Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 07:39 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,814 times

Advertisements

Wow, he is so blatently lying. How can a person running for President not know what the NDAA is? Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 09:00 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForStarters View Post
Romney is clueless about the most important issues of our time. All the advisers money can buy can't make up for a good read of the US Constitution. What an epic meltdown.
Do you really think he is clueless or is he just trying to change the subject because he knows he has to stick to an agenda provided by Goldman Sachs who is financing his campaign? I don't know how he can sleep at night.

At least Woodrow Wilson admitted (after it was too late of course) that going along with and signing the Federal Reserve Act was the worst thing he could have done to the country. I wonder if all our other prior presidents ever "get religion" after their term is over and are sorry for all the harm they've done to Americans.

I don't think I'd get a minute of sleep if I was president and was forced to follow an agenda from special interests if it meant starting wars and putting troops in harms way. I'd feel guilty as all get-out carrying on and wating taxpayers money on secret galas and multi-million dollar vacations when Americans were struggling and the economy was dragging at best. Geeze Louise! I guess maybe not having a conscience or any sense of ethics is a pre-requisite for becoming a "typical" American President who has had to follow an agenda contrary to what they promised during their campaigns. It really is PATHETIC!

Old 01-12-2012, 09:03 PM

740 posts, read 1,973,814 times
Hmm, i noticed no Quality Guy or Dixie have posted on this thread.

Old 01-12-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Do you really think he is clueless or is he just trying to change the subject because he knows he has to stick to an agenda provided by Goldman Sachs who is financing his campaign? I don't know how he can sleep at night.

At least Woodrow Wilson admitted (after it was too late of course) that going along with and signing the Federal Reserve Act was the worst thing he could have done to the country. I wonder if all our other prior presidents ever "get religion" after their term is over and are sorry for all the harm they've done to Americans.

I don't think I'd get a minute of sleep if I was president and was forced to follow an agenda from special interests if it meant starting wars and putting troops in harms way. I'd feel guilty as all get-out carrying on and wating taxpayers money on secret galas and multi-million dollar vacations when Americans were struggling and the economy was dragging at best. Geeze Louise! I guess maybe not having a conscience or any sense of ethics is a pre-requisite for becoming a "typical" American President who has had to follow an agenda contrary to what they promised during their campaigns. It really is PATHETIC!
I think trying to sell these lies in a campaign is certainly just as bad as doing the opposite of what you promised your constituents after you are elected..and it may be WORSE. If he is like this now, what might he be like as PRESIDENT?!?

Old 01-13-2012, 12:32 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Translation: Romney believes as long as the US is at war it is ok to suspend the US Constitution. Fact: the US has been under a state of emergency signed by every POTUS for the last 80+ years just so they could subvert the US Constitution. Hello!

Not certain why this is shocking. Did everyone forget that Gov. Romney signed the Mass. AWB just days before the Clinton AWB was scheduled to sunset? Romney never met a "big governement" control and infringement upon the US Constitution he didn't like.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:42 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
In this video a woman in the audience asks Romney about the Indefinite Detention of Americans amendment to the NDAA and Romney, rather than saying he OPPOSES it like he SHOULD if he cared about the Bill or Rights, he launches into why the NDAA is good and why he supports it!

He at least lost one supporter with his answer to the question (the questioner) FOR SURE and probably anyone else if they have a clue as to what the NDAA is. By the way, if you don't know, it allows the government to indefinitely detain American citizens not accused of anything INDEFINITELY and denies them their right to due process and to be represented by a lawyer and given a fair trial! They can be tortured. The reasons someone can be subject to this are so convoluted. All you need is a distant association with a terrorist (which is nowadays described as someone with more than 7 days of food in his fridge).

Listen to this. UNBELIEVABLE. Romney's TRUE COLORS:
What difference does it make? If you wait long enough he'll have a different opinion.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:16 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_Adventurer View Post
Hmm, i noticed no Quality Guy or Dixie have posted on this thread.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:31 AM

Also you have to wonder about Romney's thinking processes and how he arrives at and justifies decisions if he is willing to do this to his own dog!

Here are a couple quotes and the link so you can read all the details.

".....He took a dog carrier and attached it to the station wagon’s roof rack, built a special windshield, and put his dog Seamus into the carrier, where the dog remained for the 12-hour trip.,,,,,,

....During the trip, .......his oldest son,Tagg looked around through the rear window and yelled, “Dad — gross!” A brown liquid was dripping down the back window — diarrhea from an animal that just might have been caused by the stress of being inside a cage for 12 hours on top of a car going 60 mph. ...."

....Romney....

In the first clip above of his SC gathering he professes he'll be sober and respect American's rights....but then LOOK WHAT HE DOES TO HIS OWN POOR DOG!

Old 01-13-2012, 08:47 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
In this video a woman in the audience asks Romney about the Indefinite Detention of Americans amendment to the NDAA and Romney, rather than saying he OPPOSES it like he SHOULD if he cared about the Bill or Rights, he launches into why the NDAA is good and why he supports it!

He at least lost one supporter with his answer to the question (the questioner) FOR SURE and probably anyone else if they have a clue as to what the NDAA is. By the way, if you don't know, it allows the government to indefinitely detain American citizens not accused of anything INDEFINITELY and denies them their right to due process and to be represented by a lawyer and given a fair trial! They can be tortured. The reasons someone can be subject to this are so convoluted. All you need is a distant association with a terrorist (which is nowadays described as someone with more than 7 days of food in his fridge).

Listen to this. UNBELIEVABLE. Romney's TRUE COLORS:
It all began with our knee-jerk reaction to the 9/11 attacks led to the creation of the Patriot Act -- a horribly misnamed piece of legislation if ever there was one. It's just another example of failed policy that the establishment in both parties refuse to give up.

One of the biggest reasons I want Obama gone so badly: He promised to do away with this sort of idiocy and ended up supporting it. If America is faced with a choice between Obama and Romney, this issue won't really matter since both openly support such idiocy. A truly viable third option would be nice.

Old 01-13-2012, 04:12 PM

Nobody has any comments about Romney torturing his own Irish Setter by making him ride on the roof rack during a 12 hour road trip while his family and luggage are safely in the car? Nobody has any concerns about how he arrives at his decisions? If you read the article the dog was frightened to death and lost control of his bowels and the contents dripped all down the sides of the car which his kids sitting in the back noticed first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections