Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 09:57 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Aren't you the one who comes and craps in every thread about Ron Paul? In doing so, don't you often say something like "Paulbots are crazy", as if we have no right to express our views about a candidate we like just because you thought the candidate was kooky?
I've never used the term "Paulbot" - EVER.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Layoff the everything is a conspiracy for a little bit and perhaps you won't get responses like that...

Old 01-02-2012, 09:59 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
They look that way already.

Have you noticed that a lot of Ron Paul lovers are conspiracy theorists and, presumably, vice versa as well?
Have you noticed that a lot of big government lovers are snake oil salesmen who continue to support failed policies and are afraid to discuss those policies?

Old 01-02-2012, 10:07 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times
Quote:
You're right. I edited my post. You can't deny that this forum has a very strong Paul bias and that it's hard not to pick up on some idolization from many posters.

Because there aren't really any ardent Romney supporters. All of us who support Romney are doing so because we feel he is the lesser of many evils. We're not that excited about him, we just don't want four more years of Obama, we don't want Ron Paul to become president and put our national security in jeopardy, and we don't want some hardcore religious freak to become president.
There aren't any ardent Romney supporters? Really? You replied to one in this very thread, no condemnation or suggestions of idolization. Just another swipe at Paul supporters.

As far as national security being put at jeopardy exactly how does stating that we should not engage in preemptive wars jeopardize our security? The US is all but broke. We cannot afford to continue bouncing around the globe initiating conflicts. Bankrupting the nation by engaging in preemptive wars of seriously questionable benefit does nothing to enhance national security.

None of us want four more years of Obama. We're simply not so blinded by partisan idiocy that we're willing to vote in a Republican version of Obama. Bad as Obama is there is at least a degree of resistance to his actions by current congressional Republicans. Romney (or any other of the neocon clowns) will be free to pursue the same destructive agendas with little to no opposition due to the R following their name.

Try something different for a change. Support some actual principles rather than blindly supporting your party.

As an aside, editing your post to "his strongest supporters" wasn't much of a change and still reflects your obvious personal bias rather than fact.

Last edited by outbacknv; 01-02-2012 at 10:18 PM..

Old 01-02-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
You're right. I edited my post. You can't deny that this forum has a very strong Paul bias and that it's hard not to pick up on some idolization from many posters.
But that's your false perception that applies to YOUR thought process. Quit trying to force YOUR beliefs on others in hopes it sticks

Quote:
Because there aren't really any ardent Romney supporters. All of us who support Romney are doing so because we feel he is the lesser of many evils.
Understood you have not found anyone who you thought could represent you and win so instead of following your beliefs you sold out.

Quote:
We're not that excited about him, we just don't want four more years of Obama, we don't want Ron Paul to become president and put our national security in jeopardy, and we don't want some hardcore religious freak to become president.
So instead you'd like the continuation of 60 years using the failed and costly policy of forceful intervention which has been the STATED cause of 9/11?

You want us to protect other countries borders better than we protect ours? Even though that makes us less safe because in your eyes it somehow equates to less military guarding our borders the better it is for us?

Since when do you protect your house by bombing other neighborhoods? You lead by example, period. You do not use force unless in self defense.
No country attacked us.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
There aren't any ardent Romney supporters? Really? You replied to one in this very thread, no condemnation or suggestions of idolization. Just another swipe at Paul supporters.
I have never, ever seen her say anything that seemed obsessive about Romney or make assertions that people are trying to "not allow" him to win caucuses or primaries or present other conspiracy theories.

Quote:
As far as national security being put at jeopardy exactly how does stating that we should not engage in preemptive wars jeopardize our security? The US is all but broke. We cannot afford to continue bouncing around the globe initiating conflicts. Bankrupting the nation by engaging in preemptive wars of seriously questionable benefit does nothing to enhance national security.
As I've said before, I agree. I simply feel that Ron Paul would swing the pendulum way too far in the opposite direction. We can't use diplomacy with countries like Iran and we have to be prepared to do something about dangerous countries if necessary.

Quote:
None of us want four more years of Obama. We're simply not so blinded by partisan idiocy that we're willing to vote in a Republican version of Obama. Bad as Obama is there is at least a degree of resistance to his actions by current congressional Republicans. Romney (or any other of the neocon clowns) will be free to pursue the same destructive agendas with little to no opposition due to the R following their name.
I don't agree that Romney would be as bad as Obama.

Quote:
Try something different for a change. Support some actual principles rather than blindly supporting your party.
I disagree with the Republican Party on ohhh so many things.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
But that's your false perception that applies to YOUR thought process. Quit trying to force YOUR beliefs on others in hopes it sticks
Look at the number of threads on this election forum about Ron Paul. Compare that to the number of threads about Mitt Romney.

Quote:
Understood you have not found anyone who you thought could represent you and win so instead of following your beliefs you sold out.
No, I live in reality so I chose the best option. That's what people do in the real world.

Do you agree with all of Ron Paul's stances? If not, you have done exactly the same thing. If you agree with one politican on everything, it's actually a little scary and indicates a lack of thought. People who buy into someone else's ideas on every issue seem to do so because they are incapable of judging each issue individually.

Quote:
So instead you'd like the continuation of 60 years using the failed and costly policy of forceful intervention which has been the STATED cause of 9/11?

You want us to protect other countries borders better than we protect ours? Even though that makes us less safe because in your eyes it somehow equates to less military guarding our borders the better it is for us?
I want something in between what we've been doing and what Ron Paul wants to do. I think Ron Paul's ideas, if implemented, would put us in danger. And I absolutely want to protect our own borders. Ron Paul doesn't even really support doing that.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Look at the number of threads on this election forum about Ron Paul. Compare that to the number of threads about Mitt Romney.
So that means we idolize him? It's always about policy.
Quote:
No, I live in reality so I chose the best option. That's what people do in the real world.
why settle?

Quote:
Do you agree with all of Ron Paul's stances?
Economic policy of the free market and his foreign policy are the two biggest issues for me and what I vote on. But it all comes back to freedom and Liberty and less Federal government intervention.

Quote:
reality so I chose the best option. That's what people do in the real world.
Not a lot of people. They pick whats left because they've been backed into a corner by lack of options.
That is something people who believe in freedom and liberty fight against. We don't sit idly by, while others use force to get what they want. Believe in the foundation we fought a revolution over.

Quote:
If not, you have done exactly the same thing. If you agree with one politican on everything, it's actually a little scary and indicates a lack of thought. People who buy into someone else's ideas on every issue seem to do so because they are incapable of judging each issue individually.
You made this all up in order to fit a false perception. You made up a scenario and tried to make it stick. I don't see this happening. But then again, for me, it's about policy.
It wouldn't matter to me what the person looked like or how they thought as long as they backed the constitution and respected my property rights.

Quote:
reality so I chose the best option. That's what people do in the real world.
Your best option? Since when is it an option which government party is going to control your life? I have the best option as far as big government is concerned, less of it so we have more options.

Quote:
I want something in between what we've been doing and what Ron Paul wants to do. I think Ron Paul's ideas, if implemented, would put us in danger. And I absolutely want to protect our own borders. Ron Paul doesn't even really support doing that.
Understood. You don't know what Ron Pauls foreign policy is. He wants to bring the troops home to protect our borders and also reduce the hatred for our occupation of sovereign countries that puts the lives of our military personnel and Americans here at home in danger.
People in the Middle East didn't attack Americans until we started our occupation in the 50's helping overthrow a democratically elected leader in exchange for oil.
Maybe if we didn't occupy their Holy Lands, bomb their cities, kill their citizens they wouldn't be mad at us. They attack us because we are over there.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:33 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Quote:
They look that way already.

Have you noticed that a lot of Ron Paul lovers are conspiracy theorists and, presumably, vice versa as well?

Yep, there is some conspiracy to everything...even things that go their way...lol. Don't let them get to you, they like to gang up on people if they dont' see things their way. It's like the 13% that support Ron Paul are the only intelligent life on this planet...lol. Wouldn't they realize more people would see it all their way if it made such good sense?

Old 01-03-2012, 03:53 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,767,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
Breitbart.tv » Republican Strategist: Iowa GOP Will Not Allow Paul To Win

Isn't it great when the establishment can pick the winner, instead of the voters?

Can anyone say "VOTER FRAUD"?

This is real people, and it's coming. The GOP establishment is going to steal the election from Paul under our very noses, and the media will look the other way!

Read and WEEP!
It's a caucus, not an election. There are no voters in the traditional election sense. Delegates are chosen solely by the party representatives, and the very idea of a caucus is that only state party vetted candidates can win. This is no secret; that is intentionally how a caucus works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections