U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 01:55 PM

2,268 posts, read 5,557,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Ron Paul? You know, if Paul ever came to the realization that the World and other Countries existed before the US did, he may gain some credence?
I don't get it. Explain please. If this country ever elects Santorum we deserve what we get. That guy is completely insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2012, 02:16 PM

20,348 posts, read 7,370,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
I don't get it. Explain please. If this country ever elects Santorum we deserve what we get. That guy is completely insane.
I certainly agree with part of that. Santorum rails about Iran's Theocracy yet would have the US create his Theocracy. He is scarier than Paul, but not by much.

Old 01-08-2012, 05:36 PM

28,308 posts, read 11,012,720 times
Ron Paul said, we could keep the SS and Medicare/Medicaid, if the fed res wasn't giving 16 trillion out to someone else, while we get the tax.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:08 PM

3,834 posts, read 1,186,031 times
It is interesting to watch Ron Paul picking off the sick and weak candidates. Newt is well spoken and fun and all, but his record in Washington and in his private life make him completely unelectable. Santorum is a complete nightmare and needs to be taken down several pegs.

I don't know why he doesn't go all out after Romney. One possibility: Knock everyone else out of the race and then it's a two horse race between him and Romney. Not sure how well that'll work out for him, but we'll see.

Old 01-08-2012, 08:22 PM

3,964 posts, read 2,111,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
It is interesting to watch Ron Paul picking off the sick and weak candidates. Newt is well spoken and fun and all, but his record in Washington and in his private life make him completely unelectable. Santorum is a complete nightmare and needs to be taken down several pegs.

I don't know why he doesn't go all out after Romney. One possibility: Knock everyone else out of the race and then it's a two horse race between him and Romney. Not sure how well that'll work out for him, but we'll see.
I think people that are going to vote for Romney most likely want the establishment-type candidate and would never consider voting for Paul. The other ones he is going after are the "anyone but Romney" candidates who are more likely to vote for him. I think first he has to become the "anyone but Romney" alternative with strong support, and then go after Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections