feel, if someone was telling you how to live, but they live in another State, 2000 miles away, because that is how they do it there?

How would you feel if Texas was telling the rest of the nation how to live?

Old 12-30-2011, 07:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
couldnt sit on his hands any longer, so much for the "clean campaign"
I agree with you there, he tried, but it didn't seem to be working. Too bad, I would love to see candidates stick to what they will do, not what others are doing wrong. This goes for everyone of them, Newt, Perry, Paul, Romney, etc.

Nita

Old 12-30-2011, 07:49 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
The same man who called Ron Paul supporters "Indecent".

Draft dodger, warmonger, serial cheater Gingrich. I have had enough of him. At least Mitt Romney keeps his mouth shut for the most part!
Well, Romney is starting to spout off as well. As for draft dodger, would you like to explain where you got that? Did he take off for Canada like so many in the 60s and 70s? No, he did not. I am a true supporter of the military, I do not have respect for anyone that is a true draft dodger, but unless you can support that statement, it shouldn't be made. You might be sick of him, lots of people are, you have pretty much let the world know you are only supporting one person anyway, but constant blasting someone isn't helping your candidate.

Nita

Old 12-30-2011, 08:05 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I don't like Gingrich and he has no chance either, but he is spot on in his assessment of Paul and his chances in the Republican party.
Exactly!!!

Old 12-30-2011, 08:06 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,581,124 times
As a Constitutionalist, I still can't support a Libertarian such as Paul because while his domestic economic policies have some very good points, he has absolutely no idea about global politics.

Isolationism worked when we had the oceans serving as barriers to the rest of the world, but even Thomas Jefferson understood that we had to be able to project power to protect shipping lanes, so he sent the Navy and Marines to the "Shores of Tripoli" to fight the pirates who jepordized our free trade with the rest of the world.

These days, the oceans are no longer fortifications as was shown by 9/11, we are vunerable to attack. To side with the terrorists does not endear him in my mind either. We need to secure our borders, but not at the cost of sending the world into another world war, which would be likely in the power vacum that would be left if we simply abdicate our postion of power and take our toys and go home. The Pax Americana that has existed since the end of WWII has allowed the world to grow and in many cases prosper without the regional wars and conflicts that caused so much death and destruciton in the 19th and 20th centuries.

We form alliances with other nations, whether it is Britian or Israel or Tiawan, or Japan. We have signed treaties and made commitments. We can stand together with our allies, or sink by ourselves. If we do not have international friends, then our international enemies can use that weakness against us and could start a war that would if not destroy, then seriously weaken us. Think of Britian prior to and after the world wars when their empire fell apart.
The new world we live in is interconnected by media, by trade, by alliances against rogue states like Iran and North Korea. The world is a very different place now with high speed transportation across the oceans, and weapons are far more dangerous. The first duty of the President is to protect Americans, by reducing our abilities to manuver, to remove threats before they hit us, to protect ourselves and our allies, we are weakened and become vunerable, the President cannot abdicate his power to protect this nation.

I like many of Paul's stances on the Constitution, however, many of his ideas and interpretations I see as self destructive to our country and would cause chaos across the globe if we pull back to our shores and let China take over the world. That would make us militarilly vunerable, and would destroy us economically if we could no longer trade around the world.

I am not thrilled with Romney,(too wishy-washy), Gingrich is smart but somewhat flakey, Santorum has some good points, but won't be the nominee, Bachman simply doesn't have the experience as a head of a government entity, Huntsman is a RINO joke, but that being said, I am voting for "NOT Obama" in the coming election because he is worse than any of the Republicans at this time, even Paul.

Old 12-30-2011, 08:07 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well, Romney is starting to spout off as well. As for draft dodger, would you like to explain where you got that? Did he take off for Canada like so many in the 60s and 70s? No, he did not. I am a true supporter of the military, I do not have respect for anyone that is a true draft dodger, but unless you can support that statement, it shouldn't be made. You might be sick of him, lots of people are, you have pretty much let the world know you are only supporting one person anyway, but constant blasting someone isn't helping your candidate.

Nita
Tried to rep you but have to spread more around first.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:05 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,695 times
Default Have you ever read the news or a history book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
The Pax Americana that has existed since the end of WWII has allowed the world to grow and in many cases prosper without the regional wars and conflicts that caused so much death and destruciton in the 19th and 20th centuries.
What Pax Americana are you referring to? In this universe we had the Korean War, Vietnam, Iraq, Afganistan, that little skirmish in the Balkans, and that's just us. The British have had the Falklands War, Iraq, etc. The Russians have had wars too. There is no peace, only endless border wars, oil wars, and skirmishes of varying intensity. We still have regional wars and conflicts all over the world too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections