Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2012, 07:10 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,548,448 times

Advertisements

Let's face it, as much as every one of them will try to spin this as a big win, it was essentially a 3 way tie as far as momentum goes and everyone knows Santorum's Social Conservative Platform won't play nearly as well in NH, let alone nationally.

Mitt Romney 30,015 24.6% 7
Rick Santorum 30,007 24.6% 6
Ron Paul 26,219 21.5% 0

I'll be curious to see if Huntsman's gamnle on NH pays off, with no clear favorite coming out of Iowa, he's still very much in it. Perry, and Bachmann are essentially done imo. Newt seems committed to NH, SC, & FL at least but a bad finish in NH could send him packing for good.

Good article on the vast differences between Iowa and NH... Iowa, New Hampshire seldom vote the same | Concord Monitor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 07:12 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,548,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, the Repugs have made that plain....that their ONLY concern is "getting Obama"....NOT creating jobs or improving the economy or ending the wars, improvong education, cleaning the air and water, fixing the illegal immigrant problem....
NOPE, Their ONLY concern is to "Get Obama"....
Even Huckabee was ripping the GOP for this last night, and rightly so.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:17 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Georgia is a teabagger state. Obama didn't carry it the last time but still managed to win an electoral landslide. He doesn't need Georgia this time around either. Georgia will always be a dumb red state with a third world standard of living... along the likes of Mississippi and Alabama.
I live in GA for a few months every year - have a second home in a small mountain town - been doing so for the past 10 years. Before that, we vacationed in the N. GA mountains for 20+ years.

Georgia might be a red state, but I wouldn't call it dumb. And, living down here in S. Florida for most of the year, I know what third world living looks like - Georgia does not qualify.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:20 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,193,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
You realize Santorum was voted one of the top 3 most corrupt members of the senate in 2006 and 2007?
Yup, he's a notorious pork barrel earmarker, grabbing all the fed cash he can for pet projects back home.

Not a fan.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:22 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Total surprise, even two weeks ago he [Santorum] was right down there with the also-rans.

Actually, the possibility that Santorum might rise was brought up a few weeks ago, based solely on the observation of what's been going on in the GOP. The average GOP voter does not want Romney. They didn't want him in 2008, and they don't want him now. But if not him, then who?

Nearly every other candidate has sequentially been ballyhooed as the "conservatives' choice" and the not-Romney. Bachmann, then Perry, then Cain, then Gingrich all experienced the voters' puppy love all-or-nothing infatuation - momentarily. And then they learned something about the candidate they were swooning for, and became disenchanted. A few weeks ago, Santorum's name popped up as the next likely recipient of this "GOP Idol" award, and lo and behold, it happens, just as sure as he will soon be transformed into the next "GOP's Biggest Loser", while Romney goes on to get the nomination.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:39 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
Actually the real winner is Obama as it proves that Republicans are as fractured and unenthusiastic about their candidates as they've ever been.
When it is time to vote Obama out we will be out in droves!!!

Old 01-04-2012, 08:02 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Yup, he's a notorious pork barrel earmarker, grabbing all the fed cash he can for pet projects back home.

Not a fan.
I tried to watch a speech he gave last night. I got five or six minutes into it and I couldn't watch anymore.

There is something sleazy and almost sinister about him. I know he doesn't have a snowball's chance, but if he were to make it to the White House, we'll be going backwards a hundred years.

Birth control, abortion, marriage equality - all the progress we've made would likely fly out the window. This guy is self-righteously dangerous.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:05 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Michelle Bachmann has canceled her trip to South Carolina and is holding a press conference this morning.

I hope she isn't going to announce that she and Marcus are going to be opening any dance studios (there was another short video of the two of them dancing last night - that is one strange dude!).

Old 01-04-2012, 08:09 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,514,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Michelle Bachmann has canceled her trip to South Carolina and is holding a press conference this morning.

I hope she isn't going to announce that she and Marcus are going to be opening any dance studios (there was another short video of the two of them dancing last night - that is one strange dude!).
Perry is "reassessing" his campaign right now as well.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:11 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,522,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Whats funny, is that if you just put a repub (any no name repub) they beat obama....

RealClearPolitics - Election 2012 - President Obama vs. Republican Candidate
Well, yeah, that shows you how screwed up the Republicans are. I mean, no real live Republican can beat Obama. Only the imaginary ones can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections