Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 09:47 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yeah, he earned it......with the money he inherited from Daddy and Granddaddy, etc, etc.
Damn, I'm gonna recieve your condemnation if I leave what I have to my children... Oh well, I'll be dead anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Ask him how many jobs Bain Capital destroyed compared to how many he created. Romney is a high level business class thief and proud of it.
Of all the companies that Bain Capital attempted to turn around, the number that were successfully turned around is far, far greater than the number that failed.

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
What about the people who work at these corporations? I'm sure working class people employed by Domino's Pizza and Staples, among many others, are very happy that Mitt Romney has made their employers successful and enabled them to have their jobs.
Yeah......so they can give up most of the money they generate to CEO bonuses rather than better wages and more contributions toward health care. Yeah, they're really happy about the good things Mitt Romney has done for them.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
You are not understanding what I'm saying.

Mitt Romney doesn't have a clue about what it's like to work as an employee for places like Staples, Domino's Pizza...he's rich, and hobnobs with the rich and elite...if the man doesn't know what it's like to struggle, how does he have a clue, what to do to help the poor...? I'm talking about people loosing they're jobs, they're homes, etc.? Not people who have lived off of Welfare...

In other words...at this point in his life, he has no clue what it's like to struggle and what needs to be done...all he wants to do, is cater to the rich as every other president has....

I'm talking getting companies to come back to the U.S. He is claiming to be able to create jobs? How, how can a president create jobs, if companies are constantly out sourcing?
So, using your theory, poor cashless Obama should have been the Antithesis of Washington DC. What happened? Are you saying that Obama, the regular guy, has not cozied up to the rich people you obviously hate?

Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Yeah......so they can give up most of the money they generate to CEO bonuses rather than better wages and more contributions toward health care. Yeah, they're really happy about the good things Mitt Romney has done for them.
Do you think they'd rather not have the jobs at all?

Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Do you think they'd rather not have the jobs at all?
Typical Republican B.S.

Offer the Hobson's choice between no job and a shytty job.

Let them eat cake.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 AM

10,006 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Mitt Romney has 3 homes. A large house in California, a summer lake home in New Hampshire, and a condo in Boston.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:56 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Exactly...have you ever heard of CEO's and upper management making these bonus's giving them up to help create more jobs...NO, they keep firing people and farming those same jobs out to consultants...so they can continue to meet they're Bonus.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 01-10-2012 at 10:05 AM..

Old 01-10-2012, 10:08 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Earned it? Maybe, maybe not, but if this is true...there is a certain culture within the rich...a sense of entitlement and spending the money of others...like it's water...not to mention, hobnobbing with the rich and elite...who are probably funding his campaign. I have nothing against the rich, unless they take away from others to remain that way...and that is what is presently going on...
If you're against all that, then the worst possible candidate running would be Barack Hussein Obama. His will be the most over-funded campaign in history and believe me it isn't people working for minimum wage at McDonald's that are funding his billion dollar campaign. It's the rich elites.

Quote:
We don't need a president who is going to scratch the backs of the rich...we need a president who is an average man, who understands the needs of this country and what it's going to take to rebuild it...and all areas of our world here in the U.S. must be rebuilt.
The common sense choice would be Ron Paul then.

Everyone else just pokes and prods at the underlying problems in America. Ron Paul has solutions that actually fix things. He served as a doctor in the military and is a career OBGYN doctor. He's got more commonality with the average man than any of the rest.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
If you're against all that, then the worst possible candidate running would be Barack Hussein Obama. His will be the most over-funded campaign in history and believe me it isn't people working for minimum wage at McDonald's that are funding his billion dollar campaign. It's the rich elites.

The common sense choice would be Ron Paul then.

Everyone else just pokes and prods at the underlying problems in America. Ron Paul has solutions that actually fix things. He served as a doctor in the military and is a career OBGYN doctor. He's got more commonality with the average man than any of the rest.
Let me fix that.

Quote:
He's got more commonality with the average rich white man than any of the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections