Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2012, 10:47 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,740,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
All right, I'll do something that you seldom see here on CD-I will admit I was wrong about that. Wolf Blitzer asked Ron Paul about what to do with uninsured people, and the audience said "let them die".

GOP Tea Party Debate: Audience Cheers, Says Society Should Let Uninsured Patient Die

Paul interjected to offer an explanation for how this was, more-or-less, the root choice of a free society. He added that communities and non-government institutions can fill the void that the public sector is currently playing.

Which is, of course, a fairy tale that would appeal to someone under 30 who thinks he will never be sick.

You are so full of it ... I'm 36, and have never had health insurance in my life, and when i needed it it was charity that helped me and not my own wealth or the government. It was a charity hospital that paid for my broken arm when i was young and broke my arm in three locations ... And now i would simply have to pay off the bill which is far more cost prohibitive for an independent to do now that health care is federally subsidized, and the services are also lacking in quality of care as well ... Do you people destroy everything you touch? Its like having the Midas touch of death if you ask me ... Took a damn good country and ran it into the ground!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2012, 10:49 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,893,138 times
Quote:
Paul interjected to offer an explanation for how this was, more-or-less, the root choice of a free society. He added that communities and non-government institutions can fill the void that the public sector is currently playing.

Which is, of course, a fairy tale that would appeal to someone under 30 who thinks he will never be sick.
Then why is it that before Government became involved in Healthcare it was cheaper, the service was better and more people were covered?
You could say the same for ANYTHING the Government became involved in.

Why does America consume 60% of the World's prescription drugs yet pay more for them than any other country in the World?

Old 01-18-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Please show me a post where I said I support the war on drugs. I, too, have all day. Also stop with the personal attacks.

Do you vote for people who advocate the war on drugs? Then you advocate it as well ... Do you do anything to support the people that struggle to end the war on drugs? If not then why not?

Old 01-18-2012, 11:29 AM

37,937 posts, read 17,805,641 times
Quote:
All right, I'll do something that you seldom see here on CD-I will admit I was wrong about that. Wolf Blitzer asked Ron Paul about what to do with uninsured people, and the audience said "let them die".

GOP Tea Party Debate: Audience Cheers, Says Society Should Let Uninsured Patient Die

Ron Paul said he practiced medicine before medicaid, the churches took care of them, we never turned anybody away.
That's not a fairy tale, those are the facts.

You have to change the system. Ever since government got involved in the health care business costs have sky rocketed and quality has gone down. gee go figure. All that technology which reduces costs in the long run and yet costs have risen?????
Preying on the fears of the people is how government wins. Your gonna get sick and no one will help you and you will die. Those Muslims will kill you. The Communists are coming.

Quit falling for it, believe in yourself. Believe in your community.

Old 01-18-2012, 11:52 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Then why is it that before Government became involved in Healthcare it was cheaper, the service was better and more people were covered?You could say the same for ANYTHING the Government became involved in.

Why does America consume 60% of the World's prescription drugs yet pay more for them than any other country in the World?
Because none of that is true! Medicare came about b/c private insurance was prohibitive for the elderly. Medicaid came about to help the poor. Private charity was NOT talking care of all these people, despite what RP or anyone else wants to you believe.

With some hesitation, I'll say, I just had hip surgery and the hospital charges alone were $76,000 dollars; this at a community hospital here in CO. Now I've had some people on this board say, "you should have gone to India", etc but that is not really a vialbe option for most people. Not to mention, this:
Rats Attack Paralyzed Hospital Patient In India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Ron Paul said he practiced medicine before medicaid, the churches took care of them, we never turned anybody away.
That's not a fairy tale, those are the facts.

You have to change the system. Ever since government got involved in the health care business costs have sky rocketed and quality has gone down. gee go figure. All that technology which reduces costs in the long run and yet costs have risen?????
Preying on the fears of the people is how government wins. Your gonna get sick and no one will help you and you will die. Those Muslims will kill you. The Communists are coming.

Quit falling for it, believe in yourself. Believe in your community.
See above.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Because none of that is true! Medicare came about b/c private insurance was prohibitive for the elderly. Medicaid came about to help the poor. Private charity was NOT talking care of all these people, despite what RP or anyone else wants to you believe.
And that is why Ron Paul is the only man to vote for, because if people want the SS and Medicaid and Medicare ... Then they better figure out that in order top have those things we have to cut spending over seas, and here at home in a very big way because the money simply inst there at this time. And the idea that you can just print more money to pay for all these things will only cause inflation. That means that every time there is a a new bailout, the quality of life for everyone drops, and prices rise. And eventually the dollar will just simply die altogether, and then all you old people will be left up the creek without a paddle.

Yes Paul wants to phase out Americans dependency on the government, but he is also the only one who will guarantee that those who are dependent at this time will actually get the things they need while the rest of us can opt out of all this welfare bull crap you people love so much because you have no personal responsibility, and must rely on others in order to survive.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:08 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,653,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
You are so full of it ... I'm 36, and have never had health insurance in my life, and when i needed it it was charity that helped me and not my own wealth or the government. It was a charity hospital that paid for my broken arm when i was young and broke my arm in three locations ... And now i would simply have to pay off the bill which is far more cost prohibitive for an independent to do now that health care is federally subsidized, and the services are also lacking in quality of care as well ... Do you people destroy everything you touch? Its like having the Midas touch of death if you ask me ... Took a damn good country and ran it into the ground!
So, no military service then?

Interesting.

Old 01-18-2012, 01:09 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,263,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
How can you seriously support Obama, and sleep at night as a veteran?

I....
Don't....
Understand........
I am a vet. I served from 65 to 69 in the US Navy, achieving the rank of RM2 before being honorably discharged. What are your military quals, AA?

Obama has done more to pull us out of our wars than Bush ever did, and has done more diplomatically to keep us out of future conflicts than Bush.
He said he would get us out of Iraq, and he did.
He said he would go after our single greatest enemy after Bush gave up, and he did.
He has declared we will leave Afghanistan in 2013, and we will. Obama delivers on his promises.
He promised returning disabled veterans more rehab, better rehab, and better care, and he is delivering that right now.

...and that makes me sleep very well at night. How can you seriously not support a President who keeps his promises to the military?

I have no problems with any military member who supports Paul. I like Paul's ideas about the military just fine, but as of yet, they're still only promises. I hope he lives up to them if elected, but I'm content to stick with the guy who has already delivered.

Last edited by banjomike; 01-18-2012 at 01:32 PM..

Old 01-18-2012, 02:10 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,175,851 times
Quote:
I did not say anything about those issues.
Welcome to the CityData elections forum, where it is fair game to argue against whatever points your imagination can dream up to attack, regardless of whether or not anyone has actually made them.

Poster A: I think I'll vote for Gingrich
Poster B: OMG I can't believe you enjoy sending our soldiers to be killed

Old 01-18-2012, 02:24 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,175,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Do you vote for people who advocate the war on drugs? Then you advocate it as well
Sheesh this is the exact simpleton logic that leads the pervasive straw man attacks by you guys that I mentioned in previous post. In fact this statement is a better silly caricature than the one I made up to mock.

Few people have the opportunity to vote for a government officials who align exactly 100% with them down the line on every issue and you know it. The people idolizing Ron Paul who would agree if he said 1+1=3 are the exception, not the norm. Whoever the general election comes I'm quite sure I could name many things I don't support from either candidate, but I'm going to a voting booth on election day and exercising my right to vote in one direction or the other.

You accusing Katiana of supporting a position on the war against drugs without her even stating one, just because you assume she at some point voted for someone who did, is absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections