Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 07:54 AM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I clicked on the thread to see who he was.

As CapitalCityGuy says, first it's McCain endorsing him and then a big CEO. Maybe he should go for the trifecta and get the head of CAIR's endorsement. Is the NY Times far behind? They endorsed McCain during the 2008 GOP primaries.

Seriously, Romney's problem is his image of rich out of touch guy being forced on us by the Republican Machine and who says whatever it takes to get elected. I think of John Kerry without the wind surfing. He needs some well-known "regular guy" endorsements.

By the way, I saw some guy from the Club for Growth on Cavuto today and he says Romney's plan for growth is the worst of all of the candidates. Now that's a sound bite some non-Romney candidates should be using in an ad.
Well, that strategy sure worked well in 2008.

I do agree with the Kerry comparison.

The wildcard IMO is where the Ron Paul backers will go. Most of them cannot look at Romney and see anything that different from Obama and vice versa and will either sit 2012 out or vote 3rd party. This may be enough to bury any chance Romney might have.

That's kinda where I am. I really cannot support either Romney or Obama at this point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 01:36 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Much easier to get favors from a big gubmint liberal-moderate who supported TARP. This way he can hedge his bets. Either black Obama or white Obama wins and status quo corporatism continues.

The guy would never consider Paul because flat corporate taxes don't benefit Fortune 500ers who offshore and instead strengthen their competition who might seek to gain market share on them.

Ding DING we have a winner!!

Old 01-12-2012, 02:01 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,257,171 times
Wow, first John Bolton and now Jack Welch? Man, that should be good for about....2 votes. Maybe 4 if their wives agree with them.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:37 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,513,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
The $720 million dollar man urging the 99% to vote for the $250 million dollar man. What can possibly be wrong with this picture?
^That!

Old 10-09-2012, 12:50 PM

756 posts, read 713,918 times
Looks like the angry old bald man couldn't handle the blowback from his ASININE tweet about the jobless rate last week.

Jack "Jobs Destroyer" Welch quits Fortune after getting called out by the managing editor:

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2012/10/09/jack-welch-quits/

LMAO ... don't let the door hit ya on the way OUT dumbass...

Old 10-09-2012, 12:57 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
Looks like the angry old bald man couldn't handle the blowback from his ASININE tweet about the jobless rate last week.

Jack "Jobs Destroyer" Welch quits Fortune after getting called out by the managing editor:

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2012/10/09/jack-welch-quits/

LMAO ... don't let the door hit ya on the way OUT dumbass...

I saw this. Too funny. Great bit here:

"Welch apparently ended up at odds with various journalistic institutions that placed a higher premium on providing readers with objectively rational information about the economy, as opposed to flattering an old executive who sows derangement on the Internet. According to Gandel, Welch did not take kindly to a CNN Money piece that criticized Welch's original tweet, and was further angered by a Fortune piece, "detailing Welch's record as a job destroyer.""

Thin-Skinned CEO Superstar Jack Welch Quits Fortune, Reuters After His Demented BLS Tweet Gets Criticized

Old 10-09-2012, 01:04 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Jon Stewart takes on Jack Welch's outrageous comments without Welch having even the slightest bit of evidence to back them up: Jon Stewart Takes Fox To Task For Suggesting BLS ‘Cooked The Books’ On Jobs Numbers | Mediaite

Old 10-09-2012, 01:56 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,609 times
If Romney is so good why didn't he run for reelection as governor?

Old 10-09-2012, 02:58 PM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Well, I guess GEs days of government handouts are circling the drain.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:11 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
I am having a hard time understanding why a Romney campaign volunteer and shill like the OP would post this information.

Is it really a positive to be endorsed by a guy like Welch that is best known for destroying jobs and the massive outsourcing of jobs to foreign countries?

Of course, Welch is going to endorse Romney, they are both vulture capitalists that care nothing about the lives they destroy in their pursuit of ever increasing personal wealth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections