Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 09:35 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,677,172 times

Advertisements

You can't deny that his campaign was genius. It was good marketing. Is this the best campaign you've seen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 10:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
You can't deny that his campaign was genius. It was good marketing. Is this the best campaign you've seen?
No, 2012 will be when President Obama wins again

Old 01-04-2012, 10:05 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,012,366 times
Quote:
Yeah, if you like Bob the Builder as your slogan maker.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
With his total lack of experience and canned hope change drivel it just may well be a feat for the ages...then again everybody I knew that voted for him said they were sick of old white guys sooo....

Old 01-04-2012, 10:12 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,188 times
Quote:
I don't remember a better one recently, though Reagan had some pretty amazing campaigns that were better. The voters agree with me there too. Just look at the election maps for 1980 and 1984 if you think I'm wrong.

The problem with stirring up so much enthusiasm and excitement in 2008? His presidency has been a huge disappointment. He set out to change the world and spend 3 years maintaining a conservative Democrat status quo. He also ran up an insane amount of debt, didn't turn the economy around, presided over the highest unemployment of any sitting president since FDR. If you believed in the man and voted for him and you were actually expecting him to do something useful, you would understand why I'm pretty pissed off at him right now.

Obama's rah rah campaign set expectations too high. Even by very modest standards, Obama has failed to deliver. "It's the economy stupid!" Famous words right before George Bush Sr was voted out of office.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:12 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
Quote:
You really think that beating John McCain was a big accomplishment?

Old 01-04-2012, 10:16 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,495,821 times
Considering every MSM network shilled for him for 6 months...I don't know that the campaign that Obama's organization put together was all that great. The media selected him as their pick early on and kept pushing till the weak minded bought into "Hope and Change"...

How's all that Hopie/changie stuff working out for ya?

Old 01-04-2012, 10:25 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Considering every MSM network shilled for him for 6 months...I don't know that the campaign that Obama's organization put together was all that great. The media selected him as their pick early on and kept pushing till the weak minded bought into "Hope and Change"...

How's all that Hopie/changie stuff working out for ya?
Hope and Change is working just fine for me. I had a great $$$ 2011 and anticipate an even better 2012

Old 01-04-2012, 10:26 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,204 times
Quote:
It was the perfect storm that worked in his favor. And Obama ran a great campaign.

But GW Bush's failures/unpopularity got Obama elected more so then his campaign.

Without the political climate that GW had it would have been a much different campaign.

Granted he ran off those mistakes and was lucky enough to have Mc Cain's poor campaign against him.

He ran a better campaign last time around and was an eloquent speaker.

This year he's also running against his record, and that's what will be Obama's undoing.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:42 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Hope and Change is working just fine for me. I had a great $$$ 2011 and anticipate an even better 2012
Lucky for you. The rest of us aren't doing that great.

He definitely changed the hell out of our national debt. Only didn't he campaign on pushing it the other direction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections