Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 09:37 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
He obviously feels that he's better qualified to be the POTUS. What's wrong with that? He's a grade A creep and hypocrite, but he shouldn't have to bow down to romney after only one state caucus (iowa).
He's also a serial adulterer....making his supporters grade A creeps and definitely hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 08:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeofseasons View Post
Gingrich is likely one of the best candidates running to be president, and it would really be a shame to see the GOP turn their backs on him. I think Santorum should drop out ( if he is really a 20yr friend to Gingrich as said) and let the rest of the candidates continue their campaign.
i think we all have to judge who best meets our views and expectations. As for Newt hurting Romney, if, indeed Newt is serious about his run I think we all need to understand what he is doing and why. Candidates are expected to go after each other in every way necessary to get support. I do hope though, Newt isn't cutting off his nose to spite his face. I hate to see him ruin the chances of a GOP winning in Nov. I might add, he isn't the only one going after Romney right now.

I too would like to see Santorum drop out. I was telling hubby this morning, if Cain hadn't been forced out I have a gut feeling he would have been near the top right now.

Nita

Old 01-10-2012, 09:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
It is Ron Paul who is going to take down the GOP.

He said he cannot win but yet takes peoples money and takes the time of other candidates who can win.

If anyone needs to drop out it would be him.

He is handing the election to Obama for his own personal agenda to get people to listen to him.

Romney attack and Newt is just responding.

I think it is going to come down to Romney and or Newt anyway so they need to be careful.
I think you are right. I did see Paul yesterday as he was leaving a rally. I would have to say, it was somewhat refreshing to hear what he was saying about his campaign, but it also was a bit upsetting. He as much as admitted he didn't expect to win, but was in it to get his points across. The refreshing part was when he said, you know this is kinda exciting, yet I don't expect to hear someone who is running for Pres refer to the camgaign as kinda exciting!!! It isn't a New Years eve party or a football game, to me it is a little more serious: exciting isn't the word I would use. To hubby and me, he sounded more like a kid spending the day in Disneyland.

Nita

Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
I saw a "Newt 2012" bumper sticker yesterday. I have to admit that it caught me off guard so much that I did a double-take to verify I saw what I thought I saw.

Newt's history is too big of a cloud over his head in my view. I actually don't have distrust in Mitt Romney. He's not the ideal conservative candidate, but I don't think he'll do alot of flip-flopping in office as long as he gets a GOP majority in both chambers, which is very possible.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:41 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,978,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
MANCHESTER, N.H. — Bring out the big-boy diapers. Newt Gingrich is throwing another tantrum, but instead of trashing the federal government, he’s trashing Mitt Romney — and damaging the GOP’s hopes of taking back the White House.

Gingrich, despite sinking in the polls, is going nuclear on the former Massachusetts governor on the eve of the New Hampshire primary, and now it looks personal. Gingrich, dubbed “Crybaby” by the media for his ego-driven antics as House speaker in 1995, is now performing in “Crybaby, the Sequel.”

‘Crybaby’ Gingrich might take GOP down with him - BostonHerald.com (http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/view/20220109crybaby_gingrich_might_take_gop_down_with_ him/ - broken link)
Seems alot of Republicans have been sheding tears past year, its not gonna work, what a bunch of phonies

Old 01-16-2012, 04:25 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,907,371 times
like it or not, this country needs to go more conservative. liberal policies (including those implemented by bush) have been a failure in this country, and the economic, illegal immigration, unemployment, and social statistics show it. we are literally spending trillions of dollars and getting nowhere as a country fast.

we need a true conservative in the white house, and that is ron paul-who was rated the most fiscally conservative member of congress. ( i posted the results on another post). obviously, just about any other candidate running in the republican party is going to be more conservative than obama-and that is the direction that america has to shift if there is any chance at recovery.

implementing more disastrous policies is only going to cripple america further.

although newt did rate conservative on a lot of his voting record, i don't like newt because of his ethics violations and his bigger government shift-we already have that going on in the congress and the white house-and that needs to change also. i oppose santorum because he was more liberal than either paul or gingrich as a senator, and because of his extreme right wing social positions and aggressive pro israel stance being unrealistic in a general election win. (as well as his shady charity and home buying issues)

obama won as a peacemaker over mccain, even though obama entirely failed in his promise to america.

isn't it time that america shifts to a different direction-away from massive spending, rising inflation, and a pro war agenda? there is a lot of real anxiety in america right now, and it would be nice for people to feel optimistic again.

i still feel that the republican vote will come down to romney or ron paul. i sincerely hope that the public will ignore the media and pick ron paul. what i really wish would happen is that the republican primaries would be held nationally on the same day, so the media wouldn't have time to try and shift public opinion in a specific direction. look at what they have done with this republican primary-bachmann, cain, perry, huntsman, newt, or santorum-anybody really but paul (or romney even for that matter). the media does have a certain power to marginalize a candidate by ignoring him, thereby getting people to "think" that the candidate could not win a general election.

do you think that is accidental? do you think the media pushes someone who can beat obama? really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections