Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 06:51 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,676,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Paul is clueless when it comes to foreign policy and the military. But go ahead keep on dreaming, Paul will Never make US foreign policy.
Michael Scheuer Endorses Ron Paul for President

So you are telling me the Michael Scheuer who is the former head of the Bin Laden unit for the CIA...and was in the CIA for 22 years is also clueless? LOL

I suggest YOU get a clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 06:55 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
WOW, do I really need to explain to you how the world has changed since 1776?
Wow was it that difficult a question?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why wouldn't their wisdom apply in todays world, specifically?
I'll dumb it down for you:
How would the year make a difference in America having a policy of trade with all, but not meddling in the ideological intrigues of other governments,getting involved in century old tribal conflicts or killing innocent people that pose us no threat...

And yes I realize we now have indoor plumbing, motorcars and the light bulb

Old 12-31-2011, 07:10 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,014,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
there are a few Paul supporters that are primarily supporting him because of either, his stand foreign policy or they want drugs legalized. ???

Nita
Most folks I know that support Paul, do so because of his foreign policy, not in
spite of it

Like Santorum said, Paul would be "commander in chief" which is exactly where RP
would make a difference - he would bring troops home, shut down bases, etc.
He would BE...

Ron Paul Reminds His Party That The Commander In Chief Makes The Final Decision In War - YouTube

With RP's fiscal diligence - it would be up to the Congress whether they want
to reject his philosophies, which frankly they'd have to answer to the American
people about that....Oh never mind,....

Legalized drugs.... Lifting a prohibition on marijuana may be on the minds of
many - as well as lifting the prohibition on Industrial Hemp.

Two things that would neither harm the US - if anything, benefit the
nation as a whole.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Michael Scheuer Endorses Ron Paul for President

So you are telling me the Michael Scheuer who is the former head of the Bin Laden unit for the CIA...and was in the CIA for 22 years is also clueless? LOL

I suggest YOU get a clue.
You mean the same man that could not find OBL, that happened long after he left in disgust over the 9-11 Commision report. Stop making evaluations until you have thought out the entire picture first. I do not need a former CIA agent to tell me that Pauls policies if implemented would make this Nation Less safe. All anyone with the slightest idea how the world political sceen works needs to do is think out realistically how his ideas would play out in the end to know Paul ideas on the matter are naive and also dangerous. What I truely found interesting is the article itself which jumps all over the place with rants about Obama, typical right-wing rants. Is this the sort of crap you read to get you information on the topics of the day, since it seems to explain your hard right leaning posts as of late?

Old 12-31-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Wow was it that difficult a question?
I'll dumb it down for you:
How would the year make a difference in America having a policy of trade with all, but not meddling in the ideological intrigues of other governments,getting involved in century old tribal conflicts or killing innocent people that pose us no threat...

And yes I realize we now have indoor plumbing, motorcars and the light bulb
Ok, were the "innocent" people of Afganistan no threat?

Old 12-31-2011, 07:47 AM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,105 times
Quote:
WOW, do I really need to explain to you how the world has changed since 1776?
No, but you do need to explain how the world changing necessitates preemptive war.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
No, but you do need to explain how the world changing necessitates preemptive war.
Where did I say we did? Love it when you make assumptions and attempt to make sound as if I made a statement I never did make, hmmm.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:26 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,414,151 times
Quote:
Where did I say we did? Love it when you make assumptions and attempt to make sound as if I made a statement I never did make, hmmm.
Since you are slithering around it and so we don't make assumptions:
Do you agree with our present foreign policy which utilizes millitary action/violence to foment regime change of other nations?

Old 12-31-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Since you are slithering around it and so we don't make assumptions:
Do you agree with our present foreign policy which utilizes millitary action/violence to foment regime change of other nations?
In Libya, yes and it was not much of an effort. Iraq, we had no business there. Afganistain was not about that, it was about being attacked. The others are doing it on their own.
Slithering? Looks like you a I are done here, you can go back to your cheerleading now.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:56 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,252,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Why do I get the idea there are a few Paul supporters that are primarily supporting him because of either, his stand foreign policy or they want drugs legalized. ???
I don't agree with Ron Paul on everything ... but in a way, I support the idea of legalization. Keeping the ongoing drug war and the Prohibition style illegality of marijuana & other drugs is only adding more fuel to the black market. Banning or restricting anything won't stop the supply. There are many people who easily obtain these dangerous drugs regardless of how many laws there are against them ... and too much tax money has been spent on enforcement of these laws. This concept applies not only to drugs, but to other things that the protectionists label as "evil", such as guns, etc.

Also, his stance on foreign policy makes a hell of a lot more sense than the stances of many other Republicans and Democrats. If John McCain had his way, we would be in Iraq for an eternity. If many Democrats had their way, we would be sending our troops to every problematic foreign country to make peace, or for humanitarian reasons. Being the police of the world has never worked well ... and besides, it's extremely costly. We need to protect our own borders and stop interfering with other countries' matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections